Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2008 V Ride

T-Squared

Congrats on the new ride! I agree with Tracie on the graphics. Black drip molded letters with the reflective silver outline like came on the '02-'05 RLX would be awesome. Very understated and classy. You used to be able to get them for pretty cheap on Malibu's website...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T-Squared

• jtrovato

• meb885

• Bill_AirJunky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you get a white Illusion X tower or white Titan III tower? Your first post says Illusion and the one with the pics says III.

I can see where that wouldbe confusing. I typed I L L and I can see why you would think it was a Titan III. I ordered a white ILLX.

That's going to look really nice with the white Illusion tower. Can't wait to see it and what you end up with for graphics.

Nice. Your gonna love the new setup. Congrats!

I am so chompin at the bit to get my boat out of storage. Thought I was going to do it last Saturday, but we had like 4" of snow over the weekend. So I paid for 2 more weeks of storage yesterday. Hope to bring it up soon & get everything setup. I have more diamond plate for the trailer, LEDs for the boat, Dbots for the stereo, and a new Max Air front wing for the foil. Lookin forward to my first ride in months.

We had a couple inches last week, yet its 50 degrees today. I am hoping we are finally on the other side of this weather and theres nothing but warm weather ahead of us.

I have all my new stereo gear sitting ready to go when the boat arrives in the driveway. If the weather is nice this weekend, the stereo will go in.

If your in Burton and ordered from the detroit show i'm assuming that your boat is at Skiers Pier?

If so i think i saw them working on it yesterday when i was down there dropping off my Mooring Cover. If it's indeed yours looks real nice....coming along real well. Thumbup.gif

Weather was beautiful today...switching from the white shipping cover i substituted for shrink-wrap this year back to the mooring cover as soon as it comes back from being patched and re-sewn.... It got caught on a bench and became a bit less water tight..... Mad.gif but i can't wait....before i put it away for the season i spent 3 days detailing the whole exterior.... rubbing compound, to wax to finishing compound. 1 time around the boat with a soft cloth and i'll be ready to drop her in.....

Now if the lake would unfreeze i'd be a happy camper.... Yahoo.gif

If your in Burton and ordered from the detroit show i'm assuming that your boat is at Skiers Pier?

If so i think i saw them working on it yesterday when i was down there dropping off my Mooring Cover. If it's indeed yours looks real nice....coming along real well. Thumbup.gif

Weather was beautiful today...switching from the white shipping cover i substituted for shrink-wrap this year back to the mooring cover as soon as it comes back from being patched and re-sewn.... It got caught on a bench and became a bit less water tight..... Mad.gif but i can't wait....before i put it away for the season i spent 3 days detailing the whole exterior.... rubbing compound, to wax to finishing compound. 1 time around the boat with a soft cloth and i'll be ready to drop her in.....

Now if the lake would unfreeze i'd be a happy camper.... Yahoo.gif

Yep, I did buy it from Skiers Pier. Did they have it in the back showroom area?

I checked the forecast today, looks like we have better weather coming in the next few days.

I am hoping for open water in the next couple of weeks, last year I had already been out a few times by now.

Its almost ready! Yahoo.gifYahoo.gif

We drove down on Saturday to finish up the deal and to finally see how it turned out. Drool.gif The bimini is charcoal even though it looks black in the pics. We had a chromed raised decal installed on the transom with Malibu raised lettering on the back corners. Now we are just waiting on the side decals to get here and a water test, then we can bring it home. I am hoping for this week. Rockon.gif

We couldnt get that great of a shot of the boat, it was in the showroom.

post-2255-1207512995_thumb.jpg

It was in the showroom with decals on it today, i should of taken a picture for you!

I am jealous Cry.gif

Thanks. I am bringing it home today, weather permitting. Biggrin.gif

What's with your wedge? Why do you have the older style? It should be stainless and be the free floating one, not the one you have to lock into place.

What's with your wedge? Why do you have the older style? It should be stainless and be the free floating one, not the one you have to lock into place.

I am not a fan of the floating wedge. I swapped it out with the older style as I liked the wake better.

Nice Ride man! I really like the way that turned out, very classy looking boat. Well Done.

Greg Thumbup.gif

Thanks, now if the weather around here would only cooporate. :)

Brought the new Bu home today...

When did u pick it up. at about 2:00 it was in the showroom all covered up. I want the Black and White decked out VTX they have sitting in the show room right now. Monsoon, Board Racks, Tower Speakers, Chrome accents on the included trailer...i want it!!!!! (someone give me 60k or $440 a month)

When did u pick it up. at about 2:00 it was in the showroom all covered up. I want the Black and White decked out VTX they have sitting in the show room right now. Monsoon, Board Racks, Tower Speakers, Chrome accents on the included trailer...i want it!!!!! (someone give me 60k or $440 a month)

I picked it up around 3:30-4:00.

That VTX is sweet, just gotta sell your Echelon and the VTX is yours. Thumbup.gif Wasn't your boat for sale through them last year? It looks familar...

I picked it up around 3:30-4:00.

That VTX is sweet, just gotta sell your Echelon and the VTX is yours. Thumbup.gif Wasn't your boat for sale through them last year? It looks familar...

2 seasons ago. thats where i bought it. it was on their website and everything. and yeah id love to get the VTX but the monthly payments could very well kill me. somene adopt me! im 22, cute, lovable, and don't take up much space.... LOL

• 2 months later...

mebb885, I saw yours in there, looked good.

And as for the 08 V-Ride, those WS decals look soooo much better. I have an 07 V-Ride, also white, also from skier's pier but with titan tower and black trailer. I've been considering taking the decals off too and leaving them off. Looks good.

Also if you are ever around Orchard Lake or Union Lake and want to meet up, let me know. I can usually round up a decent sized crew (the more mass the merrier). I packed 11 in on sunday....and got stuck in that ridiculous storm. Hail at 70mph doesn't feel so great, but a good time otherwise.

I also ride in Brighton on Island Lake every couple weeks (behind a mobius LSV) too....

• 1 month later...

We just picked up our 08 ride 3 weeks ago. We love the boat but the decal sucks. Every time I wipe the boat down after pulling it out of the lake it peels back the little pointy spots and gets fuzz under them. This only seems to happen on the side hull decals. The back and the Domed malibu are fine. I am using high quality towels and trying to be gentle on it. Does anyone else have this problem? It worries me that its only 3 weeks old and it does this. How am I supposed to wax it?

I've noticed a little bit of the points coming up, but haven't really worried about it too much. I actually just used a buffer on the boat at the beginning of the season and the decals held up fine, none of them peeled off any more than the 1/8th of an inch that might have already came up a little from wiping with a towel.

mebb885, I saw yours in there, looked good.

And as for the 08 V-Ride, those WS decals look soooo much better. I have an 07 V-Ride, also white, also from skier's pier but with titan tower and black trailer. I've been considering taking the decals off too and leaving them off. Looks good.

Also if you are ever around Orchard Lake or Union Lake and want to meet up, let me know. I can usually round up a decent sized crew (the more mass the merrier). I packed 11 in on sunday....and got stuck in that ridiculous storm. Hail at 70mph doesn't feel so great, but a good time otherwise.

I also ride in Brighton on Island Lake every couple weeks (behind a mobius LSV) too....

i love orchard lake! this season my boats been on the trailer...so i can drop it in wherever.