Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Footin video

martho

How the hell does he do that move where he lets go of the rope and just slides across the water on his butt, but seems like he's going as fast or faster than the boat for what looks like about 1/4 of a mile before he sinks in???

Oh man that is SOOOOO much fun

We call it the WHIP!

Mike, that was the fastest whip out I have ever seen! Rockon.gifThumbup.gif But be carefull when you whip out like that... Make sure you always have your feet close together and in front of you (by holding the handle pinned to your inside hip and your feet pointing in the direction you are heading). At the beginning of your whip, when you are sliding sideways with your feet crossed over the rope, if you were to catch a hip (speaking from a past experience...), you will roll so fast on the water sideways (picture a motorcycle racing accident...), that it will be almost impossible to keep your legs together which will result in a major groin pull... Cry.gif I can still feel it just talking about it...

How the hell does he do that move where he lets go of the rope and just slides across the water on his butt, but seems like he's going as fast or faster than the boat for what looks like about 1/4 of a mile before he sinks in???

Oh man that is SOOOOO much fun

</a>

We call it the WHIP!

Mike, that was the fastest whip out I have ever seen! Rockon.gifThumbup.gif But be carefull when you whip out like that... Make sure you always have your feet close together and in front of you (by holding the handle pinned to your inside hip and your feet pointing in the direction you are heading). At the beginning of your whip, when you are sliding sideways with your feet crossed over the rope, if you were to catch a hip (speaking from a past experience...), you will roll so fast on the water sideways (picture a motorcycle racing accident...), that it will be almost impossible to keep your legs together which will result in a major groin pull... Cry.gif I can still feel it just talking about it...

I have experienced that a couple times, and it does hurt..It's best to just go limp and go with it until the tumbling stops. I usually whip out like that and hold on all the way through and then when the momentum of the boat pull starts pulling me back towards the wake I stand up and ride it out. It's a pretty good rush. I like to put my feet on the rope like that so I can rock to one butt-cheek. That way you really get some speed going. Sometimes it' s a lot of fun to just let go and keep on going across the lake. We have an arm-band GPS that I am going to wear next time we go to see how fast I get up to.

The last time I did it, my buddy put the hammer down and I passed the boat. Took a second for the boat to catch up to me and I ended up standing up when I was prolly slowed down to about 30-32...

Edited by areamike