Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Polished billet maint.

I have a polished foil on my sky ski. It is starting to get a hazy appearance to it. This also will eventually apply to my tower accesories. How do you keep them nice?

In past years I've just used a good metal polish like Mothers that Mike mentioned. This year I invested in a product called Zoopseal & I did every piece of aluminum on the boat that I could pull off and/or easily get to. It was pricey & I don't know if it will make a difference, but after doing a bunch of reading & research on it I decided to give it a shot. You can read about it here:

http://www.zoops.com/zoopseal.asp

I used flitz on my board racks and tower speakers.

Flitz

I bought the as seen on TV special

FLITZ TV KIT SPECIAL

1 - Metal Polish 50gr/1.76oz tube

1 - Polishing and Buffing Ball

(Drill not included)

5 - Trial Size Metal Polish Packets

$20 in coupons for future use

does a real nice job

I think Mothers has something similar.

Ken

Got the Mothers Billet polish today. Took me two hrs. to polish the Sky Ski. I'm guessing that I may be able to cut this down to 1.5 hrs., but man, what a job! Is there any thing that is spray-on wipe-off? I will prob. look into having the foil anodized if this is what I have to look forward to every three to four weeks.

Does anodizing have any maint. issues? Thanks for the tips.