Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Announce your 10th anniversary here.

electricjohn

Was originally part of MBO, not sure exactly when I joined, but probably around the 02/03 timeframe

Joined TMC April 20th, 2005. I owned a 95 Echelon for a while as my first boat. Had a set of twins and sold the boat from lack of use. I've got on every now and then to check things out. With Tapatalk it made it way easier to browse so I got on more frequently.

I bought a new to me boat a few years ago, 2004 Crownline. It does pretty well for what we needed at the time, but now with two additional kids and family/friends that like to tag along its getting cramped.

So I've made my way back home to TMC and reading up on all I can. The next boat will be a 247 Wakesetter. Thinking based on current life situation we'll keep the current boat one more summer and then the hunt will be on for the 247.

Anyway, glad to be back. Here's a shot of the current set up.

0D6E963E-7FE8-4A86-840A-3034CED8C071_zps

And here's one of the Malibu

RightFront.jpg

My 10 year anniversary is in a month. I joined as we were contemplating our '05 VLX and I am so grateful to the community for the many pieces of good advice and the sometimes interesting discussions from the many characters that have come and gone. Thanks to you mods who have made this a place worth coming back time after time over the 10 years that we have owned our boat. Your efforts probably contributed both to our getting into a Malibu and to our enjoying our VLX so much.

10 years for me today. Not nearly as active posting as I once was. Really miss some of the old regulars like VinRLX, HRemmington, and NorCaliBu. In the early days, the site seemed a lot more about technical issues on boats, and I felt like I was learning something new every day. Only so many threads one can have about left handed metric Johnson nuts before it gets a bit old. Even so, I still pop in every few days to see what is going on - it is a habit that has become a part of my life I'm not willing to let go.

TMC is a great site for sure. Thanks to all the mods for your hard work and commitment to keeping the site true to its roots, and congratulations on 10 years! :werule:

10 years for me today, as well.

I remeber very well the day I received an e-mail invite to come here. The old site was in turmoil (wasn't it down for like a week with no explanation???), and I was thrilled when I logged in here and saw all (or most of) the familiar faces migrating over.

There are very few, if any, days when I don't log on to catch up with everything....usually many times a day. The site is first on my list of sites I hit when I sit down in front of the computer. Even before less important things like checking my account balances and e-mails.

Great job to everyone who has worked so hard to make this site what it is.

• Like 1

10yrs for me this weekend. As mentioned, things have changed a bunch. It's been cool to have met quite a few of the folks while out traveling for work. Some highlights :

Meeting up with Mr and Mrs M-dude, getting behind their SLXi, skiing on a rented and too small Connelly ski, and wrapping the day watching him open the hood of his truck to let the engine cool :surprised: .

Getting some solid water time with Tom Sawyer, Martho...teaching me to 'foot...ended up making more than a few trips with those guys to Table Rock, Mississippi River, Fox Lake, and Shelbyville. We were also joined pretty often by aneal000...what an incredibly talented, fun guy he was. He could and was willing to try anything on the water - awesome wakeboarder, decent skier, great barefooter, and really opened my eyes to what a 'real' promo guy could do for a dealer. Everyone was welcome, never a bad attitude, and could teach anyone who was willing to learn. Great times

SGY has become one of my best friends. I get out to Colorado every once in a while, always make sure to spend some quality time with him and his family. Great skiing at his lake, joined their family reunion when they headed to Table Rock, he's come here staying with us for the weekend, and still chat with him just about every week.

Galaxy Toad is still a great friend as well. We've skied in 4 different states, spend times with each other's family, and he even let me take the controls in the C-17 flight simulator for a half hour. Very cool dude with tons of stories...

Gotta get back to work...great memories due to this site. Thanks for the tireless efforts of the Mods to run this place :rockon:

• Like 3

Actually I think that he had major back issues that may have ended footing for him.

I'm really enjoying reading these guys. Keep 'em coming. :thumbup:

Subway started offering flatbread sandwiches with no clear top or bottom and his head literally exploded.

With tomorrow being both my 10 year anniversary here and 10 great years out of our lXI. If the wind isn't bad tomorrow hope to get a celebratory run in and then grab a plane to Florida for a week of training and golf. Good thing I have back up gear , FedEx just delivered my gear. Have a full tune-up planned for the boat when I get home.

