Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Malibu am I looking at?

IamN2Speed

I have a 2000 Escape LSV and it's not like the one pictured. Is it possible that they would make 2 different gelcoat patterns for the same boat in the same year. Also this one has the MLS system, was that available in a 2000 Escape?

Custom gelcoat. Probably didn't follow the standard pattern too perfectly. What is MLS?

The Gelcoat below the rubrail is what's different. Check it out....post-1857-1207627006_thumb.jpg

MLS is the Malibu Launch System built in ballast. Also where is the shop that put the tower on. I'm loving it!!! I asked my local dealer, Tilly's, but they said it couldn't be put on this boat and is only done at the factory.

Hey ARKID....Nice Boat, Rockon.gif I would keep it how it is. What year is it?

Unless you're getting a phenomenal deal on the boat, I would probably pass on this one. There are just too many things that could turn into complications down the road.

$0.02

Lots of good concerns above.

I'd also ask about why the re-gel below the rub-rail, particularly, the black. The tan stripe looks like it could be original - it follows the original pattern. The black appears to be be new - why if there wasn't rock damage?

I have a 2000 Escape LSV and it's not like the one pictured. Is it possible that they would make 2 different gelcoat patterns for the same boat in the same year. Also this one has the MLS system, was that available in a 2000 Escape?

Custom gelcoat. Probably didn't follow the standard pattern too perfectly. What is MLS?

The Gelcoat below the rubrail is what's different. Check it out....post-1857-1207627006_thumb.jpg

MLS is the Malibu Launch System built in ballast. Also where is the shop that put the tower on. I'm loving it!!! I asked my local dealer, Tilly's, but they said it couldn't be put on this boat and is only done at the factory.

Hey ARKID....Nice Boat, Rockon.gif I would keep it how it is. What year is it?

Thanks! It's a 2000. I'll definatley be keeping it how it is, it would be easier to trade this one in for a newer boat than change the tower i've been told.

Went up and looked at the boat today...

Looked good, but once we got it on the water... Well, not so good.

Ended up passing on this one, due to mechanical issues. Just goes to show, ALWAYS take a ride on the water before you buy.

-Keith

Ended up passing on this one, due to mechanical issues. Just goes to show, ALWAYS take a ride on the water before you buy.

-Keith

Do tell...

Do tell...

I won't go into too many details, but basically they rebuilt the boat, and it looked good. Motor seemed to idle good, and once warm, sounded like it was running goood. However, after getting it in the water, there were definately issues with the V-drive, or transmission. Lots of shaking/vibration, and the boat wouldn't plane out. It stalled a couple of times, and basically was just not ready for prime time. Unfortunately the shop did only dry testing, and didn't do any shake down runs prior to me coming up there to look at it. The first time it was on the water after the rebuild was with me. So they still have some work to do. I'm sure they'll figure out what the root cause of the issues were, and fix them. But for me, I'm done. It would always be in the back of my head, and I only want something that is completly worry free.

-Keith