Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Slalom World Record at Malibu Open

JohnDoe

Apparently the slalom world record was broken again this weekend with Jamie Beauchesne running 2 @ 43 off in the semis. Although I haven't seen pics, I would assume that with it being the "Malibu Open" that a Rlxi was towing....that means 2 of the last 3 records were set behind a rlxi. JB is ripping.

Edited by JohnDoe

Congrats to JB, what a feat. Let's hope that inspire's Malibu to keep making great slalom ski boats. I hate to see the Response and RLX go by the wayside as a special order only boat per the New for 08 posts.

Good, now Mastercraft can stop running those ads about their world record back when Parish was then a Malibu skier. Hope this one holds up!

Edited by HOskier313

USA waterski website has the story on JB breaking the world record in the slalom, but no pics. Records fall when Malibu pull!!!

Edited by bu2007vlx

Hopefully this means we don't need to see that MC add anymore in WSM about CP's boat being in his garage when he set the last record.

Mike

Edited by mlange

If my memory serves me right, there is an issue of Waterski Magazine where they interview Jamie Beauchesne and in one of the pictures, you can see that at his dock he has a Tigé (his main sponsor) up on his boatlift and a 1998-2000 Response in the water tied up to his dock... would Jamie be having an affaire with Malibu and cheating on Tigé!!! Shocking.gif

Maybe that explains why he broke the record behaind a Bu?

Can anyone find that issue to confirm?

Jamie has always rocked, from his days growing up in NH to where he is today.

Here's a photo of him skiing on Back Bay in Wolfeboro, NH, at the time I believe he was 16 yrs old.

Peter :)

post-176-1184213768_thumb.jpg

Edited by SmoothWaterMan

Here's a photo of him skiing on Back Bay in Wolfeboro, NH, at the time I believe he was 16 yrs old.

Dontknow.gif What photo?

Dontknow.gif What photo?

You can't see it? Put your glasses back on old man. ;)

At least AWSA rules are that it has to be this years boat or last years boat. So, it can't be old but, it's most definitely not a RLXi.

I kind of perused the Malibu site earlier in the week to see what they had to say about one of their boats getting back the record and I didn't see anything. Maybe this is why.

Is that an old Response pulling him. Forget about MC, how's Malibu going to handle that?

In fact, the RLX isn't even on the 2007 "approved towboat" list and upon review of the "approved towboat history" file from AWSA, the Response was approved up to 2004.

Is that an old Response pulling him. Forget about MC, how's Malibu going to handle that?

Hard to tell what year the boat was, but given that it hasn't changed in several years, it may be older...or an '07. I would think they can handle it pretty well with something like: "Even our old boats break world records"

In fact, the RLX isn't even on the 2007 "approved towboat" list and upon review of the "approved towboat history" file from AWSA, the Response was approved up to 2004.

I don't think that AWSA cert. matters b/c record must be approved by IWSF, not AWSA, right?

True dat! This is not an AWSA record, sorry if I implied that... I dont' know what rules govern IWSF towboats but I do know that the AWSA has slowly been moving in the IWSF direction to make things similar as far rules and such.

I think John Doe is correct in terms of the fact that the boat is unchanged wetted surface area/prop for the last several years so that part makes no difference to how it skis. What I imagine is that they wouldn't let some guys older boat go out and pull the pros- it's gotta be a new boat.

I don't think that AWSA cert. matters b/c record must be approved by IWSF, not AWSA, right?

I think John Doe is correct in terms of the fact that the boat is unchanged wetted surface area/prop for the last several years so that part makes no difference to how it skis. What I imagine is that they wouldn't let some guys older boat go out and pull the pros- it's gotta be a new boat.

I don't know about IWSF either, but I know AWSA certifies each hull configuration with a particular engine. For the Response, that was always the Monsoon... which received a pretty substantial update this year with the addition of the cats. If it was never certified with the Monsoon with cats, the record might not be valid... right?

But does this mean that Jamie gets screwed and the record doesn't hold up???

That would suck!

Happened to Chris Parrish after breaking the record in May 'o5. Later that summer he broke it again (behind a MC) and was invalidated for path deviation. But, then he broke it again.

The ride is a 2006-2007(by the graphics) Response classic closed bow. I don't know if it is the same with skiing, but with barefoot boats, a boat that has been approuved is good for 3 years if no modification is done to the hull or anything that would affect the wake or performance (for example, engine placement). This means that if the Response was approuved in 2004, the 2005 and 2006 models are also approuved. So in theorie, the boat is a 2006. Also, once a boat is approuved, it is approuved for life, meaing that if the 1985 American Skier that was AWSA approuved in 1985, we couls pull a tournament with it tomorrow and the record would hold.

Here is a history list: Link

The Response was approuved with the 5.7L and 6.2L, did not mention 310 carb, monsoon, LS1 or HH.

If I am mistaking, someone please correct me.