Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NorCaliBu

Malibu Blanket

33 posts in this topic

So last week I friend of mine, Doug, (fellow Malibu owner and my most consistent slalom partner) hit a tree while snowboarding. I posted a prayer request for him in the "Christian" thread. His condition is much improved. But I digress.

Last Friday when I logged onto Facebook I saw that Malibu was offering up a one-of-a-kind Malibu Blanket to the person that came up with the best reason why they should have it. Doug's condition was weighing heavily on my heart as he was still in critical condition in ICU so I posted that I needed it to give to him to lift his spirit during his long road to recovery. Well, I just found out that they picked my reason. :clap:

post-45-127112600895_thumb.jpg

Hoping he gets released from the hospital at the end of the week or early next week to come home.

:plus1: :plus1:

That is Awesome!!!

Edited by Living the Dream

Now that's cool. And the reason is well deserved. Doug is lucky to have you as a friend.

Wow, I saw that on the home page, glad I didn't waste my time making up a story of my own. I wish for a speedy recovery for your buddy Doug.

Just saw this on fb and thought how great it was,Congrats :clap:

Awesome!! I was hoping someone from the Crew would get that. God job NCB on the nomination of your Buddy. Hope he gets better.

Prayers for Doug and his full recovery.....it's Awesome the you submitted the story for him. :rockon:

If that doesn't cheer him up what will.... :)

Small world! I was starting to type in my reason as well, then decided that the Transformers logo just wasn't for me. Plus I had no real reason to get what would be to me "just more stuff". So congrats! Hope your buddy pulls thru OK.

Excellent!!

Agree with everyone so far. That is very, very cool! :thumbup:

Very nice. also glad to hear that Doug is doing better.

Does he have a boat, and if so, what kind?

Very nice. also glad to hear that Doug is doing better.

Does he have a boat, and if so, what kind?

Doug bought his Sporty LX about a year or so after I bought mine. :biggrin:

we got 2 malibu towels when we picked up the boat lol

Cool

I am glad thins are looking up

awesome!

I thought about saying something like if I didn't get it then a hole would form in space time continuum and a black hole would cause the destruction of mankind... or something along those lines...

anyway, I like your reason better!

Awesome news. You da man NorCal. I'll continue to pray for a good strong recovery for Doug! Rockon.gif That blanket should help too!

awesome!!!!!

Blanket just got here. :thumbup:

Now I just need Doug to come home. :)

Hey Tracie - Any news?

Nothing all that new, but Doug's doing well from what I hear. Joe is actually going to be doing his clinical today on that floor of the hospital, so we're hoping to have some first-hand news for you tonight.

This is a prime example of why being in good shape & leading a healthy lifestyle is important. Obviously it's important over the long haul, but in traumatic cases such as this, someone with a lot of co-morbidities more than likely wouldn't have survived. Doug is in great shape & doesn't have any of those things, & it played a big part in why he pulled through. Just something to keep in mind, it's been one thing to inspire me to get my @ss back into the gym. Okay, I'm off my soap box now. :)

Very cool hope Doug get's Better soon.

Jeff

Update on Doug....

Joe got to visit with him yesterday & meet his family.....great people, he's got great support. He remembered Doug from Villa Lagos a couple of years ago. What a small world that we live in!

Anyway, the soonest that he'll be able to leave for home will be this weekend. He's doing well & is up, walking around but still has a couple of issues (as of yesterday he still wasn't on solid food). If they say that chicks dig scars, he's going to be popular with the ladies 'cuz he's got a good one! He's bummed about the ski season & what it will do to his course skills, but the good news is that he will make a full recovery & this won't inhibit that at all. Not much more to tell at this point.

Just got a text from Jodie (Doug's wife) and she "said" Doug's parents will be driving him home on Sunday. Absolutely amazing. A week and a half ago his injuries caused the doctors to question the likelyhood of his survival and now just 10 days later he is getting ready to come home.

Tracie - Thank you for the updates and the support.

And thank those doctors for me for putting my buddy back together.

Oh...And thank you Malibu Boats for the blanket. I can't wait to give it to him.

Edited by NorCaliBu

we got 2 malibu towels when we picked up the boat lol

was that supposed to be funny?

:lightning: