Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 first day on the water

spikew919

Lots of guys putting 40-50hrs a year on their boats talking about fill and drain times.

im on year 5 nearly 700hrs with a 4-5000lb Ballast setup on 3 reversible Jabscos.  Surfing is full/drain ~4000lbs+ every time. 

It's 15mins+ to fill.  I fill enroute to our spot.  And finish while heading home. But still there are wait periods.  I can get maybe 2 seasons and I need new impellors ($25x3) as much as I use mine.

I wish it was faster.  Perhaps double pumps per each of the 5x ~1000lb bags.

Ramfill is faster but absolutely has issues.  Gates sticking and failing, fairly common.

Edited by nyryan2001

I have tried to keep this topic VERY Malibu centric for the reason it is a Malibu site.  I made one reference to 85 as a response to HIS STATEMENT, followed by an immediate return to the topic, in the same post   

I also suggested things that have been done and lauded by other members.   Such as using dedicated reversibles for his PNP.  A certain prominent member did that to his 2014 or 2015 23LSV.  It seemed like a great idea then,  and is still a great idea now.  

I also made references to solutions I did in my 2015 MALIBU, to solve this exact problem.   I also realize Malibu is using some fantastic pumps in the M235 for center tanks,  is it ludicrous to suggest these same pumps be used in other boats and other locations, to get fill/ drain times down.    

I am sorry these suggestions are offensive to some, or that they read more into them than intended.   To those I offended my appologies....

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, nyryan2001 said:

Lots of guys putting 40-50hrs a year on their boats talking about fill and drain times.

im on year 5 nearly 700hrs with a 4-5000lb Ballast setup on 3 reversible Jabscos.  Surfing is full/drain ~4000lbs+ every time. 

It's 15mins+ to fill.  I fill enroute to our spot.  And finish while heading home. But still there are wait periods.  I can get maybe 2 seasons and I need new impellors ($25x3) as much as I use mine.

I wish it was faster.  Perhaps double pumps per each of the 5x ~1000lb bags.

Ramfill is faster but absolutely has issues.  Gates sticking and failing, fairly common.

Thanks for that useless post. You the man with 700 hours on your boat! Do we have a brownie badge for Nryan?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

I can't compare, but I can definitely read other people's comments about it and comepare it to my own. 

Just reading all these comments like, bags don't drain completely, no vent lines, etc. 

That is completely true. Why fix something if it still works. I just feel like it's a little behind compared to its competition. 

I was hesitant about ordering the PnP on my 17 lsv.  My prior boats I installed Johnson reversible pumps for the bags.  The PnP seems to work quite well and when people are saying bags don't drain completely we are talking about a couple gallons of water which eventually gravity drain into the hard tanks.

Malibu has improved the PnP from prior years, larger hose diameters, dual fill and drain lines, better fitting placements.  I guess everyone has different expectations of what is acceptable.  I don't see it being a problem for us.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, wheelman said:

For the record it was not a centurion guy that derailed this thread and turned it into a manufacture against other manufacturers. 85 just had to throw his comment in there about enjoying your ramfill when ramfill or centurion had not even been brought up yet. So blame one of your own. It was only talking about times to fill and drain and giving the poster suggestions or options to add extra ballast at faster times than the factory pnp. 

Pfft...yeah ok man

I threw in the "enjoy your Ramfill" because if you're going to publicly gripe about "unacceptable" fill times on a boat you don't even own, on that brand's forum, it's actually a quite logical response given your public pronouncements and reasoning for your decision to change.  I actually mean it seriously since you're standing by your position that Malibu factory fill time is "unacceptable", so I'll say it again, enjoy Ramfill.  

5 hours ago, DarkSide said:

I guess I am a crazy for wanting to spend my time behind the boat vs. Waiting on pumps... guess what else, I can strike up a conversation or get tips, while a person is riding, it's awesome!  You can do both at the same time, you don't have to have one or the other.  It's all about a life without limits!  

Anyone else catch this?  Throwing in a Malibu quote there ;).  I have been on this site for just under a year and really appreciate all the help @DarkSide has provided, even after he has gone to the darkside.  Not only himself but many other members that I constantly see show up.  However, I am too new to know who people are and who the "potstirrers" are.

Everything aside, I still love and fully support Malibu.  Do I wish their drain and fill times were shorter?  Yes, why not save time?  But guess what.  I solved that problem by installing separate, reversible pumps for the fat sacs and added a vent line.  Solved all those issues.  Just wanted to throw that out there since I still fully believe in Malibu and believe they are the best.  I think some people took my comment negatively/bashing Malibu just because I wanted faster fill/drain times...

• Like 3
1 minute ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Pfft...yeah ok man

I threw in the "enjoy your Ramfill" because if you're going to publicly gripe about "unacceptable" fill times on a boat you don't even own, on that brand's forum, it's actually a quite logical response given your public pronouncements and reasoning for your decision to change.  I actually mean it seriously since you're standing by your position that Malibu factory fill time is "unacceptable", so I'll say it again, enjoy Ramfill.  

I have owned 3 malibus and almost every other manufacturer of tow boats. I have also logged more seat time driving and setting up every manufacturer than most. My experience and first hand knowledge I think allows me to comment on any boat. I do not think I've ever pronounced what my decision was to change manufactures on this site was, if I have please quote me on it. While you're looking for my quotes you will also find that I've quoted I think Malibu is the best all around boat on the market. Every boat has room for advancements, that what keeps the industry going and I don't think you will find many Malibu owners that don't agree the plug n play could be better. 

13 minutes ago, Bawshogg said:

I can't figure out if I'm a "salesman" , a "pot stirrer" or a "troll" 

Anyone?..... Anyone???

Thought it was established that you're a DB! Dammit man pay attention!  

Repeat after me,  IM A DOUCHE BAG, your a DOUCHE BAG, we are all DOUCHE BAGS. ???

Just now, wheelman said:

I have owned 3 malibus and almost every other manufacturer of tow boats. I have also logged more seat time driving and setting up every manufacturer than most. My experience and first hand knowledge I think allows me to comment on any boat. I do not think I've ever pronounced what my decision was to change manufactures on this site was, if I have please quote me on it. While you're looking for my quotes you will also find that I've quoted I think Malibu is the best all around boat on the market. Every boat has room for advancements, that what keeps the industry going and I don't think you will find many Malibu owners that don't agree the plug n play could be better. 

From fill times, to build quality, to materials in bilge, to surf wakes, to your smoking deal on your Ri, is that sufficient? That's just off the top of my head.  

In this thread you pinned Ramfill coming up on me, and I just retorted, honestly, regarding your decision to forego your "unacceptable" plug and play. So who really brought it up?   Me?  Or you?   

Enjoy your Ramfill.  Seriously.  I hope you enjoy it.