Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 Reviews

RCorsa

Been a while since I’ve posted..

My M235 has been awesome. Fairly certain it was one of the first 20 or so made, had some bugs, and some goofy stuff at first.

This beast has been so much fun for my friends and family.

Mine is for sale now. I’m torn between MXZ and another M235...

• Like 2

I don't get the m235...maybe a m255..it's so tall and big it would look way better with an extra 2ft or more..

Planning to upgrade when the 27lsv hits the market.

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I agree, not much on this forum for the M.  Probably means not alot of them have been sold.   I have had my 2017 for a year and LOVE the thing. The boat is a beast. Huge surf wave that doesn't need a whole lot of tweeking to get right.  you DONT need to buy the plug and play fat sacs that it comes plumbed for.  There's almost too much rear weight with this boat as it is.  

Couple of suggestions from someone who's owned one for a year:

I would suggest that you have the dealer break it in before you take possession of it, unless you live next door to the dealer.  This goes for any new boat really.  A lot of the kinks will show themselves in the first 10-20 hours.  

Depending on your the stereo system use and upgrades, try to plug the batteries into the built-in trickle charger after every use. The electronics of this boat don't like batteries that aren't fully charged and the alternator isn't big enough to charge the batteries very well, just big enough to maintain them (I have been told that this is the way most vehicles are today too and not something that is specific to Malibu).  Took me a couple months of fighting small electrical gremlins to figure this one out.  

Thanks for the input. 

The dealer and the dock (run by the dealer) is literally 5 min from my house so all warranty issues will be easily sorted out as they move the boats by themselves to the service bay.   The disadvantage is the battery situation as the dry docks don’t allow for a 24/7 trickle charger.  My old boat had similar issues and I finally changed out the batteries to ultra high capacity batteries. I assume I could do the same amf in tha off season I would trickle charge them and the boat will go indoors at that time of year.  I totally get it with these ultra high performance toys.   I’ve had a number of sports cars (including a 488 Spider now) and they are notoriously problematic if you don’t trickle charge them most days.   I sure hope that the m235 isn’t that bad. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Domed numbers in route in brushed metal with black outline in Malibu front for $130 with $15 off thanks to this site 

My total build price was a touch over 250k which includes every option upgrade I think. Included $7000 in color upgrades and $6000 in trailer upgrades.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RCorsa said:

My total build price was a touch over 250k which includes every option upgrade I think. Included $7000 in color upgrades and $6000 in trailer upgrades.

I’m assuming that was just MSRP? What kind of a discount did they offer?

The domed numbers are really going to look sharp on that boat!

4 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

I’m assuming that was just MSRP? What kind of a discount did they offer?

The domed numbers are really going to look sharp on that boat!

Whoa!  

I know some people don't feel comfortable revealing purchase price, and that is OK. 

But some would consider 25% off MSRP to be a really good deal...which by my math lands at 187.5K.  

I love the boat, and would love to see it pop in the sunlight.  

1 minute ago, TenTwentyOne said:

@TallRedRider ya, that’s what I was figuring. I just didn’t have any idea what the 235 MSRP #s are like. Guess I wanted to verify that he was talking MSRP. (Admittedly being nosey, and just curious how they compare in pricing to my Star.)

What's full msrp on new x star?  Gotta spill the beans...

@Fman - Mine was 206k MSRP, but I didn’t do the 7.4l. It would have been about  212k if I had. Other than that, it’s fully loaded, and about 8k is color options (hull color, 4 flake sections, deck color). I was going to skip doing a power tower and dockstar, but then ended up just checking every box except 7.4 and SS package.

edit- no fancy trailer either. Just a regular TA, and only options were a ramp-n-clamp, spare tire, and transom tie downs.

Edited by TenTwentyOne
  • Like 2