Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

USA WS issues statement

martho

I know it was probably a difficult decision to make but don't you think that without taking position they could have informed the people of what was going on...

Their named was on the event. they had a link on their web site and they stayed silent...

i firmly believe it in crisis situation , as a company, or as an individual, you need to step up and lead the parade. i think they've missed it.

It's not a big thing ...but it would have showed that Malibu is very professional and address every subject that can affect their name and reputation

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnDoe

• responselx03

• doughickey

• skisix@38

My modified interpretation of Schnitz's cooridinates actually works pretty well at longer line lengths.

Schnitz had to have known all along. Nobody that skis that much wouldn't recongize either 1) the rope was too long or 2) the buoys were to narrow. All those vids on his website definately didn't look like 41 off. When I pull my partner at 35 or 38 I know what line he is on without looking at the rope.

To bad for Schnitz as I learned a lot about ski tuning from his site. Now there is a little black smudge there in my mind.

something else about snhitz..

i saw him in florida okeeheelee park last winter. it looks like he was running a ski school ... anybody knows if we are allowed to do that there???

I'm not sure what the big deal is. I cheated at skiing just this morning--and I'll admit it here. I took Advil before skiing, instead of after. My experienced ski partners noticed immediately, however, as I mounted the platform with a smirk in place of a grimace. They called for drug testing before I could towel off.

Now, ya gotta wonder about a guy who cheats at his hobby. Just how did he become a doctor, anyway. . .?

Now, ya gotta wonder about a guy who cheats at his hobby. Just how did he become a doctor, anyway. . .?

That's funny, Jack! I was thinking the same thing earlier today. Maybe he got his diploma by collecting Bazooka Bubble Gum wrappers? :)

.... and another thing.

Been thinking about this more. "I think there was somebody else on the grassy knoll."

In other words, what are the chances (if this is all true) that Dr. Mini was working alone? Somebody had to have built his cable system.... I mean he's good at teeth and buying mansions and building lakes... but did he do all the cabling and mechanics and electronics and diving too? I doubt it. Other folks working on this as well.

And how about other regular "users" to his lake. Like his kids and friends. (No idea how old or many this group is.) Certainly some of these folks knew of his flexi-coordinate system. There has to be others here.

Now what would Columbo say? Who else had something to gain by Dr. Jim doing so well at this? I think this may be more than Jimmy's ego at work here.

Somebody said Dr. Jim could press a remote switch by himself. Sure. I bet there are others who "know".... and are keeping quiet. In my mind, as in a court of law, they are also guilty of being an accessory.

Conversely, if Dr. Jim did work alone, then he was lying to his friends (Schinitz etc etc), and also jeopardizing their very livlihood. His "deceitful lie" was putting their credibility and income at risk. So, when Schinitzy is trying to "stand by his friend".... in my books, the friendship with Dr. Jim was a scam to begin with. It wasn't real. It was based on a lie. So, why would Steve be so supportive of a guy who was "having an affair" with a cable system. He was being cheated on!

Now, if somebody says it was an accident or a mistake or one of Jim's kids or friends probably pulled the switch to help Dad win..... who arranged to have dad ski first at the tourney? And why so many pictures from the past where it looks like his 41' off runs still have him way behind the boat.

Grassy knoll... or sewer grate.... or something. My guess, is that there's more than just Dr. Mini involved here.

Love to hear something from Dr. Ski-Little directly himself..... or from his solicitor or his wife or his kids or his general contractor or his accountant or his patients.

But I think many official folks are hoping this will just fade away......

Edited by doughickey

Love to hear something from Dr. Ski-Little directly himself..... or from his solicitor or his wife or his kids or his general contractor or his accountant or his patients.

Thats a great idea :)

ask him yourself

Dr Michaels Dental Care

819 Summit Avenue, Oconomowoc, WI 53066

(262) 567-7224

http://www.drmichaelsdentalcare.com

(the internet makes it reall easy to be a jerk Mad.gif )

.... and another thing.

I mean he's good at teeth and buying mansions and building lakes... but did he do all the cabling and mechanics and electronics and diving too? I doubt it. Other folks working on this as well.

The existence of the cable system is not in question. He has admitted that it exist. The only questions is, how many times before now did he use it in competition? He claims to only use it for practice. We were at the Open and the word was that a friend pulled the switch in order to help him out and the DR had no knowledge that his friend was going to do this. (Yea Right)

I'd stronly advise against sending e-mails to his work account (I'm sure you're just joking), but don't want anyone getting a lawsuit for harrassment.

Do we question the fact he's a champion air plane racer / chess player?

I think I was being thrown a dare. Not one that I would accept.

Not appropriate. Has some risk. Start sending emails and it becomes another dimension. Not my role in life. No upside. Potential downside. Risk/reward equation doesn't work.

He doesn't owe me an answer.... he really owes his public an answer... in public. And AWSA, and Malibu, and the other competitors, etc etc etc.

Everything we've heard has all been hearsay.

Besides... we're just a bunch of folks on a website chat discussing what-if's and speculation.

So.... who's the "buddy" that pulled the switch? And how many times before?

.... oops, there I go again. Enough already. Let Dr. Ski-Little be.

I'd stronly advise against sending e-mails to his work account (I'm sure you're just joking), but don't want anyone getting a lawsuit for harrassment.

