Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Malibu Model

doughickey

Which MODEL of malibu do you own/use?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Which MODEL of malibu do you own/use?

• Flightcraft
    • Skier
    • Sportster (CB and LX)
    • Response (CB, LX)
    • Response LXi
    • Sunsetter (LX)
    • Sunsetter LXi
    • Wakesetter
    • Sunscape
    • iRide
    • vRide
    • Sunsetter VLX
    • XTi (Sunsetter or Wakesetter)
    • Echelon
    • Tauntrum
    • NON-Malibu

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addictedto6

• WakeGirl

• doughickey

• Slider

I was just wondering if everyone else is as loyal to Malibu as they are their own particular model.  I don't know if I would want another Malibu, except the SLXI "classic", for my purposes.

I for one am pretty sold on Malibu as a company. My model choice is out of need for the type of performance I require with a few comprmises for the family situation. Personally I believe many other wakeboard boats can compare with Malibu, but for a slalom machine, no other brand can compete with Malibu's slalom wake. At the line length and speed I usually ski, I'll pick a Bu over a closed bow CC any day.

I like Malibu as a company for many of the same reasons I prefer this site to WSR. It's kinda a Harley thing.

Edited by brazosvet
I was just wondering if everyone else is as loyal to Malibu as they are their own particular model.  I don't know if I would want another Malibu, except the SLXI "classic", for my purposes.

I for one am pretty sold on Malibu as a company. My model choice is out of need for the type of performance I require with a few comprmises for the family situation. Personally I believe many other wakeboard boats can compare with Malibu, but for a slalom machine, no other brand can compete with Malibu's slalom wake. At the line length and speed I usually ski, I'll pick a Bu over a closed bow CC any day.

I like Malibu as a company for many of the same reasons I prefer this site to WSR. It's kinda a Harley thing.

Actually, I'm not sure that I agree with that statement. The big 3 make great boats, nobody can disagree with that. And there are others as well, but IMO I don't think that there is a tourny boat company out there that puts it all together the way that Malibu does (whether it's skiing, boarding, surfing, foiling or even tubing). They all have something going for them, of that there's no doubt, but I really believe that Malibu does the best job of incorporating the most things that people want out of a boat.

I love my Malibu and the original SLXI is perfect for my situation (slalom on the course, play on the wakeboard, 3 young kids & associated gear/requirements, lots of storages, open bow must have). now that Malibu has supersized the SLXI, my other choice would be an RLXI. There are a couple of things I've heard about RLXIs that would at least lead me to checking out other brands. Would likely come "home", but again, it's about how the model would suite my needs as the primary requirement.

How 'bout some love for the XTI crowd?

With Sunsetter 21XTi, Sunsetter 23XTi, Wakesetter 21XTi, and Wakesetter 23XTi all mixed together it will be misleading. They are all quite different boats. Not even worth my voting on what I have. :-)

I am surprised at the high percentage of Response & Response LXI owners. All I have been haering for the last couple of years is that these type of boats are dead and V drives have taken over.

Bill

I am surprised at the high percentage of Response & Response LXI owners. All I have been haering for the last couple of years is that these type of boats are dead and V drives have taken over.

I agree. the RLX and RLXi number is surprising.

'Bu has lots of models and it is hard for me to keep the DD vs VD separated in the 'setter series. BuCrew has 570 + members but only 175 votes. I would bet that if we had 100% participation in the poll, the VD numbers would rise and the DD numbers would stay the same. This is based on my previous poll of model year. In 2003 and 2004, Bu sold nearly 3/4 VD boats. If this board is full of 03 and 04, the numbers are going to favor the VD's.

There are a few problems with the poll. Some of the models are bunched together, while others are broken out, & some are left out altogether (Sunscape series for one). Not trying to pick it apart Doug, please don't take offense, I just think that maybe some people aren't voting because of that.

On our lake we have (at least I know of...)

4 Sportster LX's

2 Responses

3 Response LX's

2 Response LXi's

2 Skiers

1 Echelon

oh, and 1 Wakesetter VLX.

Yahoo.gif

There are a few problems with the poll.  Some of the models are bunched together, while others are broken out, & some are left out altogether (Sunscape series for one).  Not trying to pick it apart Doug, please don't take offense, I just think that maybe some people aren't voting because of that.

No offense taken. I'm ok if one of the Admin folks with a better history of the Malibu line-up over the years wants to change the poll. (I can't change it.)

I was just working from memory when I posted it.... just to get a sense of who has what. Not meant to be 100% accurate or exclude anybody or any models. Honestly, am sorry I didn't get lined up properly.

When I look at this poll, along with the "Model YEAR" poll, some interesting info. I'm pleased to see so may "skier" boats.... but am also surprised to see how many folks have newer boats (therefore how few older boats are represented on The Crew.)

May be skewed to Wakesetter cuz its not split up into LSV and VLX like the other models are split up.

• 1 month later...

Actually, I'm not sure that I agree with that statement. The big 3 make great boats, nobody can disagree with that. And there are others as well, but IMO I don't think that there is a tourny boat company out there that puts it all together the way that Malibu does (whether it's skiing, boarding, surfing, foiling or even tubing). They all have something going for them, of that there's no doubt, but I really believe that Malibu does the best job of incorporating the most things that people want out of a boat.

It would be interesting to see the breakout for the Wakesetters. Maybe a seperate poll sometime? It would also be interesting to see how the Wakesetters would break out if the question were "what would you buy" instead of what do you currently own?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The only thing I don't like about my 03 Rlxi is that it rides flat, no bow up attitude at all. Put a few people in the open bow, and you are gunna get swamped when going slow. The view thru the curved windshield is a little distorted too.

• 4 weeks later...

Yahoo.gifTongue.gif WAKESETTER VLX Tongue.gifYahoo.gif

No, really. My hubby and I really love all the stuff we can do with our boat. It is nice to have the ability to do so many differant thing on one boat. We can tube,kneeboard, wakeboard, and ski. The depth of the sides of the boat is one of the features for me that I love especially, with having Little ones. It's also nice to have all the room they have. You never feel cramped. Plus, they just rock on the water Yahoo.gif I know around here the Malibu gains a ton of respect. Just my thoughts.. Biggrin.gif

2005 Wakesetter VLX

2001 Land Rover Discovery II

1989 GMC Suburban aka "Big Bertha"

You guys forgot to add the 2006 Ride XTi to the poll.

When the poll was started that boat wasn't available yet. It's supposed to be a great boat.

Joe

The boat is great! My wife and I have had it since Sept. Taken it mostly to San Vicente in North San Diego and once up to Lake Nacimeinto. Really happy with the colors, interior and Illusions X tower. First boat, first malibu. Wouldn't change a thing!