Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LETS SEE YOUR RIGS!

josh_tn

32 minutes ago, Falko said:

Other than the cool tailgate, I don't see all that much different on the exterior/interior. It has a lot of buttons, bunches of them on the dash. I typically buy vehicles where most of those are blanks anyway...

That tailgate is legit tho....
I mean, I'd break it in 6 months. (I'm sorta the master of disaster)

But it'd be cool as hell for that first 6 months.

3 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

That tailgate is legit tho....
I mean, I'd break it in 6 months. (I'm sorta the master of disaster)

But it'd be cool as hell for that first 6 months.

Oh no doubt.  But I see that thing rusting from the inside out with all the seals it must have and the salt around here. But it has some definite abilities.

Funny side note about tailgates. There were a few mishaps with trucks and personal usage so the owner sends out an email, "Next person to damage a tailgate due to carelessness or during personal use is FIRED!!!!!"   Fast forward a couple weeks, one of the trucks is missing for a few days. Turns out, he himself backed the truck into a tree with the tailgate down while unloading mulch at his house. Tried to cover it up, but one of the guys is friends with the local body shop. It was pretty funny at the time.

7 hours ago, JeffK said:

Ryan - I haven't spent much time looking at the navigators.  A buddy of mine is a through and through ford guy.  We've had great conversations about the brand differences.  I love all of the new things Ford is doing and I think the ecoboost motors are amazing. 

Once you've owned a Chevy for so many years, a Ford just feels uncomfortable in the interior.  For me, I've always been a Chevy guy.  Absolutely no knock on Ford's, but I am just very comfortable with where everything is in the Chevy''s.  They ride differently, sound differently, start differently, etc.  I owned a ford excursion diesel back in 2005 or so.  Loved the performance, but everything else felt out of place for me.  I ended up with buyers remorse and went back.  I know it sounds terribly near sighted, but it is what it is.  I'm afraid I'd spend all that money only to question my purchase.  Plus, with the Indmar service school and dealership days, I'm very comfortable with the vortec platform (I know this one isn't a gasser, but it has always leaned me towards those motors, especially since I still have the shop manuals).

I've always been agnostic between Chevy and Ford.  But my Yukon is swinging me towards being a "Ford Guy" for the full size SUVs.  The Denali trim just seems to be cheap compared to what else is out there.  And I have never had a vehicle with more rattles.  Maybe I just got a bad one.

I hope your new ride gives you years of uneventful service.  My bet is it will.

20 minutes ago, RyanB said:

I've always been agnostic between Chevy and Ford.  But my Yukon is swinging me towards being a "Ford Guy" for the full size SUVs.  The Denali trim just seems to be cheap compared to what else is out there.  And I have never had a vehicle with more rattles.  Maybe I just got a bad one.

I hope your new ride gives you years of uneventful service.  My bet is it will.

Thanks Ryan.  I hope you notice the same.  What year is your yukon?

6 hours ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

Don’t hate the player but my wife wants to keep a 7 seater vehicle in the family. I want a truck but a 7 seater suits our family a bit better right now. So looking at the Audi Q7...

You looking at brand new? The older Q7s have a tow rating of 6600 lbs

@SCMike, congrats on the new truck.  She's beautiful.  Can't believe that one sat on the lot for 7 months.  

As far as hitch goes, I've only had my boat a couple of weeks so I haven't really settled on a permanent hitch.  I'm also considering a lift so until I do I'm not investing in anything fancy.  Ultimately I'll likely get a new Weigh Safe hitch with a 2.5" shank.  

For now, I'm using a 2" drop and it's okay, but seems a touch high.  I have a 6" drop I'm going to try next.

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

@SCMike, congrats on the new truck.  She's beautiful.  Can't believe that one sat on the lot for 7 months.  

As far as hitch goes, I've only had my boat a couple of weeks so I haven't really settled on a permanent hitch.  I'm also considering a lift so until I do I'm not investing in anything fancy.  Ultimately I'll likely get a new Weigh Safe hitch with a 2.5" shank.  

For now, I'm using a 2" drop and it's okay, but seems a touch high.  I have a 6" drop I'm going to try next.

This is the hitch I've been using.  Very happy with it. TRZ6PB TRIMAX Razor Black 6" Adjustable Ball Mount Drop Hitch

On 4/25/2018 at 6:20 AM, SCMike said:

For the most part, my 1500 Denali pulled my VLX great, I’m sure you will be ok.  The only issue I ever ran across was the high tranny temps on climbs.  On the flats it was good.  

