Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LED's for under gunwale

Arctic Slalom

my malibu,

great thoughts on the quick connect at each light....oops, I should have done that!!

these are not easy to photograph....I need to slow the f-stop down and get a tripod.

here are a few images, when I get a free moment (this weekend) i'll get some of the overall lighting levels.

i had to doctor these a bit in photoshop cuz in real life the lighting was/is more dramatic than the photos.

this one is taken in bow looking back towards ski pylon:

post-3641-1215008126_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arctic Slalom
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arctic Slalom

• Arkid

• ADDICTED2WAKE

• my malibu

in front of the ski pylon looking forward (camera is on floor of boat):

post-3641-1215008169_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arctic Slalom

passengers seat looking back towards gunnel (this one isn't really effective -the photo that is, not the lighting :unsure: ):

post-3641-1215008302_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arctic Slalom
my malibu,

i looked at the images you had (the ones you just posted on this thread) to figure out how to mount and install mine. your images, i think were posted in another thread. your install is very nice and clean. i used the black fixtures, cuz my carpet is dark grey. i simply used small wood screws into my side panels. once they are tightened down, they are really stout. i haven't thought about the teak platform, yet....

i'm really impressed with the accent light strips which I put in the gunnels. they are about 36" long and have (8) sets of two small leds every 3-4". they give out the perfect amount of light for the rear of the boat. it is a little dark directly behind motor cover...

anyway, they turned out really nice! i put them in saturday night from about 8-12 p.m. (I'm only around the boat on the weekends). i went with the blue, too. the whole bottom of the boat has a nice soft blue glow. my two brothers (and a couple of their friends) got back from the bar at about 3 a.m. (i had to pick them up -to smashed to drive), anyway, when they saw the lights, they wanted to take the boat out immediately! they almost talked me into it!

i forgot to snap a few pictures before going to bed saturday night and was back to work sunday night (two hours from boat/lake). i tried to have the brother-in-law shoot some photos last night, but he's not down with digital anything!

thanks again as your install/placement images were a big help!

couple question for you....

did you use an in-line fuse between switch and fixtures?

did you run a 'common ground' between all fixtures?

what gauge wire did you run?

using the heat seat fuse off the block ( replaced it with a 5 amp) I made a wiring harness for all the LEDs using 14 guage

I had the time to made the harness

yes all use same ground

i used waterproof quick disconnects for all the connect so that if a led failed it could easily be replaced also added spots where I beleive I 'll add more Leds ( cup holders, and speakers)

waiting to get new boat speakers (most likely wet sounds w/ led rings and the cup holders will probably copy liljohn with a single led at the bottom of the cup holders

My Bu,

what did you use for your swim step??? how did you wire it into the boat?? Any shots of it in the water?

I was thinking of a way to wire through the transom plug. Im not very fond of drilling holes in my boat.

my malibu,

i looked at the images you had (the ones you just posted on this thread) to figure out how to mount and install mine. your images, i think were posted in another thread. your install is very nice and clean. i used the black fixtures, cuz my carpet is dark grey. i simply used small wood screws into my side panels. once they are tightened down, they are really stout. i haven't thought about the teak platform, yet....

i'm really impressed with the accent light strips which I put in the gunnels. they are about 36" long and have (8) sets of two small leds every 3-4". they give out the perfect amount of light for the rear of the boat. it is a little dark directly behind motor cover...

anyway, they turned out really nice! i put them in saturday night from about 8-12 p.m. (I'm only around the boat on the weekends). i went with the blue, too. the whole bottom of the boat has a nice soft blue glow. my two brothers (and a couple of their friends) got back from the bar at about 3 a.m. (i had to pick them up -to smashed to drive), anyway, when they saw the lights, they wanted to take the boat out immediately! they almost talked me into it!

i forgot to snap a few pictures before going to bed saturday night and was back to work sunday night (two hours from boat/lake). i tried to have the brother-in-law shoot some photos last night, but he's not down with digital anything!

thanks again as your install/placement images were a big help!

couple question for you....

did you use an in-line fuse between switch and fixtures?

did you run a 'common ground' between all fixtures?

what gauge wire did you run?

using the heat seat fuse off the block ( replaced it with a 5 amp) I made a wiring harness for all the LEDs using 14 guage

I had the time to made the harness

yes all use same ground

i used waterproof quick disconnects for all the connect so that if a led failed it could easily be replaced also added spots where I beleive I 'll add more Leds ( cup holders, and speakers)

waiting to get new boat speakers (most likely wet sounds w/ led rings and the cup holders will probably copy liljohn with a single led at the bottom of the cup holders

My Bu,

what did you use for your swim step??? how did you wire it into the boat?? Any shots of it in the water?

I was thinking of a way to wire through the transom plug. Im not very fond of drilling holes in my boat.

sorry no pics in the water got warned yesterday for having them on through ( cops )

I'm using the bolts that are holding on the swim platform for power

pm me I'll explain it no holes

use pods from superbright I had made 9 led modules