Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 first day on the water

spikew919

4 hours ago, Dan Lee said:

Here's a pic from your perspective that day John!  Neil saw you with both foot on the back of the board digging on the brakes & kept taking it up, it ended up in lift mode 

IMG_3265.PNG

That is a very nice shot.  One other cool thing in this shot, is the board storage up top has a wakeboard in it.  Most boats the top is a sleeve so a wakeboard would not fit.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dan Lee said:

Here's a pic from your perspective that day John!  Neil saw you with both foot on the back of the board digging on the brakes & kept taking it up, it ended up in lift mode 

IMG_3265.PNG

So is that pnp as well or stock? cause that is a very nice regular side wave 

6 hours ago, Dan Lee said:

IMG_3265.PNG

Holy cow, that is nice.    If my new 22 VLX throws ANYTHING like that without PNP, I wont be needing PNP for at least a month after I get the boat :yahoo:

In all seriousness, since I have never surfed before, that looks to be a pretty nice wave to learn on.  Wonder how long it will take before I cant live without some PNP bags?  Bet not long.  No matter what, pictures like this just turn me into little kid waiting for Christmas morning - only I dont know exactly what day Christmas comes for sure. 

On 4/21/2017 at 9:03 PM, t a said:

This has been the warmest season in Dallas/Ft worth in a long time.  Water on my lake never got below 60.

Had two weeks that were to cold for me ;) 

On 4/21/2017 at 11:02 PM, Stevo said:

And I think there is a "w" in Yawl. 

I think they spell phonetically down there.

but I'm pretty sure they don't know how to spell phonetical 

y'all... lol.. it is in the dictionary :P

10 minutes ago, Anderson24 said:

This was factory ballast, plus 550's in rear I believe. 

You will want pnp bags immediately with a 22vlx. Unfortunately the m235 is in a league of it's own (within Malibu line) in regards to factory ballast. 

Good point... Even the hard tanks in the M235 are significantly bigger than the 22 VLX I believe.  Guess I will come back to earth now... :biggrin:

• Like 2
4 hours ago, JeffC said:

Good point... Even the hard tanks in the M235 are significantly bigger than the 22 VLX I believe.  Guess I will come back to earth now... :biggrin:

Probably too late to negotiate for PNP in your VLX?  Maybe just ask your dealer how much they can do it for.  If they won't do it for free ask if they will do it at their cost.  If that is too much call wakemakers and have them sent you the equipment.  It's not hard to install.  I would say you will want it immediatly.  Although with all the extra weight in the back you will need to work on adding some in the bow.  Do you have the bow tank?   

5 minutes ago, Lees23 said:

Probably too late to negotiate for PNP in your VLX?  Maybe just ask your dealer how much they can do it for.  If they won't do it for free ask if they will do it at their cost.  If that is too much call wakemakers and have them sent you the equipment.  It's not hard to install.  I would say you will want it immediatly.  Although with all the extra weight in the back you will need to work on adding some in the bow.  Do you have the bow tank?   

Yeah, the deal is done.  I did order the bow tank, so Im thinking I can just add rear bags.   I did take the PNP option, just not the bags themselves.  I was kind of hoping that I could  buy some time until I dropped the cash for the extra bags - just a cash flow issue after writing the monster check for the boat.   At least this season, I think I am only supporting skiing, and surfing, dont expect much wakeboarding, and certainly nothing agressive.   I have looked at Wakemakers stuff, and expect that is what I will do. 

Of the decisions I made configuring the boat, this is one I figured had the chance to frustrate me short term... it would have been nice to have a great wave straight away like the M235, but I am sure that it wont take me long to get it dialed in once I get the extra bags.

Just now, JeffC said:

Yeah, the deal is done.  I did order the bow tank, so Im thinking I can just add rear bags.   I did take the PNP option, just not the bags themselves.  I was kind of hoping that I could  buy some time until I dropped the cash for the extra bags - just a cash flow issue after writing the monster check for the boat.   At least this season, I think I am only supporting skiing, and surfing, dont expect much wakeboarding, and certainly nothing agressive.   I have looked at Wakemakers stuff, and expect that is what I will do. 

Of the decisions I made configuring the boat, this is one I figured had the chance to frustrate me short term... it would have been nice to have a great wave straight away like the M235, but I am sure that it wont take me long to get it dialed in once I get the extra bags.

