Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wheel well carpet

What type of carpet should I use and where should I buy it?

I believe that it is the same carpet that is on the bunks. I hope someone has a good answer since I need to replace the bunks.

I landed a one time deal at my local Lowe's on some outdoor carpet for my trailer bunks. $75 got me carpet and the 2x6's, but haven't seen it there again, but you might want to check. Bakesonline.com sells bunk carpet, I would assume Overton's does as well, and there's always Ebay.

What type of carpet should I use and where should I buy it?

I live in a fairly small town and the local carpet guy had carpet that I used for trailer bunks and wheel wells... $15 bucks did the whole trailer...

Any old low nap carpet will do. I had our office carpet replaced with a charcoal colored carpet, and used the leftovers to do my bunks and wheel wells. Check with a local upholstery shop for scraps or a carpet guy.

I just bought the West Marine carpet. Probably paid a little more, but I think I am probably a little more confident that it will be the right stuff.