scotchipman

All new 2017 Response

542 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Been quiet here for a while. Any new experiences with this boat to share?

Edited by Dacon62

I skied two sets behind it about two weeks ago. These were my first sets with a new binding setup, but the boat felt great. Was only skiing 34mph -22 and the bump is very soft. Boat tracks on rails too. And the base engine has tons of power. Felt like I was skiing behind my friends '11 RLXi with the LS3 in it. Not a bad thing, just very strong.

1 person likes this

Over on BOS a poster noted that a 17 TXI self started on the boat lift (and out of the water) & that was followed up with a note that dealers are recommending that the boat be left in gear when not in use.  So, if you have one and actually perhaps any model that carries the same powertrain setup, you may want to call your dealer to confirm.  No comments on more detail (powertrain specifics) so assuming more info should follow, other than it has a push button start.  Just thought I would pass along so people can take appropriate action if needed.

13 minutes ago, Woodski said:

Over on BOS a poster noted that a 17 TXI self started on the boat lift (and out of the water) & that was followed up with a note that dealers are recommending that the boat be left in gear when not in use.  So, if you have one and actually perhaps any model that carries the same powertrain setup, you may want to call your dealer to confirm.  No comments on more detail (powertrain specifics) so assuming more info should follow, other than it has a push button start.  Just thought I would pass along so people can take appropriate action if needed.

thats not cool.....

5 hours ago, Woodski said:

I saw that too. The new response uses the same start/stop button as every 2015+ wakesetter. I can't imagine it is that since this place would melt down if that were the case. Seems to me it's something else. 

6 hours ago, Woodski said:

Funny that the advice is to leave in gear rather than just turning off the battery switch.

Is it like a phone screen where if a drop of water gets on it, it freaks out and thinks someone is pressing it?  Haven't ever used one of these fancy push button start thingies.  I prefer a key.

Just now, UWSkier said:

Is it like a phone screen where if a drop of water gets on it, it freaks out and thinks someone is pressing it?  Haven't ever used one of these fancy push button start thingies.  I prefer a key.

No, the 2015+ Wakesetters and 17+ MO TXi is an actual button. Much like the main power button on my TXi.

My screen seems to work just fine with wet hands though. I have never had the whole thing covered in water though. 

Just now, onamission said:

I have about 45 set skiing and driving the TXI.  No issues with the wake at any speed or line length.  The boat has a number of issues the Malibu need to address.  It took a lot a experimenting with the rudder and weight placement right  so the boat wasn't so squirrely  getting up to speed, especially below 34.  It could use some sound deadening between the hull and inner panel , one of the loudest I've been in.  We did add some SeaDeck of the side and back which help a little.  The rear storage compartments door are always catching rope.    

20170713_182328_zps9cwa82lo.jpg

Trolled by Photobucket.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have about 45 set skiing and driving the TXI.  No issues with the wake at any speed or line length.  The boat has a number of issues the Malibu need to address.  It took a lot a experimenting with the rudder and weight placement right  so the boat wasn't so squirrely  getting up to speed, especially below 34.  It could use some sound deadening between the hull and inner panel , one of the loudest I've been in.  We did add some SeaDeck of the side and back which help a little.  The rear storage compartments door are always catching rope.    

20170713_182328_resized_1.jpg

Edited by onamission

Wake at [email protected] through the gates. 

DSC_7273_resized_1_resized.jpg

2 people like this

^^ What wake? ;)

6 hours ago, onamission said:

Wake at [email protected] through the gates. 

DSC_7273_resized_1_resized.jpg

Love the pink strada!

1 hour ago, Joeprunc said:

Love the pink strada!

Took a while to get to used to the pink  color,  but at the time all the high end skis with a softer flex were colored for women.   

Heard that rope was getting caught on rear of boat. 

Local ski club took the rear storage covers off because of it. 

Revamp in the works to solve the issue?

club in IL saying same thing.  And on the fuel cap.

Granted I don't have nearly as many sets with a new TXi as the clubs doubt now but we didn't have an issue with the rope catching on the rear storage lids in either of the two I've used/skied. The gas cap, yes. Would really be nice if Malibu would have recessed it below the top place of the deck.