Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official Boat/Tower Height Thread

skicrave

20 hours ago, Lerandeau said:

My 17 22MXZ G35 tower fits under our 8’ door on 18” wheels. I do have to pull the racks and tow point though. 

Thanks for the info, racks aren't a big deal and a 1 person job. How is it taking the tow point off everytime? Does it take 2 people to do it? I know Malibu makes a lower profile tow loop but not sure how much it is.

2016 22 VLX with G4 tower on stock Malibu trailer (I think 15" wheels?) clears my 8' garage door with tower down.  I have to pull the board racks and that's it, clears by about 2"..

So down would be around 7' 10" in height. 

I have roughly 10' garage ceilings and I can raise the tower up in the garage almost... the damage connection point for the navigation light hits the ceiling just barely before I can latch the tower locks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 7:53 AM, Lerandeau said:

I actually don’t have to pull the whole hoop, just the tow point attachment. 

I did a test fit and wouldn't get under my 8' door with tow point off, still need about 2". I still bought the boat and have the low pro hoop ordered. The standard one is easy to get off being only 4 bolts but not something I wanted to do everytime with year round rideing over here in AZ. 18" rim's on trailer.

Edited by st22eve

Yeah doesn’t seem like a fun extra step at the end of the day. I have a slight grade going into my garage that I always figured hurt me, maybe it’s what gets me through. Either way I’m  jealous of the year of the year round boating weather, congrats on the new boat. Enjoy.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You got the first 2019 VTX off the line. I got the last off the line. ( I’m loving the boat. ) To answer your question, my boat came with 14” wheels. I store the boat in a ShelterLogic storage unit next to my house. The height of the roll up tarp door is exactly 8 feet off the ground. I added the pivoting Bimini brackets to get the Bimini and tower as low as possible. I also ordered the clamping tower racks. I do not clear the 8 foot opening with the racks on. So I take about 5 minutes to pull them off and put them in bins on the floor. Now I clear the door.  Once inside I raise the tower. The absolute highest point on the boat is the anchor light on the front bar. The bottom of the square tube center beam of the shelter is 10’ 11 3/4” from the ground (advertised as  11’). The clearance from the top of the anchor light to the bottom of the square tube beam is 11 3/4”. So that calculates to the boat on the trailer height as 10 feet. I also noticed that the Malibu trailers are about 3” taller than my previous boat/trailer combination (2013 VLX with CTW trailer). I only had to turn in the racks and lower the G3 tower to clear the door by about 3 inches with that boat. 

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
25 minutes ago, YNautSki said:

You got the first 2019 VTX off the line. I got the last off the line. ( I’m loving the boat. ) To answer your question, my boat came with 14” wheels. I store the boat in a ShelterLogic storage unit next to my house. The height of the roll up tarp door is exactly 8 feet off the ground. I added the pivoting Bimini brackets to get the Bimini and tower as low as possible. I also ordered the clamping tower racks. I do not clear the 8 foot opening with the racks on. So I take about 5 minutes to pull them off and put them in bins on the floor. Now I clear the door.  Once inside I raise the tower. The absolute highest point on the boat is the anchor light on the front bar. The bottom of the square tube center beam of the shelter is 10’ 11 3/4” from the ground (advertised as  11’). The clearance from the top of the anchor light to the bottom of the square tube beam is 11 3/4”. So that calculates to the boat on the trailer height as 10 feet. I also noticed that the Malibu trailers are about 3” taller than my previous boat/trailer combination (2013 VLX with CTW trailer). I only had to turn in the racks and lower the G3 tower to clear the door by about 3 inches with that boat. 

Thank you! I got some rough measurements but wasn’t confident in them so I didn’t post back here. We were close but were a bit off. Yours sounds like a more accurate way of measuring. 

BTW, have we seen pictures of your boat? :)

Somehow I managed to go the whole summer without pictures on the water. But here are 3 just minutes after I uncovered it in late June. And 1 with it in the storage locker. 

