Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Our New Boat

jetskipro550

Congrats on the new boat. I like my Sanger, how ever the interior on my dxii does not compare to my old rlxi.

I really would rather the bu but the barefoot wake in not as good.

I thought the seats were pretty comfortable and there was some nice attention to detail but I didn't think the carpet was as plush as the new BU's but still much nicer then our SSLXi. Not knocking the SSLXi, its just an older boat and the carpet isn't as soft as the new ones.

It doesn't have all the bling of the BU's and that is most noticable in the dash area. The dash is more plain but user friendly at the same time. I think it will start to look more busy when I add in a stereo, PP, and new depth gauge Biggrin.gif

I am just dying to get the boat so I can get out behind it and start adding stuff to it Yahoo.gif

Nice Patrick, that's awesome. You guys must be so stoked! New boat smell....there's nothing like it, is there? Yahoo.gif

Yeah we are all really excited! I am still kind of in shock that my dad went for a new boat, let alone a big new boat. The new boat smell is good, but I am more looking forward to the smell of gas, vinyl cleaner, and tanning oil... Drool.gif

BTW- we are heading to Sunriver this Friday...I will shoot you an e-mail tomorrow...

Edited by jetskipro550
  • 2 months later...

Well it's FINALLY home!!! Yahoo.gif I left work early yesterday and met my dad at the dealership to pick it up. The tower stuck up about 4 inches too high to fit in the garage, but we all ready knew it wasn't going to fit. This boat seems HUGE compared to our last one!

I treated the windshield with Rain-x, waxed the hull, and Armor-all'd the vinyl this evening...I can't wait for it to stop raining so we can ride!

Next week I will be putting in 4 polk 6.5" speakers, HU, alpine amp, Fly High 750's, maybe another battery, and guide pole covers. I am holding off on PP until I find out if I got the new job :unsure: but as soon as I hear I will place my order (hopefully)!

Next week I will be putting in 4 polk 6.5" speakers, HU, alpine amp, Fly High 750's, maybe another battery, and guide pole covers. I am holding off on PP until I find out if I got the new job :unsure: but as soon as I hear I will place my order (hopefully)!

You know w/ a Malibu it'd fit in the garage w/o having to remove the tower.... Tease.gif

You know w/ a Malibu it'd fit in the garage w/o having to remove the tower.... Tease.gif

The SSLXi didn't fit either. Tongue.gif

Well it's FINALLY home!!! Yahoo.gif I left work early yesterday and met my dad at the dealership to pick it up. The tower stuck up about 4 inches too high to fit in the garage, but we all ready knew it wasn't going to fit. This boat seems HUGE compared to our last one!

I treated the windshield with Rain-x, waxed the hull, and Armor-all'd the vinyl this evening...I can't wait for it to stop raining so we can ride!

Cmon man put away the Armor-all...it's not good for that vinyl. Gotta use the 303.

-Chris

Cmon man put away the Armor-all...it's not good for that vinyl. Gotta use the 303.

-Chris

Plus1.gif

Is it simple green or the 303 thats really slippery? I can't remember, but if its the 303 then I don't like that stuff.

Well Armor'all is horible stuff for vinal, so don't use that! It will dry it out, and doesn't provide any UV protection.

That must look awesome on the water.. congrats

It does Thumbup.gif There is some metalic flake in the red flames and it really looks cool on the water. Keeping the black on this boat looking clean is going to be time consuming, but fun :)

We took it out and put 2 hours on it, with the stock ballast loaded up and 9 people in the boat, the surf wake was BIG! Wakeboarding wake looked really nice as well, but we bought this boat mainly for surfing so we didn't spend much time looking at it. We did drive around for a good 1/2 hour at surf speeds (with varying RPMs' per brake in procedure) and and weighted for sufing, and just Drool.gif over the surf wake. No one rode cause it the water was blown out, but it gave me the itch to get out there and ride!!! When I get the surf wake all dialed in (and add in my 750's) I will be sure to take some pics and share em on here.

Is it simple green or the 303 thats really slippery? I can't remember, but if its the 303 then I don't like that stuff.

Well Armor'all is horible stuff for vinal, so don't use that! It will dry it out, and doesn't provide any UV protection.

It sure looks good though Biggrin.gif

I did not realize it was bad for the vinyl, have any reccomendations (besides 303)?

Hey 550 use Babes boat products. I used to always try and find the best cleaners for my boat and cars finally bought some Babes and wow it works great and isn't slippery like the 303. Thumbup.gif

Hey 550 use Babes boat products. I used to always try and find the best cleaners for my boat and cars finally bought some Babes and wow it works great and isn't slippery like the 303. Thumbup.gif

:Doh: I didn't even think of Babes. I use that to wipe down the exterior but didn't even think about the interior Crazy.gif

You might want to add some extra flotation in your new boat in case you take a roller over the bow. Don't want to end up like the guy that sunk it straight to the bottom of the river (just posted on the forum: Sanger, boat or submarine)!

You might want to add some extra flotation in your new boat in case you take a roller over the bow. Don't want to end up like the guy that sunk it straight to the bottom of the river (just posted on the forum: Sanger, boat or submarine)!

I think I will wait until the final verdict is on this one ;)