Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LED Swim (Transom) Lights

fever5

I spoke to the guy at aqualeds.com His name is Gene... He seems like a really good dude. Anyway I bought the 6 pod Leds the pair puts out 1480 Lumens! 1600 for white, but I bought blue. The Malibu White lights are at 2160 Lumens for white, that is the 2009 version. The older version from malibu was 1440 Lumens white only. So this is somewhere in the middle, but you cannot beat the price $169 a PAIR That sure beats $360 a pair. I cannot wait to try them out. I will hopefully have them installed for the 4th so I will take some pics and post em up. I am not that crazy about the brass either, but it should be pretty trouble free, take a look at your prop, when was the last time you had to clean it? Just my 2c. Everyone have a safe and happy 4th! SURFS gona be UP!

Joe Thumbup.gifThumbup.gif

I spoke to the guy at aqualeds.com His name is Gene... He seems like a really good dude. Anyway I bought the 6 pod Leds the pair puts out 1480 Lumens! 1600 for white, but I bought blue. The Malibu White lights are at 2160 Lumens for white, that is the 2009 version. The older version from malibu was 1440 Lumens white only. So this is somewhere in the middle, but you cannot beat the price $169 a PAIR That sure beats $360 a pair. I cannot wait to try them out. I will hopefully have them installed for the 4th so I will take some pics and post em up. I am not that crazy about the brass either, but it should be pretty trouble free, take a look at your prop, when was the last time you had to clean it? Just my 2c. Everyone have a safe and happy 4th! SURFS gona be UP!

Joe Thumbup.gifThumbup.gif

That price is unbeatable hopefully they are as good as they seem to be. Keep us posted could be a good alternative for someone.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I have a few questions:

1) Does anyone have the Malibu transom (Swim) lights? If so, how do you like them?

2) Anyone know the difference between Abyss 1205 blue light vs the Ocean Led 1520 series light?

3) Anyone know the manufacturer of the Malibu transom lights?

I am thinking of putting swim lights on the Bu. The OceanLed (www.oceanled.com) lights are very impressive but $1200 or so per light, while the Abyss lights are 1/3 that. I'm not really into bling, but I can't seem to shake this fascination with swim lights!

Thanks in advance!

Heres my Abyss Blue Leds I put in

post-10521-128508631084_thumb.jpg

post-10521-128508633478_thumb.jpg

post-10521-12850863725_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...