Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat - HH is LOUD

CBMalibu

I'm with NorCaliBu, bring on the sound of the V-8. Of course I'm the guy with the aftermarket exhaust on my truck. I've had multiple comments on how good my stock 350 sounds in the Skier. I Love it!!

Also Silent Rider mufflers will help as well.

The turn down exhaust tips will help more with noise from behind the boat while surfing or even skiing.

Plus1.gif My setup.

Edited by LS-One
I love the thoaty sound of a V8 for approximately 15 seconds, after that, I want as quiet as possible. Boat or car, I hate to hear engine noise.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

:unsure:

M, you old geezer. Tease.gif

Well, if THAT aint the pot callin' the .........

I meant to start a topic on this last year when I got my 8.1 in the 247. I was pulling my hair out because the last possible thing I would have ever consider when choosing the engine was how loud it was going to be.

I had spent two years with my previous Monsoon and then also time with TGaugh's Hammerhead. Neither of those came even close to my new 8.1 at surf speed in terms of loud, low tone.

The answer was in the prop. At surf speed, the tone was unbearable. You couldn't hear the stereo (that I had just spent so much $$$ on), you couldn't talk, or anything.

It certainly didnt need any help with hole-shot or anything but changing to the 1235 prop kind of moved the power band and all is good now. :)

The only time my 05 HH is a bit loud from within the boat is about 5 - 10 mph but other than that very quite and easy to hold a conversation. I do have all the silencing equipment installed such as STE, Turn down exhaust and Insulated Motor Box. But boy does it sound good from the dock when pulling away hard!

I meant to start a topic on this last year when I got my 8.1 in the 247. I was pulling my hair out because the last possible thing I would have ever consider when choosing the engine was how loud it was going to be.

I had spent two years with my previous Monsoon and then also time with TGaugh's Hammerhead. Neither of those came even close to my new 8.1 at surf speed in terms of loud, low tone.

The answer was in the prop. At surf speed, the tone was unbearable. You couldn't hear the stereo (that I had just spent so much $$$ on), you couldn't talk, or anything.

It certainly didnt need any help with hole-shot or anything but changing to the 1235 prop kind of moved the power band and all is good now. :)

Did you get the STE on your 8.1L? I got it and turned down exhaust and it is quieter than my HH 383 was. We can regularly talk to the surfer with no problem.

Did you get the STE on your 8.1L? I got it and turned down exhaust and it is quieter than my HH 383 was. We can regularly talk to the surfer with no problem.

I thought STE was standard? I think so? I do have the turn downs for sure. What prop are you running?

No, STE is an option. The Silent Riders are standard on all vdrives, but STE is something different.

Ok that makes sense. For clarification now, what exactly is STE?

No, STE is an option. The Silent Riders are standard on all vdrives, but STE is something different.

Ok that makes sense. For clarification now, what exactly is STE?

Silent Tip Exhaust

A couple of threads on them:

Discussion #1

Discussion #2

Additionally, I think that there was a member that added them after the fact. Was it SunrisedH20Skier?

Jerry has the inline silencers, which go in the exhaust hose after the manifold and before the mufflers. However, he has yet to install them because of some inconsequential hybrid crap. . . Tease2.gif