Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to treat jet skiers

NvBoarder

Wakeboard boat 1, seadoo 0. I was out on Shuswap lake doing a little surfing with a bunch of friends. We were way out in the middle of the lake away from everything. Then this guy shows up on a seadoo and starts jumping the waves out past the main surf wave. He circled around and did it a few times, each time faster. On his last jump the seadoo went strate up in the air with the bow really high. It landed stern first slapping the bow into the water, in turn pitching the pilot over the bars. He first smashed his face into the hood before landing in the water and getting ran over by the still moving seadoo. We swung around to make sure he was alive. Just as we pulled up he was struggling to climb back on the seadoo. We asked him if he needed any help. With his smashed in bloody face he said, "dont worrie about me, I do this all the time" then he speed off. What a tough guy. Idiot.

:Doh: He must of been a proffesional ! Whistling.gif

Wakeboard boat 1, seadoo 0. I was out on Shuswap lake doing a little surfing with a bunch of friends. We were way out in the middle of the lake away from everything. Then this guy shows up on a seadoo and starts jumping the waves out past the main surf wave. He circled around and did it a few times, each time faster. On his last jump the seadoo went strate up in the air with the bow really high. It landed stern first slapping the bow into the water, in turn pitching the pilot over the bars. He first smashed his face into the hood before landing in the water and getting ran over by the still moving seadoo. We swung around to make sure he was alive. Just as we pulled up he was struggling to climb back on the seadoo. We asked him if he needed any help. With his smashed in bloody face he said, "dont worrie about me, I do this all the time" then he speed off. What a tough guy. Idiot.

We have a saying that goes like this " you have to be tough when your dumb" and sometimes we are really tough

I can't believe some of the replies in this thread! It sounds like some of you think no one else should be able to play on the lake your on! While the video is impressive as hell, it shows the wake boarders ignorance, which most likely was influenced by the jet skiers ignorance! Who ends up being the bad guy here? We have a camp on a small pond, we board, tube, ski, and waverun every weekend, as many others do! There are allot of those party boats on our pond that are always crying about us chopping up the water, we don't like them taking our glassy water when we get it, the camp owners put up with our waves crashing on shore all weekend when trying to sit out and eat a meal with there family's, who's in the right? It all comes down to everyone giving a little, or we would all be sitting around doing nothing! There is always the idiot boarder to close to shore trying to get the best water he can trashing peoples docks, or the idiot throwing a trick too close to a party boat to show off, or the jet skier out chopping up the glassy water, this will never stop! But in the end we are all just out there doing the same thing, having fun. Practice a little patients, and remember your not the only one able to use that lake! We all pay for registrations to use our toys on state waters.

while I am annoyed often with Jetskis I can understand that they like to jump good waves and we certainly put those out while boarding. I've honestly been more scared and annoyed by dangerous other people pulling skiers or boarders than the ripples created by a jetski.

An eye for an eye makes the world go blind. I don't believe that was the best way to handle the PO's friend's situation. Actually, I think it was a rather poor way.

I will say that I have both seadoos and a boat but will also note that I have seen bad boat drivers as well as pwc riders. Last summer we were out on the boat and my dad had come to our lake house for his birthday. We went out and got him up on slalom (been a few years since he had been skiing) and after one of his tries, I swung around to bring the rope back to him when some a hole ran in between my dad and the boat and cut my brand new rope. Had my daughter not been in the boat, I may have pursued him but I just went to the marina and bought another rope and enjoyed the day. I agree that a boaters safety course should be required before being able to operate a boat and I don't let anyone ride the seadoos without myself or fiancee on the other. They are also instructed to stay away from fishing boats, sailboats, and boats pulling a skier/boarder/tuber. Hope ya'll have a safe summer and please don't put all of us pwc'ers in the same category as some of us actually practice safe/fun riding etiquette.

