Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A24

tn_rider

Great looking redesign. I love the rear sliding bench with seatbacks. Larger ballast (video mentions front tank?!?!???) with batteries up front. Love the seadeck on the gunnels instead of the grip tape. Hoping the wave lives up to the rest of the good stuff thus far. 

9 minutes ago, Raimie said:

The gap between Axis and Malibu is closing. I am a little surprised that they are going this way. I realize that everything is an option, but I feel like we are going to start seeing Axis boats pushing 100k....which is 180 degrees from their origins.  

I totally agree here... It really SUCKS. Not to mention the increase in pricing keeps the used market doing the same.  

Agree on the price increase, but if the market supports it, Malibu would be foolish to not follow the market.  I don't think Malibu has excess capacity right now, so the more higher end boats they make, the better.

• Like 1
On 8/4/2017 at 8:08 AM, BadgerBoater55 said:

I totally agree here... It really SUCKS. Not to mention the increase in pricing keeps the used market doing the same.  

Anyone wonder if the price increases continue because the used market follows. If boats depreciated at a faster rate, I don't think banks would be so quick to lend for used boats which would possibly collapse the new boat market by forcing longer ownership periods. 

But the new A24 looks pretty cool. I think PW2 on an axis will be a ....#gamechanger... ;)

Edited by hunter77ah
  • Like 3

Most of these changes are options, you do not have to click the pw2 box or the wakeview bench seat box when ordering. An optioned down axis is still substantially cheaper than a Malibu. But remember, everyone kept complaining about no pw2 on axis or would use it as an excuse to why Malibu will have a better wave, etc. go compare an a24 to 24 mxz and I think you'll still see a big difference in boat and price. 

1 minute ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Aren't we all on our last boat? :blush:

haha for me it's "fer real" this time (I think).  My youngest heads off to college in about 6 weeks.  I'm actually torn over whether to put it up for sale now, or see how frustrated I get trying to put a season together next year.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

haha for me it's "fer real" this time (I think).  My youngest heads off to college in about 6 weeks.  I'm actually torn over whether to put it up for sale now, or see how frustrated I get trying to put a season together next year.

What is the harm in keeping it? Give it a shot at least!

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, ID AX said:

I know I am.  At least that's what she tells me!  :whistle:

That is what she told me too, now SHE is the one who WANTS a NEW Txi... :whistle: (I do too, but I do every year so that doesn't count :))

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Most of these changes are options, you do not have to click the pw2 box or the wakeview bench seat box when ordering. An optioned down axis is still substantially cheaper than a Malibu. But remember, everyone kept complaining about no pw2 on axis or would use it as an excuse to why Malibu will have a better wave, etc. go compare an a24 to 24 mxz and I think you'll still see a big difference in boat and price. 

I have recently priced both the 2018 24MXZ and A24 both pretty well optioned and the difference in price is about $40K. Is the MXZ worth it?

8 hours ago, teamerickson said:

Heyday looks like a porpoise machine!

Ive been watching a ton of videos and a local dealer is going to take me out barefooting on his wt2.  So hopefully I'll have some input.  They are selling pretty good by me.  The wt1 is under 40k. 

I'm at an event right now with a new A24.  It's not in the water so I can't test the wave but If you want any specific info or pics let me know and I'll get them.