Do we question the fact he's a champion air plane racer / chess player?

I agree. Thanks.

I think I was being thrown a dare.

.... oops, there I go again. Enough already. Let Dr. Ski-Little be.

:lol: Dr. Ski-Little... :lol:

Just for the record....I wasn't daring anyone. I agree it would be a very poor idea. You know he's stinging right now from getting caught and would jump all over someone that stepped over the line.

What good does a statement from Malibu do? A statement from them doesn't really help them in any way, now, I'm sure that behind the scenes someone, the TC, is getting a chewing on. Malibu's involvement was in name only, I agree that the perception is that they had more to do since they had banners everywhere. Their actual involvement was to print the banners and make sure someone put them up, get some boats to the area and market the event. They set the rules to enter and probably had someone organize a crew to run the tournament.

The organizing body, USAWS, is the one that needs to drive the who, what,where,and when. Malibu needs to stay clear of that becuase it can't do them any good.

I respect your opinion skisix, but I just disagree. Malibu will lose boat sales over this. There will be an unconscious stigma that will stick with Malibu's name when non-malibu-boat-owners see other Malibus and ads in the future. I think that Malibu may even want to take out ad space and explain it's position. While we all know that Malibu had nothing to do with it, they have to be conscious of the stigma that is gonna come with this happening by one of their team skiers, at his site, behind their boat, at their tournament. I think if Wade Cox or another MC skier got caught doing something like this at the mastercraft open, we would all push MC lower on the list whether subconscious or not.

I respect your opinion skisix, but I just disagree. Malibu will lose boat sales over this. There will be an unconscious stigma that will stick with Malibu's name when non-malibu-boat-owners see other Malibus and ads in the future. I think that Malibu may even want to take out ad space and explain it's position. While we all know that Malibu had nothing to do with it, they have to be conscious of the stigma that is gonna come with this happening by one of their team skiers, at his site, behind their boat, at their tournament. I think if Wade Cox or another MC skier got caught doing something like this at the mastercraft open, we would all push MC lower on the list whether subconscious or not.

Does Nike apologize for any of it's atheletes caught doping?

Does Chevy apologize when a stock car racer gets busted cheating (happens ALL the time.)

Malibu is a sponsor of the event...any statement or comment from them could be viewed as pressuring the governing body. It is Malibu's responsibiliity to remain QUIET and NEUTRAL on this issue. Since when do we want an event sponsor taking sides ESPECIALLY when the governing body has not ruled yet.

MAYBE when the AWSA rules on this, they could make a statement...but even then it would be iffy...

Leave the emotion at the door and think....

We have different ideas about what should be in this statement. I think you're thinking I want Malibu to take a side. Thats not the case. Malibu needs to take centerstage (it was THEIR tournament) and just say, "hey, there are allegations floating around about last week's touney....Malibu will stand behind whatver deciosn the USAWSA decides...Malibu does not condone cheating...Malibu makes a great product...thanks for everyone's support".

leave the emotion at teh door and think? If I'm Malibu, I am thinking of how not to look like a complete A$$hole in this situation, and thats best achieved by saying something.

As for Chevy and Nike, that is not even remotely comparable. IF chevy spnsored a race at track which one of its drivers built, and then the driver got caught using different tires or something, you woul DANG sure hear soemthing from Chevy. Either way though, Chevy and Nike are not the same because A) they are HUGE B) they will continue to have huge sales. IT's not like Malibu is some corporate conglomerate, and they DO have to worry about every little spec of reputation.

If you think that every mastercraft fan across the country isn't laughing about the fact that this happened at the malibu open, then you need to think. Although it would SHOCK me, there is at least the appearance of impropriety here. Malibu has to be concerned not only about us who will get to the bottom of it, but also the customers, who will just hear blurbs...and then Malibu being associtaed with it.

Gotta agree with skisix & Rover on this one, I seriously doubt that Malibu will lose sales over this. Most people that have seen what's happened are blaming the doctor, not the boat that pulled him. He's not even sponsored by Malibu, if that were the case then things might be a little different.

I'm still floored that someone would try something like this.

I don't think there will be any more tournaments at competitor's private sites after this. In hind sight what were they thinking? And if the doctor did it intentionally, does he have audacity or what?

Malibu will lose boat sales over this. There will be an unconscious stigma that will stick with Malibu's name when non-malibu-boat-owners see other Malibus and ads in the future.

Sorry, but I completely disagree with this. If anything Dr. Jim getting caught cheating at the "Malibu" Open will help Malibu because of all the publicity that will include their brand name. Can anybody really see somebody deciding between two boats and thinking to themselves, "Gee, I really like this malibu but weren't they the sponsors for that tournament where a guy was caught cheating".

Much more likely is that the masses of casual boaters and two-plankers who may never have even heard of malibu before will think of malibu when they think of tournament ski boats so maybe they'll look into malibus when buying their next boat.

I agree that Malibu should make a statement similar to what JohnDoe said. Why not? take this opportunity to get out in the public eye and use it to their advantage. JohnDoe's statement put Malibu in a great light again, separating themselves from scandal and backing up the WS association. It makes them look like team players, and i will say again, removes themselves from the scandal. saying nothing does not allow for removal.

wilma