Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lead wake is out of inventory....next best product?

Lance B. Johnson

Will the shops just give them to you?

Depends on who you know. I just heard from a neighbor that he picked up a couple of buckets full over the winter. He paid a case of beer for it.

• Like 1

I ordered bombwake products. Should be here tomorrow. I am using borrowed lead and needed a quicker solution. Can't afford to dink around with weather like we have been having.

Needless to say, the price was good. 500 shipped for 500lbs.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson
  • Like 2

what are the negatives you have heard about these?

I am looking at them as well

Bag isn't as nice and it is steel shot instead of lead. Inferior product in every way.

There is another company that offers a real lead bag but I can't for the life of me remember their name as Lead Wake has always been the way to go.

Bag isn't as nice and it is steel shot instead of lead. Inferior product in every way.

There is another company that offers a real lead bag but I can't for the life of me remember their name as Lead Wake has always been the way to go.

Your right, they are high quality but Its not so much the way to go when they don't have inventory.

THEY DONT HAVE INVENTORY :)

Anyway when you get down to it its just weight. 50lbs = 50 lbs. Granted a little bigger sack.

• Like 3

Anyway when you get down to it its just weight. 50lbs = 50 lbs. Granted a little bigger sack.

You got that right.

So I've wondered what those bags weigh filled with sand or plain old dirt. Probaby 30 or 35 lbs.

Will the shops just give them to you?

The shop I work for did. They mentioned that the weights are picked up by recyclers and inventoried. They were a little worried about the epa or some agencies being flagged but felt they could get away with giving up the bucket I took which was just over 100 pounds. I was thinking of visiting our other stores. I just don't need that much. As small as the bags are, they still take up space. I'd like to figure out a way to bundle some weights up and stuff them around the bow tank under the bow seats. I've come to the conclusion that a little bow weight is needed for pretty much all disciplines. While surfing or wakeboarding, the stock tank isn't enough. I even fill the bow tank while skiing. I've been thinking about filling socks and wrapping them with duct tape and stacking them up around the bow tank. Even if it's just 100#'s or so.

I have had both the pop and lead wake products. The pop bags are slightly larger but easier to conform to a shape than the lead wake bags. Nicer for wedging into a tight spot. The lead wake bags are higher quality. I would want the lead wake bags if they are not in a compartment since they look nicer. If they are hidden, the pop bags are vinyl and seem like a better pic if they are going to be getting wet all the time.

Ol nitrous strokin his lead bags again. SAME STORY.....IF you can't get any, they ain't worth s***.

'Ol everyone else and their lacking of reading ability - I mentioned there is another brand that also sells a LEAD product. Lead, the item that should be used in a lead bag or lead weight. I couldn't recall the name of the other company offering a real lead product but obviously hoped someone else would remember and chime in.
  • 4 weeks later...

I had 500 lbs of bombwake.com delivered. Bags are high quality and easy to move around boat. I keep 5 on port side under seats then move 5 to the starboard side when not surfing. Takes about 2mins. Really happy with bags and ability to move around. When pushed all the way to outside edge of hull the weight makes way more difference (listing) than same amount of weight under seats becuase bombwake bags can be concentrated further out on edge of boat.

I also went with bombwake. and not long after Jared contacted me and had enough to fill my order. No worries though the bombwake stuff is good stuff.....and a better deal. Yes the bags are around 1/3 bigger but really it made zero difference on my boat when you get down to it. The price was good thats for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

With 500 pounds of lead to deliver, the UPS guy will hate you forever.

He ships USPS in the flat rate box. Now that's someone who will hate you!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got some lead wake bags from Jared that I don't use anymore....used to put them in the bow. Would be willing to sell. 6 bags = 300lbs

I stopped by a few local tire shops and one said bring a 5 gallon bucket by. I told him a was wanting about 300 lbs and he said no problem just drop a bucket off and he will start filling. Not sure how long it will take but this company does a lot of work. I plan to use old tool bags I have laying around to put them in and zip em up. I have 5 or 6 in my garage that I never used I think would work good

• 1 year later...

Leadwake's website says stainless steel shot. Does anyone know if they changed to a less dense material? Are the bags larger than pictures I've seen?

1 hour ago, gobble said:

Leadwake's website says stainless steel shot. Does anyone know if they changed to a less dense material? Are the bags larger than pictures I've seen?

My wife bought me another 100lbs from them earlier this year.  No different than my other bags other than the design of the label on them is a little different (I liked the original design better, but it's pretty small either way).  Bags are the same size.  I never weighed them to see if they are different but they feel the same weight.

I see where it says stainless steel shot on the website.  If he truely changed to that I will have to rethink recommending the product to others.

Edited by Nitrousbird