Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pulled Trigger on Wetsounds, Need AMP advice

SnubNose

So if I upgrade the amp for the tower speakers to a syn4 or a JL 750/1 then do I need to replace the wiring as well? Can my stock wiring power the rev 10 to their full potential with the proper amp?

Same question goes for the sub... Do i need to swap the wiring to the sub if I upgrade the amp to operate it at its potential?

Stock wiring is fine for the JL 750/1. 4gauge.

Also.... with the JL Hd amps.... they stack so they can save space if you were to go with more than one.... what sub are you going with? The JL 750/1 and 1100/1 900/5 amps outperform any comparable rated sub amp too.  They are that good, all the same size so they can be stacked.

Just now, nyryan2001 said:

Stock wiring is fine for the JL 750/1. 4gauge.

Also.... with the JL Hd amps.... they stack so they can save space if you were to go with more than one.... what sub are you going with? The JL 750/1 and 1100/1 900/5 amps outperform any comparable rated sub amp too.  They are that good, all the same size so they can be stacked.

Well if the stock wiring is fine why the hell do I even need a installer? The rev 10 will take minimal mechanical skills to install I just didn't want to re run wire, I have never been good at that. I would just simply plug the pre existing wires into the amp and program the setting. 

Here is the sub: https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/REVO12HPSW

What the hell is the difference between the Wetsounds XS - 12 https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/XS-12 and the REVO12HPSW (linked above)

Ryan I also think I am going to run the JL deck instead of the WS420BT and just replace the rockford fosgate headunit and black box.. Thoughts?

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13699920/JL-Audio-MM100s-BE.html

I never told you to pay for install.

Consider the JL Hd 900/5. It Will run your inboats and put a very quality 500w to your sub. Stack it with a 750/1 for the Rev10s for a very clean compact install.

Revs, inboats and sub all powered on primo JL in a stacked 12"x12" footprint.

these JL HDs are akin to what Fosgate Punch was in the early 1990s.  Very high Sq amp and performs as though it's 30-50% more power than labeled.  And it does that 11-14v.... not taking a 30-40% power dump when you cut the engine off.

Snub,

I cant say whether you need ro dont need to pay for an installer, but I do suggest you involve the retailer/installer in your build. 

As to the cable and as discussed. Your boat has a 2ga trunk line about 15ft total and 6 ga branch line averaging about 5 ft total. Without knowing the total amp plan, its hard to say whether the 2ga is sufficient to supply all the amps. Hard to also say if the OEM 6 ga is ample to supply amps not yet chosen. 6 ga is likely sufficient given the short run, but likely at the bottom of the comfort zone for either the Syn-DX4 or MDH750/1. 

Best advice, decide on the entire plane, including future equipment if this is going to be done in a couple stages. Then you can make a decision on the cabling, etc. This is where the retailer/installer comes into play. The shop thats going to benefit from your purchase, should have some skin in the game.     

1 hour ago, nyryan2001 said:

I never told you to pay for install.

Consider the JL Hd 900/5. It Will run your inboats and put a very quality 500w to your sub. Stack it with a 750/1 for the Rev10s for a very clean compact install.

Revs, inboats and sub all powered on primo JL in a stacked 12"x12" footprint.

these JL HDs are akin to what Fosgate Punch was in the early 1990s.  Very high Sq amp and performs as though it's 30-50% more power than labeled.  And it does that 11-14v.... not taking a 30-40% power dump when you cut the engine off.

What about the deck I linked and my question comparing the subs ? Any thoughts on those. 

I can't comment on the deck... I've never used it.  I have used the JL amps noted above, I have a HD750/1 pushing my Revs and 900/5 pushing my inboats.

MLA's remarks about getting help on your first install are dead on.  I think I've done 7-8 builds, first 3-4 did not cut it. Marine stereo isn't easy... it requires lots of experience and understanding.  If you plan on keeping this boat long term, get help, it will save you time, money and satisfaction in the long run.  Go slower to go fast and get it right first time long term even paying their $75-$125/hr labor rates.  Also, you can have them lay in the infrastructure now for very very easy true DIY future upgrades.

So thanks to MLA I was able to decide on the proper setup for the time being. 

I am going to run a SYN DX6 to power the REVO 12 sub and the 1 pair of Rev 10. That will deliver 600 watts to the sub and 400 watts to each rev 10. I am going to leave the factory 4 channel fosgate for the inboards for the time being. 

After this season I plan on purchasing SYN DX4 to power my rev 10's and then use the SYN DX6 to power my sub and inboards.