Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 RLXI

Sporty

We are looking at purchasing a new RLXI and my wife is more concerned that it is the first year of the new model and maybe we should wait a year for the 2008 model. Has anyone with the new rlxi wished they had waited for Malibu to get all the bugs out? She never wants to buy a car the first year and waits. I am ready to pull the trigger.

When does the 2008 come out?

they switch molds in august...i'm not sure, but you probably can't get a 2007 at this point. I've have a few minor issues with my 2007, but nothing that's kept me off the water. If you find a 2007, i wouldn't wait.

If you're ordering in the next month or two, you'll likely get an '08, which will probably have a couple small problems of its own seeing it's an early build '08.

My 03 was fine and that was the launch for the Rlxi. I think they even got 10 more HP out of the Monsoon engine that year. My spray date was in Feb., but I don't know when the mass production of the model started.

I have had 07 all year no issues well nothing big radio wired wrong, and wires off horn. The boat has been solid otherwise. I have the 320 LCR and would have no problems ordering it again. It is a grate ski boat I don,t board so can't say much about that. I have had no problems with the windshield if you are worried about that. I give mine a 10.0 Thumbup.gifThumbup.gif :Thumbup Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

I was told the 07 production is sold out and any boat ordered from this point on will be an 08. Most dealers should receive 08's in late Julyor early August.

I have had virtually no problems with my 2007 RLXi. Go for it! Malibu having commitments for all remaining 2007 build slots translates to dealers committing to the boats. That does not necessarily mean that the dealers have sold all those boats. You can probably find a dealer with an open build slot.

I was told the 07 production is sold out and any boat ordered from this point on will be an 08. Most dealers should receive 08's in late Julyor early August.

I'm glad I ordered mine when I did! what a great boat, no need to wait (except it sounds like you have to now)

Some dealers may have slots, but they probably have them filled with stock boats. Finding one you can still change would be tough. I ordered a new Rlxi last week and wanted an 08. It already has to be confirmed and after Friday I am not allowed to make any changes. I am supposed to see if sometime around the second week of July pending no delays.