Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A24

tn_rider

50 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

You mean "Raptor" doesn't mean its great for buying the costco sized bags of Dino nuggets????  

I would guess 95% of those never leave the pavement!

Not a Raptor, but my 4x4 F150 never leaves the pavement, and I can haul Dino Nuggets for daaaays. My 3 year old daughter loves those things.

Edited by MikeDe
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Curmudgeon opinion warning:

Just for fun, after this post, I went to sidewayz.com (the original wake-movie film studio, Mayday, High Wake Drifters, All of Nothing, 12 Honkeys, etc.) and relived the good ol' days.  You know, crow mobes, OHHs, slim chances, and Big worms behind short pyloned, unballasted, closed bow slalom boats.  No one complained.  No one was measuring anything by their wakes.  People just rode.  The performance of modern boats (of all brands) is such Nancification of the sports.  Why in the world are people pumping these boats with ballast for people who can't do a wake to wake jump?  Even the pro surfers don't run the setups that are discussed on here.  It's absurd.  There's a local 'bu that just plumbed in 1100# bow bag.  Guy says it makes the wave better and can barely ride ropeless.  People can spend their money how they want but I fondly recall the good ol days when people were more impressed with skill than comparing purchased commodities (big waves).  

Carry on with whether bow ballast is needed on a boat that already has 4000#s plumbed.  :cry:

So true!!!  I am guilty of wanting a really killer wave but I am now witnessing kids even making excuses that they can't surf this boat because its not like their boats wave.  My daughter (10) was guilty of this until I explained to her that a real skilled surfer can surf any wave.  Now she just gets behind any boat and kills it with a big smile on her face while others look on with envy.

Supposed to be fun as long as your on the water.................right?

Sure looking forward to riding behind a new A24, extra bow weight or not!!!!!

• Like 2
14 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Just for fun, after this post, I went to sidewayz.com (the original wake-movie film studio, Mayday, High Wake Drifters, All of Nothing, 12 Honkeys, etc.) and relived the good ol' days.  You know, crow mobes, OHHs, slim chances, and Big worms behind short pyloned, unballasted, closed bow slalom boats.  No one complained.  No one was measuring anything by their wakes.  People just rode.  The performance of modern boats (of all brands) is such Nancification of the sports.  Why in the world are people pumping these boats with ballast for people who can't do a wake to wake jump?  Even the pro surfers don't run the setups that are discussed on here.  It's absurd.  There's a local 'bu that just plumbed in 1100# bow bag.  Guy says it makes the wave better and can barely ride ropeless.  People can spend their money how they want but I fondly recall the good ol days when people were more impressed with skill than comparing purchased commodities (big waves).  

Carry on with whether bow ballast is needed on a boat that already has 4000#s plumbed.  :cry:

Amen! 

21 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

any photos of that 1100 # bow bag boats wave? :surprised:

asking for a friend :whistle:

On 8/9/2017 at 8:38 AM, shawndoggy said:

amen.  But he probably has a $5k mountain bike with flat pedals that he pushes up hill, and a set of killer golf clubs that he hacks it up with too.

Lets face it man, these boats are mostly status symbols for out of shape middle aged white guys.  Brand new boat with extra ballast isn't really much different than the mall crawler F150 with the 4" lift, is it?

• Like 2
On 8/6/2017 at 3:20 AM, Cole2001 said:

There’s a heyday that someone is renting out on Craigslist. I honestly just want to go and try it out for the sake of it. 

All fun and games till your friends find out.  

• Like 2
On 8/10/2017 at 5:12 PM, teamerickson said:

I just noticed the Axis surfband also includes tower speaker volume control! Yes!

Shut the front door.... Now thats a game changer!

• Like 2

They need an easy to access to disable the band like child lock windows.  I know you can in the menu but a quick button when it is being used would be nice.  I have had riders pushing wedge and speed when the boat is at the speed wall, and at that point I would want to shutdown band control. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, DatTexasBoy said:

I do not want my surfer controlling my radio volume. Not a good idea IMO....

I will be the only approved surfband user on my boat...ONLY....

• Like 3
6 hours ago, jcon44 said:

Considering I almost never get to hear music when I surf I think this would be awesome. My wife finds it too distracting and turns the stereo off when she's pulling me. She still hasn't figured out how to turn up the tower knob, i basically got it set up for her. At least that what she says, I think she just hates for me to have too much enjoyment. :( I need a new boat!

I am totally in the same boat!

( but I never complain! (EVER!) at least she is driving :yahoo:

I had an opportunity to climb around a new A24 today.   This was a very impressive and very large boat that has a ton of storage.  For the surfers on here, this boat will definitely be able to store your custom surf boards inside the boat in one of the very deep storage compartments.  I am an avid surfer and the thing I always wanted with a boat, is a place to store my board inside to keep out of the Arizona heat and sun.  I loved this feature on the G series from Nautique, and now we will be able to have this storage with spending only a fraction of the new G.  I am hopeful that I can get out and test this wave.  If it performs as good as it looks, I believe this boat will be the next boat I purchase.    

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Willis717 said:

I had an opportunity to climb around a new A24 today.   This was a very impressive and very large boat that has a ton of storage.  For the surfers on here, this boat will definitely be able to store your custom surf boards inside the boat in one of the very deep storage compartments.  I am an avid surfer and the thing I always wanted with a boat, is a place to store my board inside to keep out of the Arizona heat and sun.  I loved this feature on the G series from Nautique, and now we will be able to have this storage with spending only a fraction of the new G.  I am hopeful that I can get out and test this wave.  If it performs as good as it looks, I believe this boat will be the next boat I purchase.    

And if it's the boat I think you are talking about...it's already your colors! That is a beautiful boat!

11 hours ago, Anderson24 said:

And if it's the boat I think you are talking about...it's already your colors! That is a beautiful boat!

I am pretty sure it is the same one haha.  Ryan had sent me pictures the day they received it and after seeing it in person, the red metal flake looks incredible in the sun.  We really liked the 2018 T23 color combo of the vapor blue and gun metal flake that they have for sale and may opt to custom order one with a similar color scheme.  

We also saw a new 21VLX that had the cherry wine color with white accent and the wifey really loved that color combo as well.   

We loved all 340 hours of problem free usage on our T22.  So we will also be looking at this model and see how it looks with the new updates.  I do love the traditional bow styling a lot, although the big spacious bows are growing on me...   

• Like 1