Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu Finally

Malibuzer

I am sure that the wake behind the VTX is not near as good as the Response but I was certainly suprised by the lack of wake at 32mph. We absolutley love the seating that the VTX gives you. 8 people garage boating the other night 6 adults and 2 children, and only 1 kid was in the bow. We came from the I/O side of things in a beautiful Mariah 180 Shabah. My wife kept saying all winter that she is going to miss the old boat. I think she changed her mind in the first five minutes we were on the lake test. Even in the rain. Just have to add a few new things to her now. Mount the Titan swivel racks, add a coupole off amps and a new sub and also complete the matching set of Titan Alphas (maybe later this year). Now I may have a couple of extra Malibu Metcraft racks for sale!!!! Whistling.gif Maybe a trade for a scond pair of Alphas!!!!!

Pennery, the lakes are open and we are camping next weekend. Might have to go buy a dry suit this year. Lake temp was a balmy 39F.

Was up at our 'home' lake on May 1 (Moose Lake) making sure the lifts were 100%. We're probably another week from today until we're on. The VTX does have a shower, heater and heated drivers seat. More reasons why my wife wanted the VTX....RLXi has, well, none of that stuff.

I am going to try and get the heater installed this week sometime.. I am waiting for the weather to co-operate.. If not we will have to suffer thru or just use my buddies centurion..

Trent, the infamous 7' door (that's what yours is, yes) and the height of the folded tower. How did it squeek in? That's my concern. Everyone says it should - what was your experience?

Edited by KokaneeKonsumer

It was tight. I had to remove the racks off of the tower. I also had to lower the tongue all the way down, take off the platform and cut off part of the garage door opener linkage. The garage is only 22 feet deep so we angled it. It is tight but we actually have more room now than we did with the old IO.

The house is for sale as well if anyone ants to move to the beautiful North Country!!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbup.gif

Looks nice, but all that white stuff on the ground would be a big problem for me!! Whistling.gif

You get used to it. Actually I miss the snow in the winter. A white Xmas is a must for me. I spend quite a bit of time in the warmer climates and still enjoy the snow. But this year it had been ridiculous. Usually we have been on the water for almost a month now. Although we quite oftne get a good dump of snow May long weekend that melts over night. Right now it is 14 deg C outside. Crazy weather swings this time of year.

It was tight. I had to remove the racks off of the tower. I also had to lower the tongue all the way down, take off the platform and cut off part of the garage door opener linkage. The garage is only 22 feet deep so we angled it. It is tight but we actually have more room now than we did with the old IO.

No swing tongue then I presume. I actually have another trailer on order with the Pivit hitch (original on the VTX did not have) as I'm about 21'6" in depth. Looks like my biggest obtacle will be the slope on my driveway - will have to radically drop the tongue as I back in. Thanks for the update.

WipeoutWally, We are from Rocky and are still digging out from the snow.

Yeah I see that. Hopefully it is the last we will see of the snow. I am lucky enough to live in the "Barrhead banana belt" and the latest dump was North of us (Whitecourt) (and obviously South of us too).

I do have the swing tongue as well. Sorry forgot about that. Althought even though the boat is heavier it was easier to push into the garage by hand than the old single axle. It doesn't pivot as well though.

Also you can see that the trailer has the stock tires and rims. I did not check out the overall height compared to the other tires and rims. I have to install the new pivot racks today. With them on I think I should not have to remove anything besides the platform.