Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV Surf Gate will not deploy.

Hi guys! I'm in need of some help. I have a 2014 23LSV. Today I tried to activate the surf gates and they would not deploy. I've tried to recalibrate and tried in service mode as well and nothing works. It gives me the Message warning "Max Current Draw Extending Right". Apparently that warning means there is an error with the Right RAM. I have tried several things today and got absolutely no movement out of the gates. Any suggestions?

Edited by LSUDocPT
  • 3 weeks later...

Update? 

I had had the same issue and called Malibu. They explained what this meant and how it happened. Thankfully mine had a week of warranty left so they covered all of the repairs. 

Good luck, same thing happened to my neighbor. He still has not found the right recipe to get his repaired cost effectively. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have same problem which is worse if I don't use the presets.  Not sure why.  Once it throws a message, I have to hold around 7mls/hr to get it to retract and reset. 

• 5 months later...
On 10/2/2017 at 10:15 PM, Shillboat said:

I have same problem which is worse if I don't use the presets.  Not sure why.  Once it throws a message, I have to hold around 7mls/hr to get it to retract and reset. 

Dealer informed me that one of my actuators on the surfgate had gone bad.  I replaced boath.  Hoping for better season.