Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SUCCESS!

VinRLX

Oh, and I haven't been able to get back out there for a WEEK now due to weather, holiday traffic, and ski partner not lining up. Cry.gif

Oh, and I haven't been able to get back out there for a WEEK now due to weather, holiday traffic, and ski partner not lining up.  Cry.gif

I'm afraid your ski partner may still be recovering from more of your "cheeking out" than she was prepared to handle last week.

Oh, and I haven't been able to get back out there for a WEEK now due to weather, holiday traffic, and ski partner not lining up.  Cry.gif

I'm afraid your ski partner may still be recovering from more of your "cheeking out" than she was prepared to handle last week.

ROFL.gif

She loves it, trust me. Innocent.gif

Hey Jack,

Gave it my first attempt on the boom last night & was able to slide on my butt as long as I wanted.  My first 2 attempts were on my belly & tried to get turned around, but couldn't quite get to the correct position.  The last one I started with my feet on the cables, success!  When I planted & stood up I stayed there just long enough to get the feel....then, whomp I'm down on my stomach.  I didn't make the mistake of letting go though, that would have hurt.  :)  Anyway, just the 3 attempts that I made at it was more exhausting than everything else that I did that day combined.  Still, I was up just long enough to think, "this is waaaay cool".  I can't wait until I'm not too fatigued & the water is good enough to try it again.

Cool. So, now your going to be barefooting at Oroville too? :wow:

LOL, when I was reading that expression of "cheeking out"...I thought at first that it was some sort of embarrassing, derogatory term.  :)

...taking it in it's proper context from me to Jack, it was both embarrassing and derogatory, in a loving sort of way. Biggrin.gif

LOL, when I was reading that expression of "cheeking out"...I thought at first that it was some sort of embarrassing, derogatory term.  :)

...taking it in it's proper context from me to Jack, it was both embarrassing and derogatory, in a loving sort of way. Biggrin.gif

EXACTLY the way I took it, my good man.

I finally got up behind the boat this morning! After a couple of botched pull ups, getting stuffed trying to stand directly behind the boat, then not being able to get outside the wake, I had the driver send me out. Once out, I was able to stand, sit, stand etc.! Definite RUSH! Crazy.gif

Couple questions:

How difficult is it to do a tumble-turn back there?

Any trick to a tumble-up start?

Tumble turns are slightly more difficult long line than off the boom. Everything is the same, just a different feeling and more mind games. Start with the handle at your navel, then to one hip, over to the other and back to the navel. Key is to keep the handle in! Don't let it out because you may end to far up your back and that can hurt. Find that sweet gliding spot and stay there!

Haven't done a long line tumble up, not worth the points. They get tiring too.

I've got a friend that likes to do long line tumble ups. Be careful about looking up and exposing your nostrils before you're on top of the water......speaking from experience it can force an unbelievable amount of water through the sinuss. Crazy.gif

Make sure your tumbles are solid as a rock on the boom before taking them to the long rope.

Edited by kikngls

Thanks guys! I know what you mean about water up the schnoz, just from the one LL tumble up I attempted.

I don't have the guts to try a TT LL yet, but they're getting pretty comfortable on the boom. I can go one way then the other, or a couple in a row now.

Oh, and I'm pretty sore all over from this morning's exploits. And I'm sure the water will be glass in the AM. . .