Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fast Lenco actuators

Jonsey

I know there are other posts on the newer Lenco 102F actuators (part#15129-001 is the same as 20990-001) . I've been doing some research on how much faster they are than the 102 standards and the 102xd's. I've also been trying to track down a dealer that will special order them as Lenco will not sell to the public.

I don't know the exact extention time for the standards, but a Lenco rep gave me the following info for the 102F and 102XD. The times posted are speed times not under load so I assume they are a tad slower under load.

102XD----2" per second (15060-001)
102F------3-3.25" " per second (159129-001)

The 102XD actuators are readily avaliable stock items at most dealers. The 102F actuators have been a challenge trying to track down. I've found one place so far that will place the order to Lenco for $188.15 each. That seems like a smoking deal since the 102xd's are over 200 on most sites.

For anyone building diy gates these will give you the fastest transfer times. Under load the 102F's should produce trasfer times of right at 2 seconds. I'm not sure if the 2013's can be retro-fitted with these but the would cut transfer times in close to half.

The dealer that will order these is Marine Parts Source www.marinepartssource.com 866 388-0390
The 15129-001 actuators are not listed on the site so you need to contact them to place the order.

Hopefully this clears up some actuator speed times and where to find the newer faster Lenco's

Edited by Jonsey

I know there are other posts on the newer Lenco 102F actuators (part#15129-001 is the same as 20990-001) . I've been doing some research on how much faster they are than the 102 standards and the 102xd's. I've also been trying to track down a dealer that will special order them as Lenco will not sell to the public.

I don't know the exact extention time for the standards, but a Lenco rep gave me the following info for the 102F and 102XD. The times posted are speed times not under load so I assume they are a tad slower under load.

102XD----2" per second (15060-001)

102F------3-3.25" " per second (159129-001)

The 102XD actuators are readily avaliable stock items at most dealers. The 102F actuators have been a challenge trying to track down. I've found one place so far that will place the order to Lenco for $188.15 each. That seems like a smoking deal since the 102xd's are over 200 on most sites.

For anyone building diy gates these will give you the fastest transfer times. Under load the 102F's should produce trasfer times of right at 2 seconds. I'm not sure if the 2013's can be retro-fitted with these but the would cut transfer times in close to half.

The dealer that will order these is Marine Parts Source www.marinepartssource.com 866 388-0390

The 15129-001 actuators are not listed on the site so you need to contact them to place the order.

Hopefully this clears up some actuator speed times and where to find the newer faster Lenco's

I was just notified by the rep at Marine Parts Source that they have added the 102F (fast) 15129-001 to their website. Just type in 198449 in the product search to place your order. Two more retailers responded today to my inquiries into their prices on the 102F and they were at $366 and $275 each.

Did you ask about the difference in force? You can't get something for nothing, so the faster ones either have less available force or use more current. Fast won't help if they can't do the job.

I swapped out the standard with the fast Lencos for my homemade surf gate. No issue with force. Will be an issue with timing of the throw unless your setup is manual switch or extends/retracts fully every time. I like the difference in speed!

I swapped out the standard with the fast Lencos for my homemade surf gate. No issue with force. Will be an issue with timing of the throw unless your setup is manual switch or extends/retracts fully every time. I like the difference in speed!

Thanks for the reply Rugger.

Is the $188 that MPS has them for about what you paid a piece for your 102F's?

Thanks for the reply Rugger.

Is the $188 that MPS has them for about what you paid a piece for your 102F's?

Probably close. I bought them last summer so I don't remember exactly. Really the only reason to purchase the fast versions are for easier wake to wake transfers. But that's a good reason, and the prices seem to be the same anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Gents, I have a '13 VLX with a failed surf gate actuator (Lenco 15059-001). I've seen a few threads regarding the faster actuator that is used in the 2014-current surf gate config, but no information on whether anyone has had any success with converting a '13 surf gate system to the faster actuators (15129-001F) without any other system mods. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks