Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Raw water line

The long story....

Got the new-to-me boat out for the first long weekend. Yahoo.gif Just after launching, I checked to make sure things were OK & there was a trickle of water running down from the raw water intake. UH-OH... Cry.gif Fortunately, I caught it early and didn't try to sink the boat... Back on the trailer to diagnose. Found the raw water intake hose had a tear running about half way around it between the hull & perko transom flush kit adaptor.

Couldn't find a replacement part, but did find hard walled 200 PSI hydraulic hose at a local mining supply company that was open. Put it on and had a blast the rest of the three day weekend. Thumbup.gif

It's hard walled & similar to the raw water hose I took off. Inside diameter is the same and it has cording & two wires running though it. The only real difference I could see is that it's walls are about 3/16" thicker than the hardwalled water line I took off.

Anyone see any issues leaving it on vs changing back to the hardwalled water hose?

I personally wouldn't see an issue with it at all, as long as in the ID is the same size. Probably a better hose anyways.

Shawn

Thanks guys...

FYI - For those of you who boat in the mountainous eastern US - a local mining or heavy equipment parts supplier may have a hard walled hydraulic hose you can use to save a weekend if you can't find a local inboard dealer. It cost about the same as the raw water hose at ski-dim ($6/ft vs 5.28/ft) and they cut it to length for me.