Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2008 V Ride

T-Squared

We just picked up our 08 ride 3 weeks ago. We love the boat but the decal sucks. Every time I wipe the boat down after pulling it out of the lake it peels back the little pointy spots and gets fuzz under them. This only seems to happen on the side hull decals. The back and the Domed malibu are fine. I am using high quality towels and trying to be gentle on it. Does anyone else have this problem? It worries me that its only 3 weeks old and it does this. How am I supposed to wax it?

A good rule of thumb is to let the decals sit for a few days in the sun to really set up. Also, you may want to wipe over the decal to the gel coat versus the gel coat to the sticker for the first few wipedowns. This will usually prevent any future peeling.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T-Squared

• jtrovato

• meb885

• Bill_AirJunky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Solid white! Cool, very classic (like I like them)Rockon.gif and low maintenance Thumbup.gif . Did you pay extra for solid white or get credit for no added color option? Dontknow.gif Always wondered... I know Sanger will credit (actually not charge extra for colors...) for solid white or silver cloud grey but I don't know of any other company who offers that option.

The only thing I find is that the WS decals seem a little big for the V-Ride hull on the trailer at least.

Would have to see it on the water. But it does look better than the 07-08 V-Ride decals for sure... maybe the domed "Malibu" would have looked good with the classic style.

Edited by 1FootDan

Thanks for everyones responses. We have been wiping from the decal to the gel coat except for the first time when we noticed it. It has been sitting out for a few days now so hopefully that will help it.

Worst case scenario is we will have a VRide logo printed from domednumbers.com. I have seen some really cool stuff they have done.

Solid white! Cool, very classic (like I like them)Rockon.gif and low maintenance Thumbup.gif . Did you pay extra for solid white or get credit for no added color option? Dontknow.gif Always wondered... I know Sanger will credit (actually not charge extra for colors...) for solid white or silver cloud grey but I don't know of any other company who offers that option.

The only thing I find is that the WS decals seem a little big for the V-Ride hull on the trailer at least.

Would have to see it on the water. But it does look better than the 07-08 V-Ride decals for sure... maybe the domed "Malibu" would have looked good with the classic style.

I didn't pay extra for the all white gel, the tower did cost a couple bucks more to get it powder coated white versus the standard black.

The boat looks better in the water with the WS decal, they all look kinda big but we couldn't do the Ride decal. We went back and forth on which decal we were going to go with, even went down to the dealer and held up different ones to see which looked the best.

Nice! I retract what I have said. i was under the impression that part of the decal was under water. Not the case. Good choice. Thumbup.gif

Nice! I retract what I have said. i was under the impression that part of the decal was under water. Not the case. Good choice. Thumbup.gif

Thanks. :)