Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Wakeboard do you use?

martho

05 CWB Absolute. Bought it and have ridden it exactly twice before my ACL completely blew out.

Still have my Byerly finless that I love and will never get rid of.

05 142 Byerly with 04 Byerly bindings.

Sold: 01 Byerly with Byerly bindings

HL 147 Jeff Herr Honeycomb

152 HL Baff (first Board)

Daughter 119 HL with Spins.

04 HL Motive 134 w/ Spin

04 HL Motive 119 w/ Spin

Next purchase will be wake surfboard, then pick up a larger wakeboard end of year/next season. (~140-144)

2004 CWB Absolute SpecialEdition 140 w/Zeus bindings (AWESOME)(mine)

2002 HL Premier 140 (for sale) 2001 Byerlys (mine)

2003 HL Belmont 141 w/HL splits (mine)

2001 HL Project 142 w/ CWB Mobes (sons)

1999 Liquid Force Super Squirt w/ HL High Backs (daughters)

05 CWB Absolute. Bought it and have ridden it exactly twice before my ACL completely blew out.

I can hear the headlines now.... "Scientific evidence shows that the 2005 CWB Absolute causes torn anterior cruciate ligaments. (Oh, it casues cancer, too)" Crazy.gif

Hope you heal quickly J!

JZ

I keep the first board I bought on the boat as the community 'boat board'. It is something called the "Hyperlite RPM". I put some HL Spins on it.

It is an older design being not very wide, I think around a 142 length and virtually no molded in rails. It also has a big center fin at each end. I have found it to be really nice for teaching people to wakeboard as it is an easy board to get up on. It however doesn't help much when trying to jump or do much beyond the basics, but still a really good beginner board for everyone. If they like the sport, then they can go buy themselves a good board and bring it out with themselves next time.

I can hear the headlines now.... "Scientific evidence shows that the 2005 CWB Absolute causes torn anterior cruciate ligaments. (Oh, it casues cancer, too)" Crazy.gif

Hope you heal quickly J!

JZ

:( I think it read "Man overshoots landing on a table top at Sierra at Tahoe and foolishly keeps riding on it for 2 months" Shocking.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Old board was a mid 90's HL ( don't even remember what model, but it had a canadian clover on it)

'03 HL premier with spins

I also have tried an '03 belmont with spins

--Robert

Edited by notoutenough

Me - 05 HL Premier 141 Bio / HL 30/60 bindings

Son - 03 HL Premier 135 Bio / Jobe T-Back bindings

Wife & Daughter - 2000 CWB Wake Girl / Vert bindings

Edited by vlxjeff

'03 Double Up Nelson 138 is the board most people use, interchanging between '01 Belmonts, '03 Belmonts, and '04 LF Alphas

2005 Hyperlite 3DS 139 with Temet bindings.

Before that, I was on a 2001 Premier for 4 season...awesome board!

P.S. My wife (EubanksCFO) rides a 2003 Premier 135 with Temet bindings.

Edited by eubanks
2005 Hyperlite 3DS 139 with Temet bindings.

Before that, I was on a 2001 Premier for 4 season...awesome board!

Hey 'Banks,

How does the 3DS stack up against the Premier?

I'm on a 2004 TFD with 2004 Zeus (so comfy, they are like wearing slippers!!!)