Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Alcohol on the boat

denjoe

For sure Alcohol doesn't help... but diving into water without the ability to swim (or a lifejacket)-

My point exactly. Who in there right mind would jump out of a boat not knowing how to swim and with out a life jacket? I think his silver bullet gave him too much courage or something. Had he not been drinking would he have jumped in? This is called an accident by the media but is it really? Seems like it could have been prevented by leaving the booze at home.

Here is another angle on booze in the boat. Lets say it was one of our boats. A friend has been drinking and out of the blue stands up goes to the edge of the boat and jumps in. Same scenereo as above. Granted I would grab a vest and or a throwable or something before I went in to rescue him but as Tracie said, it is hard to rescue 175 lbs of struggeling weight. Knowing that somebody died because I let them drink on my boat would ruin boating for me forever.

Just my .02

Edited by Lakenut
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• denjoe

• NorCaliBu

• RTS

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that I know any adults that can't swim but if I did and one was on my boat I would insist on the life jacket the same as I do with all kids. My boy thought he was free and clear in August (he'll be 12) and wouldn't have to wear the vest anymore. He forgot that Dad's Regulations supercede the Coast Guard Reg's and Dad's reg's say vest until 16. Biggrin.gif

I don't have a problem with a beverage or two being consumed on my boat but I certainly wouldn't want a drunk on my boat. Just don't need that kind of liability nor do I want that kind of example around my boys. To each his own (just be safe). :)