I had the same issue with the trans temp being high when pulling my 21vlx out to Lake Havasu.  I have since installed a after market trans cooler from etrailer and it is no longer a problem.

4 hours ago, IXFE said:

Thanks @IXFE!!  I ordered an 8 inch drop hitch from Weight Safe, it arrives tomorrow.  i thought i had a 4 inch on my 1500 Sierra, so i ordered the 8 inch opposed to the 6 inch just to be safe.  Sounds like i might have ordered the wrong one; although it will work.

2 hours ago, SCMike said:

Thanks @IXFE!!  I ordered an 8 inch drop hitch from Weight Safe, it arrives tomorrow.  i thought i had a 4 inch on my 1500 Sierra, so i ordered the 8 inch opposed to the 6 inch just to be safe.  Sounds like i might have ordered the wrong one; although it will work.

Yeah but it’s adjustable, right?  So you’re safe. 

38 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Yeah but it’s adjustable, right?  So you’re safe. 

Yup!  I’ll be good either way, it just may be a bit longer then I would like.  All good though.  If I ever decide to lift the truck I guess I’ll be covered. 

1 minute ago, SCMike said:

Yup!  I’ll be good either way, it just may be a bit longer then I would like.  All good though.  When I decide to lift the truck I guess I’ll be covered. 

Fixed it for you...

On 4/25/2018 at 6:25 AM, ahopkinsTXi said:

I guess you probably had the 8 speed and I still have the 6 speed, so apples to oranges comparison lol...

@SCMike I'm not surprised at those temps going up to Tahoe. I'd have to double check with a few of my contacts, but I don't think those are high per say. Either way, sick upgrade to the 250! They are very nice.

Thanks @ahopkinsTXi!  I’m loving the truck so far.  I get to tow with it for the first time tomorrow.  Can’t wait.

• Like 1

Its crazy how expensive they are right now.  It took me a while to find this one because I wanted to make sure it was bulletproofed. 

3 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

Now we're talking... man, I regret not snagging an older 6.0 'scurz back several years ago.
Now? Everyone down here wants 25-40k for them. 

On 4/24/2018 at 10:09 PM, SCMike said:

After taking delivery of my 23lsv this past weekend, it was VERY apparent my 5.3 Denali was not up to the task of towing it.  Honestly, it was down right scary.  So...

upgraded to tow rig this evening and got a great deal on a left over 2017 F250.  Can’t wait to see how this thing tows!  

Quick questikn @IXFE.  I’ll be towing this weekend and need to pick up a new hitch to match the height of the truck.  Do you know what drop would be best? 

Since I know the rules, here is a pic of the new ride.  Upgrades to come when I get over spending a whole crap ton on a new boat and new truck in the same week.  Haha!

F8034402-985C-4F3F-8D98-8EC750E3F2EC.jpeg

Thats funny.. I was going to ask you how your truck handled with your new boat.. Did you take the 74? 

Pulled my m235 with the Denali 2500HD with the Triple axle trailer. 2 inch drop on  The hitch. Boat was 6500lbs and trailer is 1900lbs.  Couldn’t even feel the boat behind this beast.  

On 4/29/2018 at 6:34 PM, Choiceind said:

Thats funny.. I was going to ask you how your truck handled with your new boat.. Did you take the 74? 

Yeah, tranny got all the way up to 225 on the uphill heading west on 74.  That didn’t worry me as much as driving highway 5 south towards San Diego. Truck was getting pushed around quite a bit, I had to slow it down to about 50mph.  New truck handled the 74 like a boss!  Here is a pic from last weekend.  Maiden tow with the new rig :)

8A222054-01A0-4888-B721-7224C207D6B8.jpeg

8 hours ago, Leatherneck33 said:

Picked up the boat last week and already have almost 15 hours on it. Going to be a great summer. 

CE489CAE-E024-49DA-929B-C223763DF6BA.jpeg

Way to put in some work!  Great looking rig!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, SCMike said:

Yeah, tranny got all the way up to 225 on the uphill heading west on 74.  That didn’t worry me as much as driving highway 5 south towards San Diego. Truck was getting pushed around quite a bit, I had to slow it down to about 50mph.  New truck handled the 74 like a boss!  Here is a pic from last weekend.  Maiden tow with the new rig :)

8A222054-01A0-4888-B721-7224C207D6B8.jpeg

That's a rad combo! So you had to break in a new boat engine and a new truck engine in the same week, that boat doesn't look nearly as big anymore.