Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stainless wedge up-grade.

OK, 300 bills for the SS wedge up-grade and after only 5 hrs. the bolts are rusting and discoloring the wedge. Is anybody else seeing this?

Lame.gif

I know that's not helpful, but can't believe how lame some things are on a $50M boat. I can't understand how Malibu (or dealers) thinks they're doing us a favor by saving us $3 on bolts or $.50 on caps in the hard tanks.

M is thousands, MM is millions. $50M = $50,000, not $50,000,000. Doesn't anyone else use them this way?

Edited by superjet

You guys must never look at used car ads. If I saw something in the automotive world that I like with less than "50k" miles on it I wouldn't be confused a bit. Now, if it were listed with "50m" miles on it, I'd think that it should be in the Guinness Book.

M is roman numeral 1000 so $50M is 50,000.  50m would be 50,000,000.  Confusing, eh?  That one got me last year.  :)

I am confused ....if M is romal numeral 1000, then why wouldn't $50M be 50 X 1000 or $50,000. Where does the 50,000,000 come from? :unsure:

1K=Kilo=1000=one thousand

1M=Mega=1000000=one million=million

All metric really.

If you are counting in roman numerals you wouldn't use 50 you would use something like LM

JZ

All metric really.

If you are counting in roman numerals you wouldn't use 50 you would use something like LM

JZ

Working in the finance industry, I'll chime in and say that it is widely accepted that 50M would = $50,000 and 50MM would be 50,000,000. It is ALSO accepted that 50k is 50,000...That said, it's much more common to see the M used than the k to take the place of ,000 when we talk about $$...

So Superjet was right!

Phil

All metric really.

JZ

Working in the finance industry, I'll chime in and say that it is widely accepted that 50M would = $50,000 and 50MM would be 50,000,000. It is ALSO accepted that 50k is 50,000...That said, it's much more common to see the M used than the k to take the place of ,000 when we talk about $$...

So Superjet was right!

Phil

Having worked in banking for a number of years, this is true. But, you hardly ever wee it used outside of banking, FWIW. Even when I spoke to customers I always spoke in K's and mil's :) K.I.S.S.

If you want to really get confused, start tracking M2 and M3 money supply and then watch them talk in M's Shocking.gif