Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

loan rates

Ifinallygota21v

No clue. You'll have to give them a call to see what you can get. I know they do advertise these rates, so it's worth a shot (I'm not sure where they stand on credit rating) if you're in the market for a boat.

Exactly. Everyone can point fingers are the gov't or banks, but the REAL issue is who signed on that dotted line. There were people getting loans that, even if they eliminated ALL other living expenses, couldn't make the payment. My wife remembers in 2002 she was offered a loan amount when getting her condo that had monthly payments that were the same as what she took home each month. She could use a calculator and borrowed less than 1/4 that amount but how many idiots just signed the line and figured out they were screwed later?

Did I hit a nerve. :)

Pensions are still around - just a lot less of them being offered now, which is unfortunate.

You are getting suckered. We did Disney World last year, but the difference:

- Drove down. 15 hours each way, but drove through the night which helps. Was easily a $1000 savings and by the time you calculate flight, airport time, time getting a rental car, etc. it really only cost us about 8 extra hours each way, but gave us the ability to leave exactly when we wanted.

- Only did Disney World for a day. Wife and I weren't impressed to be honest; long lines, 45 minutes to see characters, rides weren't all that impressive. Daughter was 4 and she liked it somewhat but we were most impressed by the fireworks show. In the end, we'd rather spend less than 1/2 as much at Cedar Point, which IMO is far better than Disney World.

- Got a very nice Orlando resort (not on Disney property = rip off), for a really cheap deal.

- Did other stuff the other days that didn't cost Disney prices

All of it helps that there is only 3 of us, adding an additional couple of people would obviously increase costs.

While I don't agree with a lot of stuff NB has said. Disney can be done cheaper then most think.

Did Disney last summer 4 days at parks 5 nights. 4 people on the resort mid level hotel. Drove down. 1600 bucks. Not including food, Gas, etc.

I don't understand how you could go all that way for a day. Thats more rediculous than financing a wake boat for 20 years.

I thought Disney was Awsome and was expecting very little.

I just got off the phone with my local CU and the best they would do is 5.9 for 120. Problem is with us, we do property flips on the side, currently have 3 projects going, and have a high revolving debt with line of credits to fund property reno's... which essentially effs our credit score up (even tho we have a household monthly income of just over 20k)!! Just bad timing that's all, Ive found the boat I want, have made a good deal on it, putting 33% down, and will be buying it. Even tho I'm getting a s***ty rate, it will be paid off in 4-5 years anyway. So be it...

I don't understand how you could go all that way for a day. Thats more rediculous than financing a wake boat for 20 years.

I thought Disney was Awsome and was expecting very little.

We would have went more than one day if we liked it. I can't fathom how you liked that place better than Cedar Point, which I'm certain you have been to.

45 minute lines just to see a character, sub par rides, long lines for everything actually - I didn't even find the food that good. My daughter even got tired of it and she loves Disney stuff. The fireworks/night show was the best part by a large margin. I expected a lot more for the hype and insane cost of that joint. Universal is much more fun if you want to do a park in Orlando.

We would have went more than one day if we liked it. I can't fathom how you liked that place better than Cedar Point, which I'm certain you have been to.

45 minute lines just to see a character, sub par rides, long lines for everything actually - I didn't even find the food that good. My daughter even got tired of it and she loves Disney stuff. The fireworks/night show was the best part by a large margin. I expected a lot more for the hype and insane cost of that joint. Universal is much more fun if you want to do a park in Orlando.

I agree cedar point has much more fun rides for adults. But that is not what Disney is about.

We drove down surprised our kids. They had no idea where we were going till they walked in the park. That was priceless.

1 day at magic kingdom there is no way to get the whole experience.

You need to show up before the park opens. Seeing the opening show. Then those first 2-3 hrs you can ride pretty much every ride right away no wait. Use you fast pass later in the day for the popular rides. Also you can switch the fast pass selections. And if you use all three you can book more fast pass. Doing this we never waited more than 20 min for a ride or to see a character. Which is key for little kids. We went to magic kingdom 3 days and planet Hollywood 1.

The fireworks show for sure is a great experience. Staying on site allows you to go back to your hotel very easily mid day when lines are longest and then back to the park later in the day. Would never stay off site due to the pain to get into the park everyday.

Disney is not to be taken lightly you need a pretty solid game plan going in or you will wait in line for ever.

I do agree the food is not great.

Few a few grand it is great if you were spending over 5k. I could see how you could be alittle let down.

but I am easy to please.

Edited by Chrisjjbrown

I am at Disney now and largely agree with Chris. We come annually and never wait more than 20 minutes for anything and despite coming every year, we find something we have never done before all the time to get experience. Actually, the more we experience the rides, shows, sights, and sounds I am surprised tickets don't cost more. And, there are some pretty good restaurants as well.

You guys who like Disney should see the parks at 3:00 in the morning. I spent many nights out there as a contractor when I was in business. We could basically work from one hour after park close until 30 minutes before they open. You would be amazed at what goes on there over night.