I will say that I have both seadoos and a boat but will also note that I have seen bad boat drivers as well as pwc riders. Last summer we were out on the boat and my dad had come to our lake house for his birthday. We went out and got him up on slalom (been a few years since he had been skiing) and after one of his tries, I swung around to bring the rope back to him when some a hole ran in between my dad and the boat and cut my brand new rope. Had my daughter not been in the boat, I may have pursued him but I just went to the marina and bought another rope and enjoyed the day. I agree that a boaters safety course should be required before being able to operate a boat and I don't let anyone ride the seadoos without myself or fiancee on the other. They are also instructed to stay away from fishing boats, sailboats, and boats pulling a skier/boarder/tuber. Hope ya'll have a safe summer and please don't put all of us pwc'ers in the same category as some of us actually practice safe/fun riding etiquette.

I agree, however, on my lake there seems to be only one type of Sea-Doo'er. I'm guessing this phenomenon differs from Lake to Lake.

This is a good example of why jetskis should not be allowed with boats. They cant even keep from running in to each other.

This is a good example of why jetskis should not be allowed with boats. They cant even keep from running in to each other.

I agree. Every time my fiancee's son asks to take the seadoos out with the boat I'm like uhhh NO! When he asks why I tell cuz nobody is experienced enough to navigate around the boat without hitting it! Thankfully, she backs my decision as her kids don't respect their own stuff let alone ours. They ask to drive the boat....NO again they don't have any experience and I don't trust them LOL!

So how does everyone deal with a mental giant getting to close to your rider? I myself have thought of the paintball idea. If the one finger salute doesn’t work… what to do?

Either:

1) Stop - It's annoying for the rider, but safest. The jet-skier will figure it out eventually & go away.

2) Well timed fender or life preserver thrown in their general direction if they're getting that close.

While appealing, the paint ball gun could end up getting you in trouble.

</a>

I agree. Every time my fiancee's son asks to take the seadoos out with the boat I'm like uhhh NO! When he asks why I tell cuz nobody is experienced enough to navigate around the boat without hitting it! Thankfully, she backs my decision as her kids don't respect their own stuff let alone ours. They ask to drive the boat....NO again they don't have any experience and I don't trust them LOL!

Not to mention that in most states you must be a licensed driver to drive a boat or PWC. IN our state I see 12 year olds on these 12 thousand dollar sea-doos all the time zooming up and down our lake at 70MPH. I'd like to walk up to their parents and slap them up side their stupid heads. IDIOTS

Not to mention that in most states you must be a licensed driver to drive a boat or PWC. IN our state I see 12 year olds on these 12 thousand dollar sea-doos all the time zooming up and down our lake at 70MPH. I'd like to walk up to their parents and slap them up side their stupid heads. IDIOTS

I was 11 when I started to sea-doo. I was able to do this because my parents taught me well, and demonstrated common sense. (Now laws here have changed) I think its probably easier to train a younger person to be respectful than an older person. I think the worst behaving jetskiers are the ones who 1) don't own the machine 2) over drive their ability.

At the end of the day some people just lack common sense and no matter what you do to them, they won't get the message.

What would I do instead of a paintball gun to chase a sea-dooer away? Take a camera out and make it obvious you are taking a picture of them. Even if you fake it. You'd be surprised at the number of people who back off their dumb behaviour when they know they're being filmed.

p.s. that first video with the ollie over the jetski, can someone tell me the second song in that video? it just has the opening. it's a classic but i can't remember the title! thanks

I was 11 when I started to sea-doo. I was able to do this because my parents taught me well, and demonstrated common sense. (Now laws here have changed) I think its probably easier to train a younger person to be respectful than an older person. I think the worst behaving jetskiers are the ones who 1) don't own the machine 2) over drive their ability.

At the end of the day some people just lack common sense and no matter what you do to them, they won't get the message.

What would I do instead of a paintball gun to chase a sea-dooer away? Take a camera out and make it obvious you are taking a picture of them. Even if you fake it. You'd be surprised at the number of people who back off their dumb behaviour when they know they're being filmed.

p.s. that first video with the ollie over the jetski, can someone tell me the second song in that video? it just has the opening. it's a classic but i can't remember the title! thanks

I was 12 when I started driving our boat and pulling all my friends and cousins skiing. Kids in my day HAD common sense. These days, the kids have little or NONE and little or no respect for anyone or anything.