Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

High gas prices

NvBoarder

So bottom line, what can we do about it?

Edit: I should take a picture and post it but it won't make a difference, we have a gas station here close to my work that has prem. at $4.68 per/gallon. I am sure it will hit $5.00 by summer and that is sickening........not that a lot of people pump gas there but $5.00 a gallon, could you imagine that.

Edited by 68Slalom
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Light

• hrybls

• JohnDoe

• 68Slalom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the point I was trying to make about this the whole time, sorry we got off track during this discussion. Good read here.

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...mp;pageId=62393

That’s not a “good read” that’s a huge load of BS from someone who THINKS they know about what they are writing a story on. When in fact, a story is exactly what they are telling.

I mean come on, Hydrogen, solar and wind CAN’T and won’t be more expensive than the black gold garbage pulled from the ground and pumped into the air.

I’m only skimming the surface of this blatantly obtuse article, what a joke…what a clueless portrayal.

This is the point I was trying to make about this the whole time, sorry we got off track during this discussion. Good read here.

<a href="http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...mp;pageId=62393" target="_blank">http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...mp;pageId=62393</a>

That’s not a “good read” that’s a huge load of BS from someone who THINKS they know about what they are writing a story on. When in fact, a story is exactly what they are telling.

I mean come on, Hydrogen, solar and wind CAN’T and won’t be more expensive than the black gold garbage pulled from the ground and pumped into the air.

I’m only skimming the surface of this blatantly obtuse article, what a joke…what a clueless portrayal.

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

I guess the article requires a little forsight and understanding that there will be a time where the development costs will have to be recouped when it hits the market.

Edited by 06vlx

<a href="http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...mp;pageId=62393" target="_blank">http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...mp;pageId=62393</a>

Please expand on your rebuttal. If you don't want to type it all on the site, PM me... I'm waiting patiently to read it. :)

Edited by LS-One

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080425/ap_on_...Qa1PH5eFkRI2ocA

This is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard of..... OIL goes up another $3.00 because the US shot at another boat in the another country. So "future" prices go up from this one instance. This monopolistic sh*t drives me up the wall. Now you are hearing that prices on everything else is going up too ie groceries, pizza, less auto sales, everything because transportations costs have gone up. This is because the US does not force OPEC to increase production. I understand that they could but why since no one in our gov decides to do anything about it. We are the biggest customer of oil and we put up with this bullsh*t. It is truly amazing to me why no one can negotiate better price points and force them to do something.

Edited by barefooth20skier

For every new car coming on the road in China & India, there is NOT one being removed from the roads in North America.........we better get use to it.

I didn't go to work today, but I'll get a picture of the gas station in Belmont and you wouldn't believe your eyes unless you see it for yourself. $4.16 for regular and $4.65 for premium unless it went up more since Friday.

Please expand on your rebuttal. If you don't want to type it all on the site, PM me... I'm waiting patiently to read it. :)

forward it to me if he does, I'm betting it will be quite amusing. Drool.gif

My neighborhood station has been just below 4.00 for a while and premium was 4.18 until this morning. I talked to the guy and he said he makes 8¢ a gallon on it and that his sales were down 25%. I wanted to tell him that if he wasn't 15¢ higher than the AM/PM next door that wouldn't be the case but he just bought the station and I didn't feel like busting his chops.

On the gas front- It will be real interesting to see what happens today. If the Fed surprises the markets and holds rates steady, I think oil will fall below $100 within 2 weeks. That would be equal to about a 45¢ drop per gallon of gas. I also hear rumors that the SEC is looking to up the margin requirements on commodities to 50% like equities. This is believed to drop about $30 off oil in a month. Currently based on market conditions we should be seeing $65 per barrel. The bubble is based on dollar valuation drops and that the risk free rate is near inflation right now thus making commodities a great investment (It gives you a tangible asset with possible capital appreciation). I believe it has topped out and commodities will head south soon. The Euro Union has admitted that their lack of action in monetary policy for the last two years is hurting investment in their countries. Their citizens may be loving the increased value of their currency versus the dollar but that tide will drown them soon and the policy makers are going to change that soon. Right now we are seeing a perfect storm of lower dollar values, low rates, hedging and speculation that have dramatically increased prices. This is no different than tulips, tech, and housing bubbles in the past. If you have a margin account, I would short oil like crazy right now.

I call gas at $2.65 a gallon by July.

I hope your right. Never thought I would do the Yahoo.gif dance for $2.65 a gallon but, it if gets there I will.

My neighborhood station has been just below 4.00 for a while and premium was 4.18 until this morning. I talked to the guy and he said he makes 8¢ a gallon on it and that his sales were down 25%. I wanted to tell him that if he wasn't 15¢ higher than the AM/PM next door that wouldn't be the case but he just bought the station and I didn't feel like busting his chops.

On the gas front- It will be real interesting to see what happens today. If the Fed surprises the markets and holds rates steady, I think oil will fall below $100 within 2 weeks. That would be equal to about a 45¢ drop per gallon of gas. I also hear rumors that the SEC is looking to up the margin requirements on commodities to 50% like equities. This is believed to drop about $30 off oil in a month. Currently based on market conditions we should be seeing $65 per barrel. The bubble is based on dollar valuation drops and that the risk free rate is near inflation right now thus making commodities a great investment (It gives you a tangible asset with possible capital appreciation). I believe it has topped out and commodities will head south soon. The Euro Union has admitted that their lack of action in monetary policy for the last two years is hurting investment in their countries. Their citizens may be loving the increased value of their currency versus the dollar but that tide will drown them soon and the policy makers are going to change that soon. Right now we are seeing a perfect storm of lower dollar values, low rates, hedging and speculation that have dramatically increased prices. This is no different than tulips, tech, and housing bubbles in the past. If you have a margin account, I would short oil like crazy right now.

Would that be the station that has changed hands more than a political candidate flip-flops? Go ahead and bust his chops, guy has the customer service of a chimp. Oh, while I'm at it the place is a bonfide dump, the display of merchandise in the closed service bays and a building that is clearly past its prime just screams high quality development at the entrance to the city.

I bet you wish gas was that cheap by July.... Whistling.gif

Wow, good verbage!!

Hope your speculation is accurate. :) If so, I think this would cause consumers to second guess the rediculous increases that have taken place - especially if prices should drop that significantly by July.