Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Crack of Dawn

Headhunter 2317

San Mateo/ Foster City Lagoon. You can see a little of it from 92 and used to be able to see it from 101, until they build the sound walls. You can boat, ski,and ride in it, just not MY boat...

Technically its the Marina Lagoon. I use to Harbor Patrol there when I was in high school. We use to get ot watch the Marin World crew practice at the south end of the lagoon.

San Mateo/ Foster City Lagoon. You can see a little of it from 92 and used to be able to see it from 101, until they build the sound walls. You can boat, ski,and ride in it, just not MY boat...

Technically its the Marina Lagoon. I use to Harbor Patrol there when I was in high school. We use to get ot watch the Marin World crew practice at the south end of the lagoon.

Really? I've never been in it or closer than the freeway. I hear it's nasty... Thoughts? Would you put the LSV in it?

I worked with an electrician years ago that had built the first of the Oracle buildings on the old Marine World site. He said the engineering firm was driving piles into the ground and hit something REAL hard. They pulled out the old Marine World plans and they were hitting the old Killer Whale tank...

On that same note, don't take their crap on the Waffle House! Anyone west of the Mississippi and north of the Mason Dixon would never understand the importance of a well rounded WaHo breakfast! Tongue.gif

JZ

MORNIN'!!!!!

LOL. Obviously Edwin has been there......

We skipped the WH in favor of a breakfast sandwich from Dunkin Donughts. The dead battery slowed us down for about 20 minutes but we were on the glass by 8:30 or so. We owned the lake until about 1:30. We left about 6:00PM . We topped off the day with a some fat Ribeyes and some Dinkle Ackers. After all that

you can imagine how easy it was to go to sleep last night at 9:30PM

Edited by Headhunter 2317

We ride at 7am on the weekends and 5-6 pm weekdays.

7am ritual is to swing by Starbucks for coffee and then on to the lake. Dump the boat and while we idle out of the no wake the first rider is working on consuming 2nd beer of the day, except on Sundays. Sundays usually we wait until 7:15 to crack the first beer. :)

the weekday ritual is to stop by the store for beer and beef jerky. Then we launch and start the hunt for good water. We typically nurse the beer while hunting and then guzzle when we find the butter.

BTW everyone on my crew swears the riding improves after two beers and before five.

VLX,

Good to know that I am not the only one that likes an ICE COLD Beer before the first run. When you spot the butter, the pace of the guzzling does pick up for sure.

I've even gone so far as to have one stuffed in my vest to enjoy while my crew gets situated in the boat..... Crazy.gif

Edited by Headhunter 2317

On that same note, don't take their crap on the Waffle House! Anyone west of the Mississippi and north of the Mason Dixon would never understand the importance of a well rounded WaHo breakfast! Tongue.gif

JZ

MORNIN'!!!!!

LOL. Obviously Edwin has been there......

We skipped the WH in favor of a breakfast sandwich from Dunkin Donughts. The dead battery slowed us down for about 20 minutes but we were on the glass by 8:30 or so. We owned the lake until about 1:30. We left about 6:00PM . We topped off the day with a some fat Ribeyes and some Dinkle Ackers. After all that

you can imagine how easy it was to go to sleep last night at 9:30PM

That sounds like a daydream I've been having alot lately.... Of course I wouldnt have skipped WaHo Crazy.gif

Man do I need to get up to Carters! Did that SE WOW already happen, if not, when is it again?

JZ

Wake and Sno,

The WOW is July 8,9,10. The campsites are great. We are going up early Friday to get set up. I'm getting pretty excited. It will be great to meet other Malibu lovers. Me and my buddy were just saying yesterday how everyone is going to love the lake. The water is at full pool and a refreshing 74 or so degrees.

Our lake get s pretty crowded, especially on weekends. We have to get there very early to get a couple hours of good water. If you want one of the few beach spots, you have to get a jump on everyone. We sometimes (more often lately) go put our boats in line the night before. Kick up a BBQ, game of poker, WB videos, etc, then crash in the truck. They start letting cars in aboyt 5:15.

Usually have great time, and good water.

i only go midweek. none of that weekend stuff anymore. even at sunrise there are 20 boats waiting to get on the lake. not worth it at all.

In my little cirlce of friends I can't find anyone willing to get up and go get some sets in at 7 am and beyond 10 on the weekends is not even worth going to me. In all my boating years I have never been one that likes to just sit in a cove all day. I like to keep the boat running and the skiers/boarders moving on the water, but I haven't found anyone local to me that feels the same way.

The times that I have gone out later by the request of the lazy sun worshipers I always get complaints about how the water is too rough to ski or board. I usually take my opportunity for a jab at their desire for going later in the morning. My wife is notorious for this and I always have trouble getting her up to go.

Unless the wind is out of the south, anytime will do. I am constantly amazed how little boat traffic there is on my lake. That said, there is nothing like getting up early and putting in some sets while the fog still hangs over the water...it's a Zen thing.The NOT Zen thing....cranking up the boat lift when your done and your arms are like rubber.

Unless the wind is out of the south, anytime will do.  I am constantly amazed how little boat traffic there is on my lake.  That said, there is nothing like getting up early and putting in some sets while the fog still hangs over the water...it's a Zen thing.The NOT Zen thing....cranking up the boat lift when your done and your arms are like rubber.

That would be my dream.

Lowering the boat from a lift and doing sets as the fog lifts.

The morning and the water so quiet that you can hear that wisping noise coming from the slalom ski.

Maybe I can hold that thought the rest of the day.

Jesse,

This Saturday I will come by and pick you up at about 6AM and well hit it. Hopefully the weather will be good.

on weekdays, 6:00 am is the norm and then at work by 9:00 - on Saturday or a Holiday, 6:30 and off the lake by 9:00 or it's not worth it.

In my little cirlce of friends I can't find anyone willing to get up and go get some sets in at 7 am and beyond 10 on the weekends is not even worth going to me. In all my boating years I have never been one that likes to just sit in a cove all day. I like to keep the boat running and the skiers/boarders moving on the water, but I haven't found anyone local to me that feels the same way.

The times that I have gone out later by the request of the lazy sun worshipers I always get complaints about how the water is too rough to ski or board.  I usually take my opportunity for a jab at their desire for going later in the morning.  My wife is notorious for this and I always have trouble getting her up to go.

You need to get a Hydrofoil (Air Chair/Sky Ski). It works great when the water

sucks too much for skiing/boarding.

Jeff

My Bu is on Lake Hopatcong, the largest lake (albeit a resevoir lake) in all of New Jersey. Woohoo. to get the glass I have to be on the water by 6:30 tp 7:00 on the weekend. Worth every effort.

I'm out the door at 5:45 on weekdays to be on the water by 7. Myself and 2 others get a pull and I'm back at work for 9. Same drill most weekends, but it is a little more relaxed.

It's the best way to start the day!

B