10 years; where does the time go

first sets today went pretty swell

kind of bumpy at the south end of the run but overall a good first trip

it's a good life if you don't weaken

thanks to the admins for keeping this site under control

thanks to all of the tmc members that make a positive contributions

I can't believe it has been 10 years ether. Thank you all for continuing on the great resource and building on what was started with MBO back in the day. I have learned more from TMC than any other single site I visit. Maybe I visit TMC too much.... no never.

Thanks admins!

Kelly

My 10 year anniversary was yesterday. I was crazy busy at work yesterday, so didn't have a chance to post. Actually it is pretty busy again today.

Hard to believe it's been 10 years since I got an email from Patrick (JSP) letting me know where everyone from MBO had gone. I have learned so much from this site and been entertained along the way. I've been able to meet many wonderful people through this unique site. People that share the passion I have for watersports. I don't post as often as I used to, but still check in almost every day. I miss some people that aren't on here often like Norcalibu, Sacriverrat (Troy), and that banker from Mississippi (Hank-HRemington).

Thanks for all the hard work the mods do to keep this site, fun, clean, safe, informative, and mostly mature.

Special thanks to Tracie for having vision, perseverance, and passion.

I'm a little late, as my anniversary was on the 11th. But I was out enjoying 5 days of skiing on this, so I know most of you will understand. :)

I would like to thank the members of this community, past and present, for volumes of information, shared experiences and opinions on a wide variety of subjects, and hours of sheer entertainment. Special thanks to the Admins for keeping it all together! And now, on to the search function to read up on repairing a bent wedge. :cry:

post-92-0-44237300-1429202238_thumb.jpg

Edited by John I.

I'm a little late, as my anniversary was on the 11th. But I was out enjoying 5 days of skiing on this, so I know most of you will understand. :)

I would like to thank the members of this community, past and present, for volumes of information, shared experiences and opinions on a wide variety of subjects, and hours of sheer entertainment. Special thanks to the Admins for keeping it all together! And now, on to the search function to read up on repairing a bent wedge. :cry:

But on a brighter note, you got 5 days of awesomeness before you bent the wedge, right?

But on a brighter note, you got 5 days of awesomeness before you bent the wedge, right?

Yes indeed! Never even deployed the wedge while on the water. In the process of hooking up the trailered boat to back into my buddy's garage, the wheel chocks (aka, rocks) were moved a bit prematurely and the trailer rolled back into a short block wall. The wedge was in the down position for clearance in the garage and took the brunt of the slo-motion impact. Considering the incline of the driveway and street, it could have been much, much worse.

Yes indeed! Never even deployed the wedge while on the water. In the process of hooking up the trailered boat to back into my buddy's garage, the wheel chocks (aka, rocks) were moved a bit prematurely and the trailer rolled back into a short block wall. The wedge was in the down position for clearance in the garage and took the brunt of the slo-motion impact. Considering the incline of the driveway and street, it could have been much, much worse.

Glad the damage was light.

10 years ago today I found a means of destroying my continued employment. This place is just like crack. So addicting you simply cannot stay away. They don't let me go on Facebook at work, which is just fine, but they do let me come here (I think) and that is not always a good thing.

I clearly remember the e-mail from WakeGirl guiding me to the new sun source of all knowledge. As the old site was devolving into an advertising laden, cluttered spot, it was, and remains so refreshing that TMC is the way it is today. Between all of us, somebody knows something about everything. I have some friends that think that about themselves, but I know better. I can't think of one question that has been asked here that has had no answer to it. The $25 or $50 per year voluntarily paid to keep the site funded is one of the best investments any of us can make. Support the site!

Love the humor. Love the knowledge. Love the friendship and camaraderie that I find on TMC. Special thanks to the Admins and Mods for all they do behind the scenes.

• Like 1

The $25 or $50 per year voluntarily paid to keep the site funded is one of the best investments any of us can make. Support the site!Love the humor. Love the knowledge. Love the friendship and camaraderie that I find on TMC. Special thanks to the Admins and Mods for all they do behind the scenes.

^^ +1..... +1 :rockon:

It was 10 years ago, a couple of days ago. Hard to say where all that time went. My wife would laugh and say it was spent here, all of it, every minute. Well maybe that is an exaggeration, but not by much.....

• 2 weeks later...

10 years for me last week. Thanks for all the hard work it takes to keep the site running well and keeping the drama down. One of the best forums I've ever seen.

Thanks for helping me spend tons of money on 3 Malibus, boards, gear, and memories!