JeffC

Spring Detail Time

granddaddy55

I hate the 303 interior scrub and rinse and dry, that literally can take 2 days given the number of cushions to wash including the non movable verticle cushions , I bet that’s what your trying to get pumped up to do unless you did it at storage time!!!

Falko

I was awakened by the soft growl of snow plows. I don't think detailing is in the cards this week.

JeffC, love that color combination.

JeffC
1 hour ago, Falko said:

I was awakened by the soft growl of snow plows. I don't think detailing is in the cards this week.

JeffC, love that color combination.

Thanks, we do too.  IMHO, it looks better on the water tho... (ok, one MORE excuse to get it on the water :woot:)

Sadly, we could see snow on Friday too.  Weekend doesnt look too bad, but I will be moving my oldest daughter to their new home.   Just hoping I can float sometime next week.

@Kblagg  Almost done with the winter/spring checklist... cant wait to get the Gatorstep on.   Should be here any day now...   When it gets here,  I can at least get it mounted, pour a cold beer off the keg, and sit in the boat and make motor noises, thinking about how I am going to get a 360 done on the surfboard this year.    Driveway boating is better than no boating.

ibelonginprison

Ah, spring detail season. I love this part.

jcon44

Mine is in the driveway right now getting ready for some love!. Hope to be done by the weekend so I can put her back on the lift. :)

JeffC
3 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

I hate the 303 interior scrub and rinse and dry, that literally can take 2 days given the number of cushions to wash including the non movable verticle cushions , I bet that’s what your trying to get pumped up to do unless you did it at storage time!!!

Wife and I brought the boat home a few weeks ago, and did the interior over a weekend.  I used the 303 all purpose cleaner, and then the protectant.   A little easier to use, but it STILL takes forever  Every cushion has to move in SOME way to make sure that all the vinyl is cleaned and treated.   I was exhausted and sore when it was done.    This weekend was wash, wax, etc.    And again, I am tired and sore.   Getting old sucks, but it does beat the alternative.

granddaddy55
3 hours ago, JeffC said:

Wife and I brought the boat home a few weeks ago, and did the interior over a weekend.  I used the 303 all purpose cleaner, and then the protectant.   A little easier to use, but it STILL takes forever  Every cushion has to move in SOME way to make sure that all the vinyl is cleaned and treated.   I was exhausted and sore when it was done.    This weekend was wash, wax, etc.    And again, I am tired and sore.   Getting old sucks, but it does beat the alternative.

Oh, forgot the conditioning part!!! probably trying to forget it 

Sixball

Just got most of the ice from this weekend off the drive today. Now I should be able to plow the snow we are getting tonight and tomorrow.  My tug is in good shape but still like to spend a day or two before launching. I put 303 on my interior but it doesn't take much time for me.  My boat gets put away in good shape.  The water in my lake is just now up to summer level. Its controlled by temp. Needs to be 39 deg. before its brought up from winter draw down. So much debris coming down we could not ski even if we had temps above freezing for a day or two. 

Kblagg
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, JeffC said:

Thanks, we do too.  IMHO, it looks better on the water tho... (ok, one MORE excuse to get it on the water :woot:)

Sadly, we could see snow on Friday too.  Weekend doesnt look too bad, but I will be moving my oldest daughter to their new home.   Just hoping I can float sometime next week.

@Kblagg  Almost done with the winter/spring checklist... cant wait to get the Gatorstep on.   Should be here any day now...   When it gets here,  I can at least get it mounted, pour a cold beer off the keg, and sit in the boat and make motor noises, thinking about how I am going to get a 360 done on the surfboard this year.    Driveway boating is better than no boating.

haha...I hear ya.  Well my season hasn't started out that great.  Had the dreaded Service Required alarm come on for one of the O2 sensors and sprung a leak from the impeller cover.  Fun times, NOT!!!!

Gavin17

Not ready to detail yet but getting close. Boat ran fine on the hose today. Batteries were perfect after sitting all winter also. I need to change the impeller and then I think its detail time.  Oh oh oh I need to install FAE too!

Steve B.

It'll be a month before I get out. Boat is clean, just have some fuel delivery issues I have to track down.

Steve B.