I certainly understand the "have to draw the line somewhere" concept.  Wakemakers actually makes custom bags meant for your rear lockers so make sure that you don't just buy universal bags.  Might just have to run the wedge a little more aggressive to get the push you need but you will get it figured out.  I have also been told that even with a bow tank you will need more bow weight.  I think I am going to get $300-500 worth of bagged pennies to place in the bow.  When I am done with needing the weight, I still have all my money!! Crazy, but smart concept that I can't take credit for.  My biggest issue is finding all the pennies. @BLSousa came up with this idea. 

Have they started your boat yet?

sorry to de-rail.. the 235's in here make me very jelly!!!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lees23 said:

I certainly understand the "have to draw the line somewhere" concept.  Wakemakers actually makes custom bags meant for your rear lockers so make sure that you don't just buy universal bags.  Might just have to run the wedge a little more aggressive to get the push you need but you will get it figured out.  I have also been told that even with a bow tank you will need more bow weight.  I think I am going to get $300-500 worth of bagged pennies to place in the bow.  When I am done with needing the weight, I still have all my money!! Crazy, but smart concept that I can't take credit for.  My biggest issue is finding all the pennies. @BLSousa came up with this idea. 

Have they started your boat yet?

sorry to de-rail.. the 235's in here make me very jelly!!!

Probably best if we take this out of this thread, but yes they started it :yahoo:    Came back from the UK on Friday, and found a couple pictures in my email, made me smile all weekend.

Posted them here: 

ahopkins22LSV

Even though your boat deal is done, it would still be worth the question to the dealer about them throwing in PNP bags. Most dealers stock a ton of them as 99% of boats get them so it would take about 5 minutes to put them in. @JeffC

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
21 minutes ago, Fman said:

@ahopkinsTXi what bags are dealers installing?  Are they also using a 750 LBish bag similar from wakemakers?

550 or 750's depending on the boat. Fly high bags I believe. I think the new 22MXZ might only take 450's as well.

The new TXi PNP option is 0lbs btw. :tease2: 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, DarkSide said:

If you have to add stuff anyway,  consider adding dedicated reversible pumps for PNP.  This is a bit more expensive,  but will cut fill and drain times in half or more.   

We just add our dealer do this for us over the winter.  They added separate pumps, switches and also added the vent line so we don't have to burp them anymore.  I am very excited to see the fill and drain times.  Once we get the boat I will post.  I'm an idiot though and did not time it before we put it in for the winter.

Our 2015 22VLX has Fly High 750's (I think).  If you do go with the wakemakers custom just know you'll need to add bow weight/bag or don't fill them all the way.

My MXZ was ridiculous.  I added secondary fill pumps,  so fill was under 5 min,  but drain was 15 min, really painfully slow.   At the price point new wake boats are, 5 min should be maximum for fill and drain.   

5 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

My MXZ was ridiculous.  I added secondary fill pumps,  so fill was under 5 min,  but drain was 15 min, really painfully slow.   At the price point new wake boats are, 5 min should be maximum for fill and drain.   

This makes no sense.  Were your PNP bags filling from the hard tank overflow ?

Just now, wheelman said:

I can't believe Malibu is still using aerator pumps. 

...and why is that?  They're more durable, run dry and require no maintenance.  I'm not saying in some situations an impeller can't do the job, but there's nothing to get incredulous about by using aerators.

• Like 2
Just now, 85 Barefoot said:

...and why is that?  They're more durable, run dry and require no maintenance.  I'm not saying in some situations an impeller can't do the job, but there's nothing to get incredulous about by using aerators.

Maybe for the factory hard tank ballast they are ok but for the plug and play the fill and drain times are unacceptable. They will also not get all the water out of the bags on the plug and play. Not completely do they require no maintance. I have had them plug up a few times and have to take the cartridge out to clean the debris or the pump had failed.  Run dry is not a problem on most factory offered impeller pumps as they are on adjustable timers. Would just think on their flagship m235 they could offer an impeller pump for the plug and play. Maybe this is because Malibu does not include the bags as a factory option to keep the weight capacity up for people and gear. 

4 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

and the M center tank fill is a rule 3800 pump.. no reversible pump even comes close to that in speed. The drain is a 1200

http://store.waterpumpsupply.com/runo12vodcbi7.html