Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Axis updates

Same. More reading shows that pw3 is 5% more in lift mode. Which mean 5% more weight!

Can anyone verify if the grab rails in the video are standard? I hope so!

I need to decided on the soft grip around the edges and nose, black or grey. Im thinking grey.

2 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

Deck Trax is a seperate option and only comes in black from the factory. 

Get in on the GatorStep group buy if you want it to match the floor...

• Like 1
7 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

I'm pretty sure the grab handles are standard. Here is the design I came up with and just fell in love with. It's going to be REALLY hard to have self control and not buy this boat.

A22.thumb.jpg.2fa7fe27760cf268c8086a659149a445.jpg

that's essentially what I ordered but with azure interior as main.  really liking the bow.

Did you guys get the track deck option? I got the gator step group buy casue they have the template and are able to do it in grey (cascade template) matches the floor

3 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

Did you guys get the track deck option? I got the gator step group buy casue they have the template and are able to do it in grey (cascade template) matches the floor

Can't imagine doing black in almost all cases except on a black on black look.  I did the group but for my '18 T22pFGiyTTh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So the first 2019 T23 has shown up...call me crazy or does it look like the only changes are in the top half of the boat? It doesn't look like the running surface has changed at all, just the gel lines?

The 2018 A24 redesign as phenomenal and heard some Malibu guys saying they messed up and made the hull too good for an Axis, maybe they decided to not try and outdo the 23LSV this round.

5911651.jpeghttps://www.onlyinboards.com/2019-AXIS-T23-for-sale-Atascadero-California-86387.aspx

17 minutes ago, 80AM said:

The 2018 A24 redesign as phenomenal and heard some Malibu guys saying they messed up and made the hull too good for an Axis, maybe they decided to not try and outdo the 23LSV this round.

It's possible, I could smell what you're stepping in... The only way to know is to thoroughly test it

ahopkins22LSV

A running surface change can be so minor that you would never notice. But the change to the wake/wave could be huge. You will never know by looking at pictures.

And I have never once heard anyone from the factory or malibu say that about the A24. Axis has always had an extremely good wake. 

6 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

A running surface change can be so minor that you would never notice. But the change to the wake/wave could be huge. You will never know by looking at pictures.

And I have never once heard anyone from the factory or malibu say that about the A24. Axis has always had an extremely good wake. 

Not saying it didn't have a good wake before, just that the new A24 is so good, it should have been a Malibu hull.

The new A24 and A22 are noticeably deeper hulls even in pictures, the A22 especially in the bow. There's at much more room for storage, ballast, etc. Would have thought the T23 changes would be more noticeable.

I'm a little disappointed that the gel lines look to be an exact match to the T22. Was hoping to have something a little different on the T23.

I cannot believe these are being ordered without the power wedge. Just seems crazy to me as that has been such an improvement on my T22 this year. Skip the flake and/or SP2 and get the PW IMO.  Apparently, you can get surf pipe w/o PWIII, but not the other way around.

I love the addition of the GatorStep on the step up into the bow.

Looks like w/o PW, you cannot get lighting options since these share the same MUX panel.

If that headunit is a direct replacement for the HU in the '18s, I might be willing to try to swap it out. It looks a little more user friendly and the volume knob would be fantastic.  As much as I would love the MC-1, I'm not sure I can make that happen (cost and my skills with radio installs).

Glad to see T23 got the new glovebox design and 2 piece hull.

2 hours ago, 80AM said:

heard some Malibu guys saying they messed up and made the hull too good for an Axis,

No way. Axis has always boasted about their wake. When Axis first came out, the marketing strategy was that they were giving you the best wakes possible without the all the fluff and luxe features of a Malibu.

Now that surfing is a such a large part of the market share, Axis is very competitive with wake and wave creation, and the testament to Malibu's commitment to this was including PW as an option on the Axis line.

10 minutes ago, Raimie said:

I cannot believe these are being ordered without the power wedge. Just seems crazy to me as that has been such an improvement on my T22 this year. Skip the flake and/or SP2 and get the PW IMO.  Apparently, you can get surf pipe w/o PWIII, but not the other way around.

I'm in your camp.

But... but... but... you can see the flake and hear the music all the time.  PWIII sits under the boat where no one will see/hear it.

ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, 80AM said:

Not saying it didn't have a good wake before, just that the new A24 is so good, it should have been a Malibu hull.

The new A24 and A22 are noticeably deeper hulls even in pictures, the A22 especially in the bow. There's at much more room for storage, ballast, etc. Would have thought the T23 changes would be more noticeable.

I still think it’s impossible to tell in that picture. They could have added 6-8” like they have been on other refresh designs to the models and you’d never know in that picture. That’s a massive boat, but it also was before so a few extra inches in depth is going to be incredibly hard to see in a picture.

18 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

T23 looks just like the new T22. Shouldn't be much of a surprise.

Anybody able to comment on how much better the hull in the redesigned T22 was compared to the old one?

41 minutes ago, 80AM said:

Anybody able to comment on how much better the hull in the redesigned T22 was compared to the old one?

It is different, but I can't tell what changed. It sits on my hoist bunks the same as my '14 did, and looks about the same, but it absolutely performs better. I surf on a river with a 5-7 mph current. On my '14 I had to surf the regular side going against the current in order to have enough push from the wave. Goofy was good either way. On my '18, the wave is substantially better on the regular side when going with the current.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, 80AM said:

24 minutes ago, Raimie said:

It is different, but I can't tell what changed. It sits on my hoist bunks the same as my '14 did, and looks about the same, but it absolutely performs better. I surf on a river with a 5-7 mph current. On my '14 I had to surf the regular side going against the current in order to have enough push from the wave. Goofy was good either way. On my '18, the wave is substantially better on the regular side when going with the current.

This is my point. Looks indentical, maybe it is maybe it’s not. Unless you have a hoist, a first gen T22, a second gen T22 and a 3D laser scanner your aren’t going to know. And if you do have all of that, I sure as hell wouldn’t be posting the results and scans online unless you’d like to be speaking with Malibu’s lawyers shortly after.