Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WOW! I Like It!

VinRLX

Jerry, that would require someone climbing into the boat. So far, I haven't allowed that--can't risk getting the carpet dirty. ;)

Look, just get two of those edwin special wet buckets (that sounds kinda sick actually ;) ), one for each foot, then you don't have to worry about it getting dirty.

Edited by SunriseH2OSkier
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VinRLX

• NorCaliBu

• SunriseH2OSkier

• onamission

Michael, I wish I could be less predictable, but, :biteme: Maybe you should hop on a plane one of these days and we'll take a few sets? Yeah, I know I aint that good, but we'd have some fun!

One of these days. :) Of course, my lake isn't frozen so maybe you should bring that bad boy out here. Yes.gif

oh, and... :unsure: ... I ain't "all that and a bag of chips" either. :lol: I think we're probably stuck at about the same place...34mph 22off... Cry.gif. That jump to 28 off is a female dog but we'll both get it next summer. Thumbup.gif

Don't sell your self short. You have some of the best OTF crashes Thumbup.gif

Michael, yeah, still working on the 22/34. Though my 15/34s were ON at the end of the season! I'm with ya brother--28s in 08.

Jerry, one of my ski partners forced me to get in the boat today. The mounting of the passenger heater is VERY sweet. Oops, didn't have the camera in my pocket at the time! Don't worry, I'll take care of you.

Had to pull the boat out just a bit to see her in the daylight. Though boats are referred to as 'she,' there aint nothin' feminine about it!

post-30-1200791490_thumb.jpg

Michael, yeah, still working on the 22/34. Though my 15/34s were ON at the end of the season! I'm with ya brother--28s in 08.

Jerry, one of my ski partners forced me to get in the boat today. The mounting of the passenger heater is VERY sweet. Oops, didn't have the camera in my pocket at the time! Don't worry, I'll take care of you.

Had to pull the boat out just a bit to see her in the daylight. Though boats are referred to as 'she,' there aint nothin' feminine about it!

post-30-1200791490_thumb.jpg

I'm also really interested in the passenger heater install. thanks

Jack sent me his pics today, looks the same as yours Larry. That is just the coolest option - I've just got to make the time to install mine this spring.

Jack sent me his pics today, looks the same as yours Larry. That is just the coolest option - I've just got to make the time to install mine this spring.

I'd say it the warmest option. Did you ever get the exhaust silencers put in? Tease2.gif

You need to keep everyone one in the boat warm, not just the driver. I'm glad that there are still doing that option at the factory. I was told that my boat was the last one the factory was going to put twin heaters in when I went on the tour a couple of years ago.

so next question is, how do you plumb it in at the engine? Does it connect at the same spots as the other heater? I recall my heater being tapped into a hose near the bottom on the engine with a 45degree angle splice fitting and into a brass piece at the top of the block. this is memory so it's not totally accurate. I think for my sake I should do this to keep the wife and kids warmer and not make the drivers seat so tempting. thanks guys and I look forward to this one.

The two heaters are run in series. So the supply hose comes off the top of the manifold and goes to the inlet of the first heater (can be either one - pass or driver), the outlet of that heater is connected to the inlet of the 2nd heater, and finally the outlet of the 2nd heater returns back to the engine (preferably to the Low RPM Y adapter in the raw water intake hose).

And no Larry, I have not installed the inline silencers yet either. Bash.gif I'd still like to get the before/after performance data. Hope to have more time this summer to get it done.

The two heaters are run in series. So the supply hose comes off the top of the manifold and goes to the inlet of the first heater (can be either one - pass or driver), the outlet of that heater is connected to the inlet of the 2nd heater, and finally the outlet of the 2nd heater returns back to the engine (preferably to the Low RPM Y adapter in the raw water intake hose).

And no Larry, I have not installed the inline silencers yet either. Bash.gif I'd still like to get the before/after performance data. Hope to have more time this summer to get it done.

Thanks sunrise, so I'm guessing I can control them seperately by using one of my unused switches on the dash now? I think mine is now setup to be either low or high or off and it would be nice to have the same with a seperate control on the passenger side. So it looks like I'm talking myself into a spring project...

...so I'm guessing I can control them seperately by using one of my unused switches on the dash now?

Correct. Just wire the second heater unit to its own switch.

Jack or Larry - where is the switch located for your passenger side heater? Is it on the dash? Or did they find somewhere to mount a switch on the passenger side?

Does the heater second in line have decent heat output? I would think the first heater would drop the water temp a fair amount thus making the second heater not function as well. I would think it would be fairly simple to have them operate in parallel. Total water flow might be an issue with that option so it would have to be tested, particularly at idle.

Sorry Jack, I inadvertantly hijacked your thread with all this 2nd heater discussion. In the interest of getting back on topic, I'll just post a link to a couple of those threads here, and here.

The boat really does look great Jack! I love all the dark blue - it is hard to go wrong with that color. Thumbup.gif

You can't hi-Jack a Jack Thread. My heaters are not controlled independently, as installed. It is: Heater>High>Low>off and both react to the selection.

Jerry, you're turning into a real RUTA when it comes to following through for us. Many years ago he promised to put several pieces of untreated teak out in the weather. Then, as the summer progressed, treat each with a different product. Idea was to have a real time comparison between products. Of course, this was Winter of ~2003 and we haven't heard about it since. . .

Does the heater second in line have decent heat output? I would think the first heater would drop the water temp a fair amount thus making the second heater not function as well. I would think it would be fairly simple to have them operate in parallel. Total water flow might be an issue with that option so it would have to be tested, particularly at idle.

My heaters are set up with the drivers being first in line. The difference between the output of the heaters is so small thats its not really worth doing anything about. No matter it one or both are on, the fan speeds or the boat idling or cruising. The only thing that I would change is the drivers fan speed option from high and low to medium and low, but the factory cuts the medium wire right at the motor making impossible to use. Badmood.gif

Jerry, I have a switch on the dash for each heater. Most of the time a have the passengers on high, the drivers on low or off and the heated seat on.

My heaters are set up with the drivers being first in line.

Jerry, I have a switch on the dash for each heater.

I believe mine is plumbed that way as well. Funny, I expected two controls for the heaters, but so far see only one selection (new LCD electronic switches).

I believe mine is plumbed that way as well. Funny, I expected two controls for the heaters, but so far see only one selection (new LCD electronic switches).

Being able to turn them on and off independently is great. Might require some rewiring, but with the new switches being programmable it should be doable. Sound like a call to the factory one day.

Still love the colors. Did you get PP with Star Gazer?

Edited by onamission

Being able to turn them on and off independently is great. Might require some rewiring, but with the new switches being programmable it should be doable. Sound like a call to the factory one day.

Still love the colors. Did you get PP with Star Gazer?

Yes, I'd like to be able to control them individually. Won't need to call the factory though, I've got SmoothWaterMan. :)

No PP, just the Malibu speed control. So far our course doesn't have magnets, so I'm not too concerned about it at this point. Magnets and upgrade can be added later, if we're not happy with the pull. And the good news regarding our course is that my buddy was granted another permit for 2008--he was told we have no marks against us. Yahoo.gif