Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterizing stickers

4 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

thanks... can a normal human install this? and whats the process since you can not even get your hand down there? 

Larry can respond, but my take is it would be pretty difficult.  My dealer did it, so obviously it can be done though.    Now that we know where the drain is, one may have better luck reaching from the front of the boat to the drain to screw in the parts vs from the starboard locker.   

It would be easier if that other cable in the photo was removed.  I can't recall what that line was and if it would be easy to disconnect and move to free up some space.  

On 11/4/2017 at 2:47 PM, hethj7 said:

@The Hulk  tough to get a photo, but this is what I could get.  

The engine mount is shown on the left of the photo for reference and you can just see the 3 of 5 sticker on the right.   This was taken with side panel removed and laying in the starboard side rear locker.   My dealer added the drain whip off the bottom right under that sticker.   Honestly, I can’t even slide my hand under there to get the whip out it is so tight so I have no clue how you would drain it without the whip.  Luckily I found the other end of the whip up in the tranny compartment, but I know that doesn’t help most 2016 owners that don’t have a whip.  Good luck!

B36160DA-2871-4334-AB0B-E5FA390C06F2.jpeg

OMG impossible to find. Vent hose and other two hoses in way could not even move them to see..  I do think if I saw out part of useless floor I could reach down there possibly

20171106_161331.jpg

Edited by The Hulk
21 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Now that we know where the drain is, one may have better luck reaching from the front of the boat to the drain to screw in the parts vs from the starboard locker.   

Not unless you have arms twice as long as a normal human. I could barely reach the whip from the front.

8 hours ago, gobble said:

Not unless you have arms twice as long as a normal human. I could barely reach the whip from the front.

Remove side panel and floor 5-10 mins then u can reach..but guess what.. no blue twist knob... Bolt! 

Is this what you're referring to when you say whip?  It goes under the engine, but I couldn't see where to.  I'm assuming its the #3, it goes in that general direction.  I'll get my snake camera out tomorrow to see where it goes.  I was able to find stickers 3-5.  Where are 1 & 2?  

y4mYaTwwPLyYmTGNiHRpCd-t4bSrqpBDIarFMVVQ

6 hours ago, Kblagg said:

Is this what you're referring to when you say whip?  It goes under the engine, but I couldn't see where to.  I'm assuming its the #3, it goes in that general direction.  I'll get my snake camera out tomorrow to see where it goes.  I was able to find stickers 3-5.  Where are 1 & 2?  

The one clipped to the bracket in that photo is the oil drain hose.  

If you read back through my posts in this thread I describe the five locations.  I think #1 is the impeller housing.  I can’t recall which is labeled #2 but my earlier descriptions once you find them are for five total locations.  

8 hours ago, Kblagg said:

Watch the video link above and you'll see where the number three is

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Watch the video link above and you'll see where the number three is

I can see #3, just wasn't sure if there was a whip attached to mine or not.  Found 1 & 2.  Wasn't looking in the right place.

Edited by Kblagg
update

FYI unless your small person I'd suggest paying someone to do this job.. I'm about 2hrs in and probably have another hour.. simply impossible contortionist operation.. the only way to get it some is to disconnect hose clamps for the metal tube thing and large rubber water hoses.. unfortunately I was only able to remove one side of large Water hoses. The back side seems stuck for life and could not get a good angle to pulled off so I was able to twist it around and just enough to finally get a wrench to get the bolt off and the hose Barb in.. granted each wrench turn was limiited to about 1/50th of a turn.. took forever..next step is adding hose and praying I can get hose clamp on! If a dealership would have said $200_250 I would have been wise ha.. I'm sure if u read this u could do faster.. I tried forever to get under there without taking the black metal tube thing off and as said impossible.. 

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

FYI unless your small person I'd suggest paying someone to do this job.. I'm about 2hrs in and probably have another hour.. simply impossible contortionist operation.. the only way to get it some is to disconnect hose clamps for the metal tube thing and large rubber water hoses.. unfortunately I was only able to remove one side of large Water hoses. The back side seems stuck for life and could not get a good angle to pulled off so I was able to twist it around and just enough to finally get a wrench to get the bolt off and the hose Barb in.. granted each wrench turn was limiited to about 1/50th of a turn.. took forever..next step is adding hose and praying I can get hose clamp on! If a dealership would have said $200_250 I would have been wise ha.. I'm sure if u read this u could do faster.. I tried forever to get under there without taking the black metal tube thing off and as said impossible.. 

Sorry for your trouble.  Initially I was shocked what my dealer ended up charging, but I now feel better about it :)

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:42 AM, The Hulk said:

Other than having the dealer do it, any "pro tips" based on your experience?

1 hour ago, Kblagg said:

Other than having the dealer do it, any "pro tips" based on your experience?

Haven't finished.

