Sign in to follow this  
brazosvet

Polished billet maint.

brazosvet

I have a polished foil on my sky ski. It is starting to get a hazy appearance to it. This also will eventually apply to my tower accesories. How do you keep them nice?

MIKEGOUGH1

Mothers aluminum polish. Comes as a paste from most auto parts stores. Works great.

WakeGirl

In past years I've just used a good metal polish like Mothers that Mike mentioned. This year I invested in a product called Zoopseal & I did every piece of aluminum on the boat that I could pull off and/or easily get to. It was pricey & I don't know if it will make a difference, but after doing a bunch of reading & research on it I decided to give it a shot. You can read about it here:

http://www.zoops.com/zoopseal.asp

Kenw

I used flitz on my board racks and tower speakers.

Flitz

I bought the as seen on TV special

FLITZ TV KIT SPECIAL

1 - Metal Polish 50gr/1.76oz tube

1 - Polishing and Buffing Ball

(Drill not included)

5 - Trial Size Metal Polish Packets

$20 in coupons for future use

does a real nice job

I think Mothers has something similar.

Ken

WakeGirl

I've used both Flitz & Mothers, both are excellent. I can't really recommend one over the other, except that Mothers is more readily available & *I believe* a little less money.

brazosvet

Got the Mothers Billet polish today. Took me two hrs. to polish the Sky Ski. I'm guessing that I may be able to cut this down to 1.5 hrs., but man, what a job! Is there any thing that is spray-on wipe-off? I will prob. look into having the foil anodized if this is what I have to look forward to every three to four weeks.

Does anodizing have any maint. issues? Thanks for the tips.

WakeGirl

Keep the foil waxed after using the polish & that will help it go a lot farther.

brazosvet

Will just any kind of carnuba boat/auto wax work?

WakeGirl

Yep, whatever you use on the boat/car/truck that lasts a long time will work fine. I like carnuba myself, love the smell. :)

Soulrebel

Zoops is great according to all the hot-rod guys I talk to. Zoops = less time polishing and more time riding.

WakeGirl

So far it seems like it's easier to clean up/make shiny again, but we really don't have many hours under our belts yet because of the crappy weather.