Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shanizzle! We were sinking!

Stanley Wheelhouse

I added a full port ball valve right where the raw water intake is for the day I lose a hose.

My '06 came with a ball valve shut-off right at the raw water intake. When did they start

including this from the factory?

I

My 04 came with one.

My 03 Sunsetter lxi came with one

My '02 Sunsetter LXi does not have one....sounds like '02 to '03 may have been the switch

the upper right hand U shaped water cooling hose had ruptured and the engine water pump was spewing water into the engine compartment faster than the bilge pump could pump the water out. what to do ? .

What happens if you run your engine with not water to it? This can't be good. I opt for closing the valve and sitting tight untila tow arrives. I'm going to look to see if I have a valve. If not I am going to put one in.

We had the same exact hose split this spring. We were out on the river at dusk and it split while footing on the boom. There were no other boats out on the water so we had to wrap the hose with plastic bags and tie it with rope to get the mile to the ramp. It leaked a LOT but the motor did not overheat. There was a 5" split in the hose by the time we got home. You could see where the split started there was no fiber reinforcing in the rubber. I bet there is a bad batch of indmar hoses out there.

The odd thing is that one month before the same hose split on my dad's corvette!! He used a roll of duct tape and made it home 30 miles without any leaks (it was really good duct tape)

I would assume that this hose comes from GM, not Indmar, which would explain the failure in the Corvette mentioned above.

Does anyone know which model years these hoses were from? It seems like 2006 and newer.

I added a full port ball valve right where the raw water intake is for the day I lose a hose.

My '06 came with a ball valve shut-off right at the raw water intake. When did they start

including this from the factory?

I

My 04 came with one.

My 03 Sunsetter lxi came with one

My '02 Sunsetter LXi does not have one....sounds like '02 to '03 may have been the switch

My 04 VLX has ball valves for the raw water and for the ballast intakes.