Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Axis A24 first impressions

Fman

ahopkins22LSV
11 minutes ago, wakedncsu said:

It's still a bag.  They have a new "V" style bag for the bow.

Interesting. They say tank in the A24 and T22 walk-through videos. It looks at very least it would be a back under the hard seat bases so the seats probably won't pop up anymore.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:10 AM, vanamp said:

I wish the sliding seat was an option.  I can never see a need for a seat in the middle of my boat.  Maybe if I had a pro riding but other than that, none of us are doing anything cool enough to have a seat dedicated to watching. 

I was just out on a G23 last night with sliding seat.  I thought it was awesome, so easy and comfortable to watch riders behind the boat.  My next boat will definitely have this option.  And you don't have to deploy it if you don't want to.  You can leave it be as a standard bench seat facing the bow.

13 minutes ago, Fman said:

I was just out on a G23 last night with sliding seat.  I thought it was awesome, so easy and comfortable to watch riders behind the boat.  My next boat will definitely have this option.  And you don't have to deploy it if you don't want to.  You can leave it be as a standard bench seat facing the bow.

We teach a lot and are always back and forth.  We try to keep main cabin as clutter free as possible.  We have the sliding seat now but have never moved it.  It would be nice to not check that box and save some cash for us. 

Now if they made it so you could flip it and it had a gator step side to save the vinyl that would be something that would interest me. 

im still 99% sure there are 4 tanks standard (bow , center , left right rear) and 3 bags. 

Im a bit confused on the 2017 slide bench ... is it just a box that slides with no back rest? lol 

ahopkins22LSV
14 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

im still 99% sure there are 4 tanks standard (bow , center , left right rear) and 3 bags. 

Im a bit confused on the 2017 slide bench ... is it just a box that slides with no back rest? lol 

There is no 3rd bag. I know in the previous Axis boats there was the PNP options which is the two rear bags in the lockers. Then the bow bag option. Maybe I am wrong and the bow bag was included in in the PNP option, or I am wrong all together lol. @Anderson24@teamerickson or @shawndoggy should be able to confirm. However in the new A24 and T22 (maybe the rest of the line up too), from the walk-through videos, if there is a bag for the bow ballast is it enclosed under the seats and around the battery area. The only space for an addition bow bag would be on top of the seats. Which doesn't sound like it is needed from @Fman's review of the A24. 

The rear seat is a bench that slides on rails. The back rests are an option and are removable. If selected as an option they store on the underside of the rear hatches. This is all shown in the walk-through videos. You should really watch them lol.

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

I was not asking about the 2018 slide bench seat. 

Ive been in a 2018 A24, and we will have one soon on the lake (Tony Carrolls). 

I was asking about the 2017 Bench Seats

I will check with dealer on the 2018 A24 on tank / bag setup and report back he has one he keeps wanting us to come out and demo 

Just now, ahopkinsTXi said:

Oh, missed that... then yes, the 17's and older just have a bench that slides forward. Honestly have never slid it forward on our friends. Other than to clean or winterize.

Same lol... feels like an easy way for someone to fall backwards lol!

2 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

three tanks three bags bow bag is shaped like a horse shoe on the A24

Correct, the A24 I was on had the 650 up front under seats.  I was impressed with the wake in this configuration.  No need for any bags on bow seat.  You could also easily hide 200 lbs of led if you needed extra weight.  Plus those batteries up front now also add more weight.

The A24 is a beast so much so I have been on the boat builder! Oh no never good for me to be on the boat builder :)

Does anyone know the dry weight of A24 loaded up on a trailer?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

For the trailer maybe, but boats historically run way over dry weight. Dry weight is a base boat, no tower, racks, stereo, fuel, batteries, any addition options.

Agreed. Add another 1500-2000lbs for all those things listed above and your gear including coolers, life jackets, boards, ect. I'm guessing a lake ready A24 is easily over 8000lbs. 

• Like 4
On 8/28/2017 at 7:45 PM, TexasA24 said:

Is the battery compartment only for 2 batteries or can 3 group 27 or 29's fit?

Only 2 battery's and if you want to go bigger than group 24, you may have to move the battery's back to the observer compartment. Not much room in the new compartment. I have detailed pics if you want them. 

On 8/29/2017 at 5:25 AM, ahopkinsTXi said:

For the trailer maybe, but boats historically run way over dry weight. Dry weight is a base boat, no tower, racks, stereo, fuel, batteries, any addition options.

They don't include the tower for dry weight??? That seems kinda lame...who orders a boat without a tower.  I can see batteries, fuel, amps, etc...

I also heard the G4 is considerably heavier than a G3.5.  Anyone know facts about this? Weights of each tower?

Edited by Fman
ahopkins22LSV
40 minutes ago, Fman said:

They don't include the tower for dry weight??? That seems kinda lame...who orders a boat without a tower.  I can see batteries, fuel, amps, etc...

I also heard the G4 is considerably heavier than a G3.5.  Anyone know facts about this? Weights of each tower?

I'm pretty sure they do not includ any options. So PWII, tower, SG also wouldn't be included. Maybe they changed it but I don't think so. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I am now in the market for a "new" to me boat and this one loaded would be pushing my top dollar limit (trying to stay under $75K new or used) .  I realize that I am talking to a biased crowd but I have heard that the A24 has always been the closest wake in terms of size to the G23.  Curious to hear opinions about the wakeboard wake bang for your buck (I could care less about surfing honestly) .  I am coming from an older 23 LSV and rode a super loaded G21 for the first time last month and have the big wake bug again. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Gene3x said:

So I am now in the market for a "new" to me boat and this one loaded would be pushing my top dollar limit (trying to stay under $75K new or used) .  I realize that I am talking to a biased crowd but I have heard that the A24 has always been the closest wake in terms of size to the G23.  Curious to hear opinions about the wakeboard wake bang for your buck (I could care less about surfing honestly) .  I am coming from an older 23 LSV and rode a super loaded G21 for the first time last month and have the big wake bug again. 

Looks like 2016-2017 are right at the $75k price point, trick will be finding one with a motor upgrade so you can run heavy to get that wake you are looking for IMHO

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2016-axis-a24-103101868

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2016-axis-a24-102601074

9356987A-5BD0-47FE-A962-09A90E584C3E-12869-00000D983C1D78A9.gif

Or any of these...

https://www.onlyinboards.com/Used-ski-boats.aspx?MakerName=16&YearFrom=&YearTo=2017&PriceFrom=&PriceTo=&Model=208&ZIP=&Distance=

Edited by Stevo

I have a 2017 A24.   I'm going to sell or trade.    I'm going to order a 18.     It is pretty much loaded out.    450 motor and sound pack 3.  Dekadence flooring.  We love the boat.  Just really want pw2.   130 hrs.  4 years warranty left.  $76,500.   I can send more info if interested.     

So the one big complaint that everyone seems to have is about bow rise.  Is the PW2 going to help eliminate this supposedly?   Red,  I am guessing that the 450 you have in yours is a necessary if you are going to sack it out in full, right? Send me some pictures.....  where are you located?