Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What are the rules for trailering a boat from out-of-state into Cali?

KTM_FortyThree

FYI

On my way home from work tonight Fish and Game were conducting boat inspections at the Cottonwood scales between Red Bluff and Redding (Northbound I-5). It looked like 10-15 Game Warden trucks at the scales with a couple parked on the side of I-5 to stop the people who failed to pull their boats into the scales (they had one guy with an aluminum boat pulled over just past the scales). Not sure what they inspect. I live 5 minutes from Bridge Bay and have yet to be inspected.

Be safe this weekend.

Good info, thanks. I guess we need to allot a little more time on the trip to Oroville.

Why would you tow your boat that far with water in the tanks? They are made to be filled and emptied. Not to mention you will go threw tires so much fatser with added weight on the trailer, and the more gas with your truck towing the added weight!

Why would you tow your boat that far with water in the tanks?...

:Doh: They don't trailer with the tanks full but when you empty them they aren't truly "empty". It's this last residual amount of water that could transport the dreaded Quagga Mussel from one body of water to another. Fingerwag.gif Ban all ballast now!! It's the only answer!! Clap.gif

:lol: Spoken like a slalom skier, huh? Biggrin.gif

:Doh: They don't trailer with the tanks full but when you empty them they aren't truly "empty". It's this last residual amount of water that could transport the dreaded Quagga Mussel from one body of water to another. Fingerwag.gif Ban all ballast now!! It's the only answer!! Clap.gif

If they ban the ballast tanks it wouldn't stop us. We would just come up with another way. Like 2,000 lbs of lead that would be in the boat all the time and really screwing up the water.

Right back at ya Tease2.gif

Edit: see below

Edited by NvBoarder

If they ban the ballast tanks it wouldn't stop us. We would just come up with another way. Like 2,000 lbs of led that would be in the boat all the time and really screwing up the water.

Right back at ya Tease2.gif

Would that be like a fat Led Zepplin??? Dontknow.gif

Sorry, couldn't help myself... you can thank me later, Michael. ;)

...Like 2,000 lbs of led that would be in the boat all the time and really screwing up the water.
Would that be like a fat Led Zepplin??? Dontknow.gif

Sorry, couldn't help myself... you can thank me later, Michael. ;)

:lol: Nice. Thumbup.gif

I was actually trying to figure out how much space 2000 pounds worth of light emitting diodes would take up. Crazy.gif