Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SIMRAD GO7 Touchscreen Chartplotter

mountaineerhill

On sale currently at West Marine.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/simrad--go7-touchscreen-downscan-fishfinder-chartplotter-with-83-200-455-800khz-transducer-navionics-cartography--16629560

Anyone have any experience with these SIMRAD touchscreen products?

My boat is pre-navigation and with the depth finder also going out I've been looking for viable options. In the past I've always just used my phone to see where I am at. I would have little use for the fish finder.

Edited by mountaineerhill

May check into navionics for your phone. I use it on both my phone and my 10" tablet.

Is there a way to upload points/objects onto your program? I've got 100's of stumps, etc. and I'd like to upate them to a tablet with gps.

May check into navionics for your phone. I use it on both my phone and my 10" tablet.

I have thought about this but my IPad costs more than that plotter and the thought of getting it wet would be no bueno with how much work stuff I do on it. At the same time though you gotta be doing something seriously wrong to get enough water up there to cause issues.

for $50 how would you rate that App. There are a ton of negative reviews for it.

We love it. If you get the upgraded charts it'll do auto plotting on apple devices.

Just get an inexpensive android tablet just for this. Or get a lifeproof case.

I like the idea of it, I may download the free version to try it out. In the end it still doesn't solve my depth finder problem.

For the price of a cheap tablet/ software/ external depth finder I might as well just buy the standalone unit. Hopefully they have a booth at the boat show coming up in March. From the videos I can find online the interface looks very smooth and user friendly.

A family member has a Lowrance Elite in his trophy truck and I am not a fan of the buttons. In the end they are all made by the same parent company, Navico.

Looking at the negative reviews I can see their points.

It is kind of annoying being that we paid the 50 or whatever it was for the app only for them to change it to a free / yearly charge situation. Would have been nice to give discounts or free year or two to the ones who paid for the app initially.

We only use it on lakes that we are not that familiar with. So it is not that often.

I use Navionics on a iPhone and iPad. Our lake is not that big, but if caught out at night (too late at the restaurant), it makes driving home easy. The contours are accurate I have found so far.