Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kids - How to them up

hammbone

Cute. Here's a pic of my 5 year old. We had him up last year and once it clicks he'll have it. Your son is right there. One suggestion is you could have the person in the water in shallow enough to stand and then just help to lift your son out of the water to get him up easier until he gets the hang of it. You kind of put the board on your hip and away they go.

post-3872-1215713995_thumb.jpg

I am so jealous! my son is scared of even the tube a 10 mph and he is 6. yet he can ski a black run on snow skiis go figure. however my 4 year old daughter has already rode with me on my wakeboard and her mom on a surf board so she will be up soon. Did you guys guys get them up on skiis first?

Once again great job! Yahoo.gif

I had him up with me on my board, then we worked with him on the carpet. Funny thing was he switched feet in the water??? Dontknow.gif

There are alot of great ideas in this thread

however my 4 year old daughter has already rode with me on my wakeboard and her mom on a surf board so she will be up soon.

I didn't go back and re-read from the beginning so I apologize if the answer is earlier in the thread, but how do you get a 4 yr old up on a surfboard with you?

I am so jealous! my son is scared of even the tube a 10 mph and he is 6. yet he can ski a black run on snow skiis go figure. however my 4 year old daughter has already rode with me on my wakeboard and her mom on a surf board so she will be up soon. Did you guys guys get them up on skiis first?

Once again great job! Yahoo.gif

Wow, skiing blacks at 6 is impressive. My son broke his leg this year on the ski hill. He twisted around his boot.

Anyway, my son did the ski sled first and he also wakeboarded between my legs quite a bit. He then started to ask about boarding himself.

Lots of kids are afraid of being behind the boat by themselves. A great first step would be to pull him into the beach hand over hand or with you running him in. You'll be surprised how easily they plane and that will take all the fear out of it for him.

I have a question; have any of you taught kids or adults by having them sit on a tube to get started? We have one adult in our group that is really having a hard time getting up on the wakeboard and heard someone mention this trick so I was thinking of giving it a try. Any direct experience with this would be helpful...

however my 4 year old daughter has already rode with me on my wakeboard and her mom on a surf board so she will be up soon.

I didn't go back and re-read from the beginning so I apologize if the answer is earlier in the thread, but how do you get a 4 yr old up on a surfboard with you?

I took some kids out surfing this weekend and there are two ways to do it. one is surf up to the swim deck and put all of your weight on your front foot (as if you were getting off the board) and have the child step on with you. The other way is to have them lay on there back on your belly in the water and with there feet and yours on the board just get up like normal. Have them hang on to you or the rope or both.

I took some kids out surfing this weekend and there are two ways to do it. one is surf up to the swim deck and put all of your weight on your front foot (as if you were getting off the board) and have the child step on with you. The other way is to have them lay on there back on your belly in the water and with there feet and yours on the board just get up like normal. Have them hang on to you or the rope or both.

Can't speak to wakesurfing but the method wakejunkie describes is basically what we do to get them up on the wakeboard with us.

Can't speak to wakesurfing but the method wakejunkie describes is basically what we do to get them up on the wakeboard with us.

Thats how i get my kids wakesurfing with me as well. My eldest daugther is 9 so it is a bit of a pull but I have surfed with her and several of her friends. I even got up my scaredy cat 12 year old nephew on the surfboard. Now that was hard on the legs and forearms!

We just had a pro clinic put on out here last weekend and they showed me a couple of different techniques that worked great for my youngest daughter. He put her in the water and then had her put the board against the back of the platform just like you would be starting out. He then held the board back with one foot and started to pull her towards the boat simulating the feeling of getting up. He did this several times until her form was good enough to try. Next he shortened the rope from the tower to about 20 or 25 feet just to help it pull her stright up. That worked great, 3 tiys and she was up. The last thig he had her do was mentioned earlier and that was to stay in the squatting position until he told her to stand up straight. The guy was great at teaching the little things. Thanks Brad Buskas, i will pull you around any time you want!!!

• 2 months later...