Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got a nice new scratch this weekend

LS-One

When I started wiping down the boat Sunday afternoon I looked at the observer's side and thought WTF ?? I have a scratch that goes from the transom all the way to the bow. It is right at the water line. I was racking my brain how this could happen I was tied tied to several different houseboats but always on the drivers side. Than I remembered I went to the marina for a part for the houseboat motor, the shop is up up on a hill so I was gone about twenty minutes with the boat out of view. It looks like it was caused by a wave runner rub rail with some screws or rivets sticking out. It looks like some will rub out but other parts are through the gel coat. Since I didn't notice it until it was on the trailer, I wasn't in the mood to relaunch, drive up the lake, back to the Marina to see if anybody saw anything. Cry.gifMad.gif

When I started wiping down the boat Sunday afternoon I looked at the observer's side and thought WTF ?? I have a scratch that goes from the transom all the way to the bow. It is right at the water line. I was racking my brain how this could happen I was tied tied to several different houseboats but always on the drivers side. Than I remembered I went to the marina for a part for the houseboat motor, the shop is up up on a hill so I was gone about twenty minutes with the boat out of view. It looks like it was caused by a wave runner rub rail with some screws or rivets sticking out. It looks like some will rub out but other parts are through the gel coat. Since I didn't notice it until it was on the trailer, I wasn't in the mood to relaunch, drive up the lake, back to the Marina to see if anybody saw anything. Cry.gifMad.gif

That sucks. Hopefully it will buff out.

I want to invent some invisible force field for situations like this. That or a boat that can defend itself. I wonder if the US Navy has any Phalanx (R2D2) guns laying around. :)

EDIT: Duh, forgot the picture. :)

ciws-label.jpg

Edited by UWSkier
Sorry to hear that.....when we we're there for the MDB those water flies were hitting everything. I'd need to be in rehab if this happened to me :(

Plus1.gif Hopefully most of it will buff out..... I picked up a scratch MMD weekend that will buff out easily when I have time. It was not fun trying to maneuver the mother ship in and out of that slip at Barrett Cove. Plus, there was a SAN full of chicks that played bumper boats with every boat but mine on the way out. Scary.

M-Dude, rater than rehab, wouldn't you just go get a new VLX?

I want to invent some invisible force field for situations like this. That or a boat that can defend itself. I wonder if the US Navy has any Phalanx (R2D2) guns laying around. :)

EDIT: Duh, forgot the picture. :)

ciws-label.jpg

LS, sorry to hear about the scratch. That really bites. Mad.gif Hopefully you can buff it out.

Matt, have you seen one of those R2D2 Phalanx guns in action? They are freaken awesome. Rockon.gif I was on a LPD2 troop transport in the first Gulf War (Semper fi). They had a few of those suckers on the ship. We use to sit on the observation deck overlooking the small landing deck for helos. When helicopters or other aircraft came in close proximity, the R2D2 would spin around and track our aircraft....You know those pilots were probably a little antsy, hoping that the recognition software was working right! Every now and then they would test the guns. Basically they are fancy gatlin guns. I loved the sound when they fired...Almost like an air socket gun. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end as they unleashed a hellish number of rounds per minute. Really awesome!

Edited by Birm
Sorry to hear that.....when we we're there for the MDB those water flies were hitting everything. I'd need to be in rehab if this happened to me :(

Plus1.gif Hopefully most of it will buff out..... I picked up a scratch MMD weekend that will buff out easily when I have time. It was not fun trying to maneuver the mother ship in and out of that slip at Barrett Cove. Plus, there was a SAN full of chicks that played bumper boats with every boat but mine on the way out. Scary.

M-Dude, rater than rehab, wouldn't you just go get a new VLX?

That's why I need the rehab..... Whistling.gif