47984151-C712-4C04-BC66-BF904D768817.jpeg

3A318FA8-AD74-4988-BC03-440A28A5228E.jpeg

B9BD6A05-9D0A-45B7-A1C9-54678DC87C3F.jpeg

5FFD7510-305B-453C-98D1-5EC6CE9B761B.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey Crew... Anyone have a height measurement on a Illusion X tower UP and Down? Building a new garage and want to make sure I don't make the door height too short!!! The boat is a 2007 247LSV , but that shouldn't matter too much as the drop distance should be the same regardless of the boat it is on. The Forums lead me to believe in the DOWN position you pick up around 16 inches. I am not near my boat now as it is put away for the winter, so any help would be appreciated,.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2013 at 11:32 PM, maliburideau said:

Does anyone know the height of the Illusion G3 tower on a 2012 Wakesetter VTX from the waterline (with the boat unloaded). I need this information to modify my existing boat lift with canopy cover in order to accomodate driving under the canopy with the tower up. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Hey, I am wondering if you found out these measurements?

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, potterm said:

Anyone have the height measurement on a M240 on trailer with the tower up?  Will it fit under a 12 foot door?

My Data says 132.5"

Height on Trailer, Gx Tower Up, 18 in wheels

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

2012 Malibu 23lsv with factory 14 inch wheels on 205/75r14 tires with boatmate trailer and g3 tower with 4 factory wakeboard racks clears 8ft door opening by 1inch or less.  with only the lower racks on I’d say 1.5 or 1.75 inches of clearance but I haven’t measured that one for sure. You might force the tower down under the dash and get another 1/2 to inch clearance but I don’t like doing that.  I have a prop rod that holds the tower 1/4 inch off the dash. 

• 4 weeks later...

So here's a different 'height' question ... Have just acquired a cottage with a marine rail dry boathouse right on the waterfront.  No boat yet - but the top contender is a VTX circa 2012-2016... we will need to modify the rail carriage to suit an inboard (it used to house an I/O Rinker) and in doing so, understand some key clearances. What I can't seem to find anywhere (and sorry if I've missed them elsewhere) are the dimensions in the attached image... Measurements I am interested in are AB, AC (whatever the high point is with the tower down) and AD.  Any guidance on any of these would be hugely appreciated.  Cheers,

Dan.

Screen-Shot-2020-08-17-at-7-06-01-PM.png

• 1 month later...

Hi

Height (on trailer) with tower down with and without racks (bungie) 2021 23LSV.

About to order a 2021 23LSV and am interested to know if with the new G5 tower what the tower folded racks on (Bungie) height on trailer is (small wheels), I am hoping to be able to leave the racks on to put it in the garage.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...
On 9/18/2020 at 5:57 AM, 04 VLX WINDERMERE UK said:

Hi

Height (on trailer) with tower down with and without racks (bungie) 2021 23LSV.

About to order a 2021 23LSV and am interested to know if with the new G5 tower what the tower folded racks on (Bungie) height on trailer is (small wheels), I am hoping to be able to leave the racks on to put it in the garage.

Thanks in advance.

Same. Would love to see answer here. 2020 same measurements?

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 11:59 AM, JustinH said:

anyone have the height of a '21 24mxz with the g5 tower up and 18" wheels?

apparently the answer to this question is 10' 8", so if the mod wants to update  the table on the main page feel free.

I was unable to get measurement with tower folded down, but would be interested in this info if someone has it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi we have a 2021 23 LSV with G5 four bungee racks, on a easytow Australian trailer and the boat fits in a 2.4m (7’101/2”) high garage, with racks on (With a mm to spare). So happy. Boat put away every night so it’s great not the have to start removing racks, bimini towing eye etc.

CAE1AA95-5C26-44F8-B951-29F1CA6C488A.jpeg

Edited by 04 VLX WINDERMERE UK
  • 1 year later...