That background music stills plays everywhere, and it gets creepy real fast....especially Tomorrowland. Walking through those rides when you are literally the only one in the building is pretty cool...as is driving your vehicle around the parks.

I have a picture of my personal truck parked in the middle of Main Street at the Magic Kingdom.

I had Disney annual passes all of my adult life, but a couple years ago the kids started growing up so we 'graduated' to Universal Passes....they have the roller coasters/rides that older kids like....and you don't need to plan every move you make 3 months in advance to have some fun out there.

I was just commenting how I would love see the parks after hours. Very cool!

I can tell you how to get into the tunnels (Utilidors, they call them) under the Magic Kingdom. If you act like you belong there no one will say a word to you. Just don't be wearing your Magic Band when you do it.

Lets get off Mickey Mouse and take it back to Loan Rates. This is a good research thread for our membership comparing loans. Most aren't comparing experiences at Mickey's house.

• Like 3

There are people who will always buy used because of the value it presents. There are also those who will buy new, because they like the warranty and piece of mind of knowing it is going to work. There are also those who find it therapeutic wrenching on things. Bottom line different strokes for different folks.

I had in laws who avoided living so they could be "secure" in thier twilight years. At the end I promise you he wished he would have taken his wife back to Paris. Visited family in Norway, and lived more. You can't take it with you!

I am not advocating reckless financial planning. I am saying live life to its fullest, because life is too short.

Exactly my thoughts.

I make boat payments. I live 10 minutes from our riding spot. We are a crew that pays for gas. There are two boats in our immediate group. I do all my own wrenching.

Operating a boat for me is cheap by comparison to most people.

Lets get off Mickey Mouse and take it back to Loan Rates. This is a good research thread for our membership comparing loans. Most aren't comparing experiences at Mickey's house.

I hear people use HELOC's now to finance their vacations. I bet NB would have some nice thoughts on those people and their use of lending products.

• 6 months later...
On January 21, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Josh4mc said:

Here is a direct answer to your question.

USAA if you have any military affiliation, seriously any affiliation now a days. 180 months, over $35,000 is at 4.25%.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/bank_loan_recreational_vehicle

Essex Credit if you are a Costco member. Longer terms as low as 3.99%. You pay an application fee and I hear they take a while to approve.

https://www.essexcredit.com/?source=0&type=RV&Boat&keycode=RedirectFromCostcoCoBrandSite&sub_source=1397&promocode=100&Dest=HomePage

If you are looking for a shorter term loan I would suggest a local credit union.

Never use Essex.  Just look at their reviews online.  I made that mistake and it was a disaster.  I thought, being affiliated with Costco that it would be good. But it was a completely horrible experience.  Took them a month to fund, never answered the phones, then they lost the title when I tried to trade in.  Trust me, just look at the online reviews....

USAA is what a lot of my ex military friends use.

i ended up using STCU.org for all my loans.  Currently, they are at 4.6% at 180 months max.  Less for shorter terms.

3 hours ago, Sporte77 said:

Never use Essex.  Just look at their reviews online.  I made that mistake and it was a disaster.  I thought, being affiliated with Costco that it would be good. But it was a completely horrible experience.  Took them a month to fund, never answered the phones, then they lost the title when I tried to trade in.  Trust me, just look at the online reviews....

USAA is what a lot of my ex military friends use.

i ended up using STCU.org for all my loans.  Currently, they are at 4.6% at 180 months max.  Less for shorter terms.

That's funny, I was talking to a coworker from spokane about stcu earlier today, I had never heard of them prior to that and now twice in one day... 

• 4 months later...

Hey Crew!  I'm debating between a 21vlx and 22vlx and plan to put an order in this month to take advantage of boat show pricing.  Curious to see what rates you are seeing right now, as I was quoted 5.99 to 6.99 with a 740 credit score. Seems pretty high to me.  I'd be interested to know what other that have purchased recently are getting. 

My local dealer got me 4.49 through Numerica / 8 Year term, and I was quoted 4.74 from US Bank, 15 year.  Both 20% down.  I asked about shorter terms and more money down, and the rate was higher for shorter terms and more money down from both vendors, go figure.  Similar credit score, maybe a touch higher.  

I got 5.2% from usaa last month, 100% financing.  my score is upper 700s.  Rates are climbing...and so are the prices of boats.  Could the bubble be popping soon?  

Edited by bamabonners
12 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

My local dealer got me 4.49 through Numerica / 8 Year term, and I was quoted 4.74 from US Bank, 15 year.  Both 20% down.  I asked about shorter terms and more money down, and the rate was higher for shorter terms and more money down from both vendors, go figure.  Similar credit score, maybe a touch higher.  

Yes... to receive my 3.99% rate I had to finance for 180 months... However... it does not mean you have to take 180 months to pay it off...USAA does not penalize for paying more (still having to pay full interest of term) and I make 2 payments per month.. 1 actual payment and one principal only.. hard to turn down a low interest rate ;)