1. Remove side wall

2. Remove side wall panel track

3 remove floor boards

4. Pray

5. Remove two hoses clamps holding the metal cylinder to engine

6 remove water hose clamps from each side of cylinder

7. U may want to remove the other two water hose inputs if u can. 

8 then u should be able to twist and turn it around to install

9. Good luck hopefully u can rotate and get good angle on the bolt. It's one of those darn bolts with rounded points that's sockets slip off If not on a perfect angle.. 

Good luck I could not remove the back side water hose would have made life easy.. it's melted on and I couldn't pull them apart with any real force due to no good angle or leverage with arm position.. would have made it a 1-2 hr job max instead of 3.. 

I'll probably add a few feet whip to run it up to tranny access area. I don't see how u could drain it without putting it to a lower level than where it comes out and if u do that then u will loose the whip and have to remove floor again to reach down and pull it back up..

Edited by The Hulk
1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Haven't finished.

1. Remove side wall

2. Remove side wall panel track

3 remove floor boards

4. Pray

5. Remove two hoses clamps holding the metal cylinder to engine

6 remove water hose clamps from each side of cylinder

7. U may want to remove the other two water hose inputs if u can. 

8 then u should be able to twist and turn it around to install

9. Good luck hopefully u can rotate and get good angle on the bolt. It's one of those darn bolts with rounded points that's sockets slip off If not on a perfect angle.. 

Good luck I could not remove the back side water hose would have made life easy.. it's melted on and I couldn't pull them apart with any real force due to no good angle or leverage with arm position.. would have made it a 1-2 hr job max instead of 3.. 

I'll probably add a few feet whip to run it up to tranny access area. I don't see how u could drain it without putting it to a lower level than where it comes out and if u do that then u will loose the whip and have to remove floor again to reach down and pull it back up..

I threaded my drain whip nipple into the old #3 drain plug without removing the whole thing from the motor.  I did remove the floor and divider track.  I did have to do it all by feel and trial and error since it is slanted and I could not see and do the work.  It took a lot of trial and error to not cross thread it.  

Same with attaching the hose to the nipple and putting the hose clamps on.  Not fun.  I ran mine to the tranny area and located it near the other blue plug there.  I wrapped the end of the hose in blue electrical tape and wrote #3 of #5 on the blue tape so if anyone else or the future owner has some clue what it’s for.

Good luck.  You will be glad you never have to get under there again!  I know I was.

4 minutes ago, store934 said:

I threaded my drain whip nipple into the old #3 drain plug without removing the whole thing from the motor.  I did remove the floor and divider track.  I did have to do it all by feel and trial and error since it is slanted and I could not see and do the work.  It took a lot of trial and error to not cross thread it.  

Same with attaching the hose to the nipple and putting the hose clamps on.  Not fun.  I ran mine to the tranny area and located it near the other blue plug there.  I wrapped the end of the hose in blue electrical tape and wrote #3 of #5 on the blue tape so if anyone else or the future owner has some clue what it’s for.

Good luck.  You will be glad you never have to get under there again!  I know I was.

Did you get the "official" indmar kit or did you make your own?  If the Indmar kit, how much was it?

5 minutes ago, Kblagg said:

Did you get the "official" indmar kit or did you make your own?  If the Indmar kit, how much was it?

From what I gathered the official kit is near identical to what I made apart from swap of male/female combo on valve side.. I couldn't find a hose Barb with female so I went male and then a female adapter.. also I think thier kit valve has the female part so basically comes out same. If u zoom in u should be able to see parts item numbers from Menards.. main thing is finding one of those valves .. lucky the ol Man working said get it from air tool isle.. no small valves like that in plumbing.. 

27 minutes ago, Kblagg said:

Made my own.  Any good hardware store will have the parts you need you just won’t have the blue plug to match the other drain plugs. Mine was almost identical to @The Hulk but I reused the plug I took out rather than the petcock value he used.  I like his idea better.  I got everything at Ace Hardware.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:14 AM, Engine Nut said:

The Indmar parts that you need are as follows:

605921   1/8 NPT (Male Thread) x 5/16 Hose Barb Straight Brass

605926   1/8 NPT (Female Thread) x 5/16 Hose Barb Straight Brass

605019 Fitting Adapter 1/8 NPT (Male Thread) x 1/2-13 (for wing nut drain plug)

605176 Plug Winged 1/2 W/O-Ring

You will also need a couple of small hose clamps and a piece of 5/16" ID hose. Our standard length for the drain whip is 12 inches but you can make it any length that is convenient.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:26 AM, Hentz said:

Where can these parts be purchased @Engine Nut

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:52 AM, Engine Nut said:

We have created a kit with all of the required parts. The P/N for the kit is 495950. Any authorized dealer can order for you or you can call inboardonline at 877-327-7175 and they can get it for you. 

Just got off the phone with Inboard Online.  It was $17.55 for the parts based on the part number you provided.  I went ahead and ordered it.

Edited by Kblagg
update