Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

strap it down

Lake.OD

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• auto

• Addictedto6

• Bobby Light

• Mike00LXI

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they are a good idea if only to stop the little bit of bounce when you are on a bumpy road. Not worth risking your hull.

Edited by mtaylor

As has been said before in another thread, you're not really strapping the boat to the trailer..... you're strapping the trailer to the boat. Boat weighs 3500 ~ 5000 pounds..... trailer weighs 1200 ~ 1600 pounds.

Trailer has rubber tires and springs..... boat has neither. I want them moving as one unit.

Selfish me wants them connected so there's no damage when one goes this way, and the other goes that way.... and they slam against each other possibly in the wrong spot. (Like, if your trailer hits a bump at the same time it hits a ridge in the pavement that sends it slightly sideways.) So, without straps, the boat decides to head upwards, and proceeds to drop down..... meanwhile said trailer takes a quick shift left/right. Impact where I don't want it = damage = $$$.

Guess some people also feel they don't need seatbelts either..... cause they know they are "good" drivers. Tell that to the tens of thousands of people on our roads that get killed/hurt each year in MVA's. Betcha the ones who wore belts are glad they did.

Heck, the ones who refuse... they feel it's their right to feel "free" in their vehicles.

Funny how this 'freedom" thing works. If they're "free" to decide not to wear safety stuff....how come companies insist their employees comply with safety rules on the job? It's cause safety makes business sense. No safety equipment means greater chance of loss of life/productivity.

I use 'em.

Ha Ha....just wanted to be #4.

Yeeehaa.

Biggrin.gif

Surprised.gifTongue.gifTease.gifCrazy.gif

This is all to funny...great points by all! But being the 4th to point that out is truley PRICELESS! ROFL.gif

As has been said before in another thread, you're not really strapping the boat to the trailer..... you're strapping the trailer to the boat. Boat weighs 3500 ~ 5000 pounds..... trailer weighs 1200 ~ 1600 pounds.

Trailer has rubber tires and springs..... boat has neither. I want them moving as one unit.

Selfish me wants them connected so there's no damage when one goes this way, and the other goes that way.... and they slam against each other possibly in the wrong spot. (Like, if your trailer hits a bump at the same time it hits a ridge in the pavement that sends it slightly sideways.) So, without straps, the boat decides to head upwards, and proceeds to drop down..... meanwhile said trailer takes a quick shift left/right. Impact where I don't want it = damage = $$.

Guess some people also feel they don't need seatbelts either..... cause they know they are "good" drivers. Tell that to the tens of thousands of people on our roads that get killed/hurt each year in MVA's. Betcha the ones who wore belts are glad they did.

Heck, the ones who refuse... they feel it's their right to feel "free" in their vehicles.

Funny how this 'freedom" thing works. If they're "free" to decide not to wear safety stuff....how come companies insist their employees comply with safety rules on the job? It's cause safety makes business sense. No safety equipment means greater chance of loss of life/productivity.

I use 'em.

While I agree with most of what you said, I disagree the statement of why companies comply with safety rules. Companies (most companies) comply with safety rules ONLY to keep themselves out of court, and no other reason. There are exceptions to this, of course.

Yes, but how many companies enforce safety rules when it comes to the guy who drives to work with no seatbelt and carries a gun? Besides, I think the work place safety rules only apply in unforeseen emergency situations.

• 3 weeks later...
Wonder what this guy thinks about strapping it down???

2549122218_bd0e9a7d28.jpg

2549122182_c55a48a102.jpg

No Kidding ! Any fool can see that boat is going to slide right off the bed of that truck as soon as he takes off. What a dumba$$

Edited by LS-One

No Kidding ! Any fool can see that boat is going to slide right off the bed of that truck as soon as he takes off. What a dumba$$

ROFL.gif

Driver - Do I take a right here?

Navigator - Yes, Yes take a right .

Navigator- WAIT, NO, KEEP GOING STRAIGHT!...

ROFL.gif

He should be thinking about getting a 1 ton truck next time, he looks to be overloaded.

sort of hard to tell, but it doesn't look like the airbag deployed. What does it take for a Dodge airbag to fire? geez.